Greatest Athlete ever?

Guest Spitfirez

Guest Spitfirez
Guest Spitfirez
Guest Spitfirez
Guests

I personally think, that Muhammed Ali, was the greatest athlete of all-time. He could defeat you with his mind, before he even layed a finger on you.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guests

BY A HUGEEEEE LONG BIGNESS ... Jordon is the best ever... ( as much as i would love to say bird ... its jordon )

I loved Walter Payton. But as far as greatest athlete period I might say Jim Thorpe or Jackie Robinson? The latter fought through many hardships to do what he loved and was one of the best at it(baseball). Jim Thorpe played multiple sports and was a pioneer. Pele? Who can say.

This is so subjective... Greatest athlete is really hard to define. It would HAVE to be in a sport that would showcase athleticism (my vote would be football, hockey, basketball, or soccer). And the athlete would have to be someone who dominated his sport.

But it would also have to be someone who was absolutely fun to watch. So I revert to football because the other spots are less visual. Jordan would definetely make a lot of lists. A pleasure to watch and dominated the sport. But I dont really care for NBA basketball. Bunch of lumbering oaks and guys that drain three pointers all day long. So I revert to football.

In football, I would lean toward a running back because they get to display some great athletic moves. Initially I thought of Bo Jackson. The added bonus of being a great baseball player helps. But his running style tended more to power than my idea, I guess.

So I settled on Barry Sanders.

Greatest athlete of the modern era is prolly Jordan or Ali (i picked 2). I'm a C.Barkley fan in baskteball , Walter Payton in football, and De La Hoya in boxing. Those 2 brought the most excitement to their sports in my opinion.

Jim Thorpe was prolly a great athlete back then but theres no way he could do it in todays era. Football he would get hurt, basketball he would get dunked on, and boxing he would get knocked out.

jim brown is the best ever running back hands down no questions asked....he would of doubled walter paytons old record if he kept playing

jim brown was also a 4 time all american lax player...now thats skillz

(edited)

Let me add one.

Pike from the Chicago Bears. Hes the one who made the Famous 4-6 Defense.

He played Free saftey for the bears when he came up with the idea for a "46 Bear Defense" That many teams use today.

Even though the defense has a 50 front, and 3 linebackers, and the name might confuse people with the 4 and 6, but its named after him, just like the 53 defense.

Here at my school, we have 3 defenses. 53 Base, 46 Bear, and VooDoo

53: 5 down linemen, 3 backers, zone, backers move to trips

46: 5 down line, 3 backers, man (we use this against the power teams such as power I and Veer)

Voodoo: 3 down line, 2 extra DB's go out. (Use this against the spread teams, with just one tailback in the backfield)

I dont know alot about anything besides the line, becaue I play Defensive tackle, but I know enough to explain it.

Edited by Killer

My original thought was Bo too Rev...then I started thinking that, well, he did most of that on steriods so that kinda hurts his candidacy. Then I started thinking of other 2 sport wonders and ended up with...oh man, it sucks to say this but...Deion Sanders.

• 5 weeks later...