Silent SI?

VladPiranha

I had a thought tonight - what if you could buy an upgrade for the infected team that essentially mutes all of their sound effects?  Boomers and chargers often let out a loud sound when they spawn.  Jockeys make constant noise while approaching and you can always hear a spitter lurking above.  If all of that went away, it would make ambushes more effective without breaking the game.  Thoughts?

• Like 1

u can go to option -> audio -> game volume (turn it off). save your pts. 

He meant so when you are playing infected the survivors can't hear you, and you're obviously not going to force the other team to turn off sound. 

I think it's an interesting idea but doesn't belong in this server in my opinion. It's just part of l4d2. Don't spawn in so early and they won't hear you around corners and through walls. 

He meant so when you are playing infected the survivors can't hear you.

I understand what he is saying. 

you're obviously not going to force the other team to turn off sound. 

I didn't force ppl to turn off sound.  wear your glasses.

veee, you need to a take a nap hahaha

thats a cool idea vlad, but muting those sounds completly would be far too op, and partialy mutting them would just force people to change the sound settings which would become anoying very very quick.

i think it could be done if it were like a timed thing, or maybe one use per spawn, in both cases it would have to be a personal thing, not team wide.

and even then, price would have to be pretty steep for something so potentialy op in close quarters

also, it should give a messague to survivors that someone is being "silent" just like witch mesagues.

I can never hear jockeys when up close pretty sure theres a glitch to it cause i'll randomly be jockied by a bot that i can't hear.  If anyone knows fix to it would be great to know how to fix it

if it isnt an addon messing whit sound files then something must have hapened to the jockie sound files.

go to the Properties of l4d2; local files; verify integrity of game cache.

@vivalabrandon I'm pretty sure I've heard of this glitch it's called, "Being BAD". Recommended fixes are uninstalling, or playing campaign on modded servers with up to 10 or more survivors cooperatively. In hopes that weight of carrying you would be off set to the point the team would be able to make the saferoom without leaving you behind. Lol Bambi ;p

I had a thought tonight - what if you could buy an upgrade for the infected team that essentially mutes all of their sound effects?

Here's a crazy suggestion:

1. Spawn as hunter.

2. Don't crouch.

3. No noise.

Ba da bing ba da boom. Problem solved.

Here's a crazier suggestion involving buying upgrades:

1. Get enough points.

2. Buy upgrades for all available hunter slots for infected team.

3. Don't crouch.

4. Majority of/whole infected team's sound effects are muted.

5. Don't even pounce at all.

6. Just claw the survivors!

Bonus: Forget about spawning as the other infected. They make noises. You're screwed.

No need to add in an upgrade to buy system that mutes all of the infected team's sound effects. Cool idea though! :)

How about we do this the other way around, and have an upgrade you can buy to randomly make SI noises when there aren't actually any SI around?  Maybe you can trigger it on regular infected that are out of the vision range of any survivors.

Silent specials meh... Need to be at least 30pts. How about an unannounced achievements?

Also, with me being so new I don't know if this has ever been discussed. Getting points for your collateral death charges? I noticed you get points for incaps if you crash into them, but not for the deaths when you send a survivor flying. Tanks as well... No points for death punches :'(...

Q

I do apologize for getting off topic