Board game players?

Playaa

I just found this site that makes board games. BUT! the difference between these and every other game out there is that these don't charge you an arm and a leg to put cool dice or pieces in there. In fact you don't even hafta buy the parts that go with the game...they tell you what you need and you can buy them at a hobby shop or even buy their Ultimate Bits Pack and use them for all of their games. I just bought 6 games for the price I would pay for 1 game at walmart. Now I'm not a huge board game player but on holidays and such I play with family and the holidays are coming up.

They have games like "Unexploded Cow" where you have a problem with Mad Cow Disease in England and unexploded bombs in France...well your job as the player is to make the most money competing against other players by getting rid of both of these problems...by having the cows blow up the bombs...

or "Falling" a real time card game (meaning no turns involved, everyone plays at once) where each player is falling and the dealer deals out cards and the players hafta use cards like "Bounce" or "Stop" or "Kick Off" to be the last player in the air...last player to hit the ground wins.

so yeah...I suggest checking these out cause they look hilarious.

the site is:

I'm sure that the filter will edit it but the site is www.cheapass.com (cheapa.s.s)

Homer,Dec 18 2003, 10:16 PM] Seidler von Katan (or Settlers of Catan) are a great series.

YES

Have heard really good things about Settlers of Cattaan. Im going to have to pick it up for some good gaming with friends over the holidays.

It is my favorite board game.

Plain ol' Settlers is my favorite. If you're looking to get a lot more involved go with the Cities and Knights expansion, and if you want to try a completely different game later on get Seafarers. The 2 player card games aren't worth it though, I got one and only played it like 4 times.

• 2 weeks later...

ok so I played the 3 games I got:

Deadwood - a game where each player is a two-bit actor on a two-bit movie set playing in as many scenes as possible per day. The point of the game is to gain the most money and fame by the end of the movie shoot.

Fun Factor: 6/10

Strategy: 6/10

Score: 6 out of 10

Kill Dr. Lucky - a game where each player is in a mansion owned by Dr. Lucky and each player is doing their best to be the first to kill him.

Fun Factor: 8/10

Strategy: 10/10

Score: 9/10

(the failure cards in this game are hilarious...you play them on another player when they try to kill him and they say things like: "A wizened old kung-fu master appears out of nowhere and fights on Dr. Lucky's side, then disappears", or "You hear Dr. Lucky say: 'Is this Rat Poison? I LOVE RAT POISON!", or "You are stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid.")

Unexploded Cow - a game where each player is doing their best to make money off of French farmers by removing the unexploded mines from World War II from their fields using the cheap cows with Mad Cow Disease that you picked up in England.

Fun Factor: 10/10

Strategy: 9/10

Score: 10/10

This game was a BLAST to play is is very replayable and fun. Even my 47 year old mother (who is NOT a game player) picked it up quickly and had fun.

so basically...I'm going back to get more of these games cause they RULE!

*edit*

for comparison:

Monopoly

Fun Factor: 8/10

Strategy: 8/10

Score: 8/10

CandyLand

Fun Factor: 2/10

Strategy: 1/10

Score: 2/10

Risk

Fun Factor: 7/10

Strategy: 10/10

Score: 8/10

Edited by Playaa/Pselus

the only thing I DON'T like is that the "boards" for the board games (unexploded cow is a card game) are just thin pieces of cardboard that you place on the table to make a total board...so they slide around alot...I recommend getting some other cardboard and gluing them to it and then you have a stable playing surface.

I also recommend buying the "Ultimate Bits Package" cause then you have the ability to buy nearly any game they make for the cheapest price and get only the rulebooks and boards and with the Bits Package you have all the other pieces (dice, pawns, money, etc.)

i just learned how to play chess...so, i'm liking that.....but i am a diehard euchre player :=

CHESS PROLLY MY FAV BOARD GAME BUT I HAVENT PLAYED IT LATELY

hehe... I believe I am still wearing the MCC Chess crown... StretchNutz(where's he been anyway) will pwn me when he gets back... but back when the Sargon Square forum still existed I managed to hand out a few checkmates here and there. :boing: in fact I'm off to yahoo to try and pick up a game now :)

I got Axis & Allies for Xmas.

It's got 299 pieces, little tanks, men, ships, planes. Boy o boy, I'm halfway through the book and it looks like Risk meets Settlers! I'm wondering how many DAYS a game will take!

I also learned over Xmas that there is a different version of FLUXX:

StonerFluxxAd.jpg

Stoner Fluxx! This is not a joke!

Original Fluxx A great game for adults or kids.