Tattoo

gOOters

Maybe this has been done before...how many here have tattoo(s)? I have always wanted one or two...decided that I am going to get my first before the year's end.

Share your thoughts experiences if you have any...thanks. Advise is welcome too.

hey goot i have one.....its in asian symbols down my right arm......it means "in memory of father".......i am getting another one on my left shoulder blade. its gonna be 2 symbols one meaning life the other meaning friends.

also if you get one make sure its soemthing that means something and isnt just there to look cool or soemthing. make sure your gonna be ok with seeing it when your 70 and know that u dont regret it.

also dont worry about pain...it really does just feel like a sun burn...actually its just annoying when they do it.

i think i have a pic somewhere on here of mine ill see if i can find it.

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

I have 3. A celtic circle on my chest, a celtic knot on my upper back, and a tribal design on my leg.

I got "Semper Fi" down the back of my left arm in olde script. It means Semper Fidelis, the Marine Corps motto which is latin for "Always faithful". I got my meat tags, a copy of my dog tags, on my right arm. I got a tribal dragon on my back. And I got a chinese symbol that means "Extreme" on my left shoulder. I love em. Soon as I get more cash I'm gonna get "Death Before Dishonor" on my stomach and a tribal snake on my right side that wraps around my waist.

• 3 years later...

tattoo2.jpg

The picture was taken right when I took the bandage off that night... so it's a lil blooooooooody!

That's my first and only tattoo. I got it July 11th 2006. It's a Gemini sign inside. I paid around 110 for it. The pain... is all dependant on ur tolerance for it. I didnt seem to mind it. I was under the needle for about an hour maximum. Some spots hurt worse than others... but ya deal with it. It makes you pay for what you are going to have with you for the rest of your life. Good Luck, and why dont I see more of other ppl's tattoos on here?

Also, while healing... make sure to put lotion on the drying scab several times a day!!! Ur artist will tell you all this, but I'm telling ya... it turns out great when you put the time in while healing. Be VERY careful when washing.. ya dont want to rub too hard or peal a scab off.. it'll take the ink out.

For anyone thinking of getting a tat, keep in mind that the laser that they use to take one off hurts WAY more than the needle they use to put it on (trust me on this). So make sure you get something you like.