to join or not to join

Shadow Slayer

should i join the coast gaurd?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay, I'd miss ya but look at it this way.

1:Money for college- also your future

2: 4 years goes by quickly... or so I've heard from a couple of my sister's friends in the guard.

3: You get to go to some cool places.

I mean, it's your choice. It's not like it's going to end your life, plus the money from it could help you in the future.

Okay, I'd miss ya but look at it this way.

1:Money for college- also your future

2: 4 years goes by quickly... or so I've heard from a couple of my sister's friends in the guard.

3: You get to go to some cool places.

I mean, it's your choice.  It's not like it's going to end your life, plus the money from it could help you in the future.

yeah you get to stop Cubans trying to come to Florida by boat!! how much more fun can you ask for? heh j/k. Nah i think it's a good idea, it sounds like fun

Personally... asking advice in this arena for such a major decision seems a little reckless. I understand the idea of bouncing it off of friends and getting fresh perspectives. But as a christian there is only One who should have any say.

Not down on ya just taking it another direction.

If you are 17 or 18 and dont have any real good direction on where you are going and what you want to do...go for it.

Also, make a strong commitment to yourself about anything you know you want to do afterwards...like GOTO COLLEGE! Then, do it all!

Also, make a strong commitment to yourself about anything you know you want to do afterwards...like GOTO COLLEGE!

IT only took goot 10 years to finish college, so would say it might take you (SS) four years to finish... Coast guard sounds fun but, you do what you see best fit for your life....

Actually, you might look into which branch of the armed services has training that you might desire and that will translate over into the civilian world THEN join up one of those.

Whatever you do, good luck man.

hey thanks for all the input guys its muchly apreciated. if i do go ill have to get fat to find somone else to be the moderator for this forum. and i do realize greg that what God wants for my life is what matters most but it still helps to get peopls thoughts on the matter too. and yes i have been thinking about what service would offer the best training for the feilds i want to get into but right now im not really sure what field of study i do want to get into. im just tottaly sick of having a dead end job and not knowing what i want to do with my life and trying to save money to do what ever that turns out to be. im in a rut and i think that the military would be a good experience for me. right now im thinking about a career in pc networking or programing or something cause thats what i enjoy doing. but im not really sure on that either. did you guys have this hard of a time trying to decide what you wanted to do???? i mean im 20 years old i really need to get it together and do something with my life but oh well. im sure you guys really wanted to hear all this :) oh btw good to see ya back heartless.

ttfn

S.S.