Leaving behind bots

ADogX

This is something I wanted to ask everyone about. Even though I wasn't playing long (Power shut off on me), I was on Map 1 of Swamp Fever, and there were a lot of bots on my team. As far as I know, we're always told to leave the bots. Then people on the other team were saying we were leaving teammates behind, but I thought they were all bots (we had 5 or so bots) until I noticed Human After All. so I went back for him (and died in the process since I was the only one trying to help. Yes Pump you may laugh). So I want to know, if there are a lot of bots, are we supposed to wait for them, or leave them behind? or do we only leave behind bots when there's 1 or 2?

(edited)

Personally if I'm on a team that's a majority of bots I try to help at least one or two or at least keep an eye on them in case a real person loads in on them. I nearly always say leave the bots alone, don't waste your health on them lol. But if someone does load in on a downed bot you can continue and send points then just try to cover them as they make their way forward.

Also wanted to add that if they're piled together it's good to pick a few up just for the points, especially if you can pop an adren.

Anywho that's my two cents now I'm taking my tired butt to bed. :\

Edited by dessa

Playing with bots stinks.  Playing with a lot of them stinks more.  I don't think any admins will ban anyone when playing with many bots and they are down far behind..  You can leave bots behind when passing a choke point, but you always run the risk of loosing a real player who joined at the wrong time.    

Don't worry too much about it and enjoy the game.  Don't worry about what the other team says either. 

I am seeing  a lot of people confusing the rules lately causing mass confusion. 

On that note.

If 1 guy is down and the rest of the team is in the safe room that is not rushing.

If 5 guys are down and 1 runs to the safe room that IS rushing, but if the team is ok with it, that's fine.

If 1 bot is down after a choke point because he was pulled or charged, and the rest of the team is forward, that is not rushing.

If 5 guys are down before the choke point and 2 run off to try and get to the safe room, that is rushing. 

I live by two golden rules and encourage all other players to do the same.  They tend to clear up any ethical dilemmas.

1.  You need to make a reasonable effort to save bots.

2.  You can't sacrifice the safety of human players for the sake of bots.

Rule number one is priority until the saving the bots will be too dangerous.  If saving the bots will get people killed, then rule number two comes into effect.  One scenario that's a bit controversial is the stubborn hero running back to save the bots while ignoring his teammates' pleas to leave them for the team's sake.  This is one of the very few instances of leaving teammates behind that most members condone.  While protecting your teammates is a primary concern, if they're blatantly violating rule number two, they're a threat to the team and can be abandoned to their fate to prevent others from suffering.

One scenario that's a bit controversial is the stubborn hero running back to save the bots while ignoring his teammates' pleas to leave them for the team's sake.  This is one of the very few instances of leaving teammates behind that most members condone. 

Occasionally (not too often) a bot goes down in a totally safe spot, like not near a choke or anything, and then people start freaking out because I go to pick it up.

that's basically feeding 15+ free points to infected

Jackie-Chan-Meme-500x2801-620x350.jpg

• Like 3

One scenario that's a bit controversial is the stubborn hero running back to save the bots while ignoring his teammates' pleas to leave them for the team's sake.  This is one of the very few instances of leaving teammates behind that most members condone. 

Occasionally (not too often) a bot goes down in a totally safe spot, like not near a choke or anything, and then people start freaking out because I go to pick it up.

Remember, though.  Their indifference is a violation of rule number one.  Hell, I'm usually the least eager to leave bots behind even though Rochelle bots are practically playing for the infected.

Stop posting pictures of me on the internets.

You look confused, that is not you.

7 interesting bot points:

1) Bots teleport to catch up with the group

2) Moving bots around is like having a really accurate tank, they actually provide decent cover against aerial boomers

3) Heal injured bots, it is worth points

4) Bots that go down 'can' make all the bots (yes, your really useful, accurate, moving tank) go backwards

5) Bots will almost always try to pick you up when you go down

6) Bots will almost always try to heal you when you get hurt

7) Bots stand in spit a lot...

Bots can be useful.

Comment: Man I spent too much time playing 2v2 against General and mechanical on that server...

GC Server Admin

There's quite a few glitch spots e.g.  Parish 1st Map.  Bots do get 'stuck' in teleport mode inside the trailer after everyone has exited.   This usually means death for all the bots if they are left to fend for themselves. 

leave all the bots without worrying, they will teleport near to you in few seconds.

wut..

lol, don't tell me you don't know about bots teleporting.

Leaving the bots behind is essentially giving free points for the infected team. They don't teleport right away and if they get caught, all the bots will then fall back to rescue...causing even further separation and eventually leading to death. Is not always a clear cut decision to leave the bots behind but for the most part, if it's behind a dangerous choke point...don't bother with it. If a player join then is just bad luck, send points and hope for the best he/she can get out of it (while providing as much cover of course).

leave all the bots without worrying, they will teleport near to you in few seconds.

wut..

lol, don't tell me you don't know about bots teleporting.

you imply that this always happens, but really it takes like 15-20 seconds (so they often just die after getting capped) and maybe in like 4-5 spots consistently across all campaigns

We just had a mix of this happening last night. At the start of the passing. Myself and another person were picking up the bot because we were in an easy to defend area. We didn't want to give the other team the easy points for buying up the sputters for the stair case. However, then the bots started getting bogged down in the hallway before the bar. Spit was flying everywhere. At this point we as a team decided to leave them. Then one player went back to help them. We asked them not too, but they didn't listen. That person was incapped and eventually died because we couldn't safely get in there to help them.

We just had a mix of this happening last night. At the start of the passing. Myself and another person were picking up the bot because we were in an easy to defend area. We didn't want to give the other team the easy points for buying up the sputters for the stair case. However, then the bots started getting bogged down in the hallway before the bar. Spit was flying everywhere. At this point we as a team decided to leave them. Then one player went back to help them. We asked them not too, but they didn't listen. That person was incapped and eventually died because we couldn't safely get in there to help them.

Yeah, Passing hates bots.  There's so little you can do about it too.  Unless it's a micro-game (like 3 vs 3) or have teams of ten that consist largely of veterans, I almost never see a team make it all the way to the end.  It's usually a big rush to get as far as you can before you're tanked to death and that usually happens right after that choke point.