Fastest/Coolest car you have driven?

gOOters

(edited)

I used to have alot of rich friends back home (I always felt like Brandon from 90210), anyhow one of my friend's family was richer than God and they had more cars than they knew what to do with (all black with black leather of course). He got to drive the 996 TT sometimes and is was wicked fast.

Oh, and a funny side story, we were out at his lakehouse one weekend and he found a Jeep Wrangler that he didnt know they had in the garage, so we drove the Jeep back into town and he sunk about $6K into lifting it and re-gearing it and getting tires/rims, lol!

Other than that, I have gotten to drive some other cool cars that belonged to friends or test driving back when I was in high school :rolleyes:

Some day I will be able to afford a really sweet car I hope. I either want a 911 or an A/C Cobra reproduction. Really I want the Cobra :)

Edited by gOOters

as sad as it is...with my huge love of fast cars...the fastest car I've ever driven was a mostly riced out '98 Neon RT. It had huge wing, 17" rims, body kit, white car with blue vinyl graphics, tints, huge sound system and lowered...however it did also have exhaust upgrades, cold air intake, UD Pulley, performance wires and plugs (barely anything) and ran 14.5 in the 1/4 mile...

second fastest would be an RSX Type S when they were BRAND new...200hp 6-speed was really fun to drive.

I also thoroughly enjoy Probe GT 5-speeds...something about them just says "drive me hard"...

I've also driven a 12-cylinder Jaguar convertible...that thing is freakin slow but cool

see goot...you need to bring the Z to FF04 and let me drive it so my stories can be slightly better

:P

I once raced a 2001 vette with my 1990 LX 5.0 mustang in high school. I ate him through the first 3 badly, after that he started walking away from me and i couldnt make it up. My car was setup for short distance, dyno'ed in at 430hp.

My best friend had a 2002 yamaha R1. 160+ on interstate, i was holding on for deer life, the engine rpm's were soo high it sounded liek it was gonna blow up but it just kept on going higher !

Both the R1 and the mustang are in junkyards now, a few bones broke from each. :bang:

I also thoroughly enjoy Probe GT 5-speeds...something about them just says "drive me hard"...

i agree man, i drove a gt probe and love everything about them. Im actually looking for one around where i live or an integra but cant find either worth buying yet.

you WON'T find a Probe GT worth buying really...the only ones worth buying are the ones owned by old ladies and then it'll probably be an automatic...

I DO enjoy PGT's...but man are they a crappy car when it comes down to it...and 90% of the time they were owned by someone who beat them up.

Wow - good question.

'70 GTO with a 350HP 400. It would slide her sideways hitting 2nd with an automatic tranny.

'70 442 with a 455 built. Had a front-line lock, sway bars, etc...that thing would poop-n-get. Probably the fastest Car I have driven/owned.

'67 Chevelle SS with 454 built, 411 rear end and tons of power. This thing would run like a bat outta hell. It was so much fun to drive then someone poured sugar in the tank and we had to rebuild and sold it.

'78 TransAm with 400 Big Block, roughly 345hp. I had a low-geared rear-end and I was clocked once at 135 on the highway and it still had a lot more room to go.

'94 Taurus SHO. For a 4-door family car this thing would go. I used to beat Mustang GTs with no problem with that. It had a 3-spring racing clutch and chip in it to offer a little extra boost.

Bikes -

CBR600 built for the 1/8 mile strip. Almost too much power for a bik, it was unreal.

GSXR1100 - Fast, very fast but not quite as much low-end power as the 600

Virago 750 - This was my favorite for riding, just cruising around, sounding sweet.

Ive done valet parking before for a rich place so ive got to drive pretty much every expensive car you think of (non-exotic). I guess the most bizarre car I have driven would be the Hummer. I know someone in Vancouver who owns one and he let me drive in the mountains. Quite a fun experience.

well if we're talking cars we've SAT in...I've sat in a Viper, RX8, 700hp 70-something Corvette Stingray, Ferrari (a maroon one of these to be precise), Light Blue Porsche 911 convertible with Baby Blue leather interior (looked exactly like this only it was a convertible and it was light blue..oddly enough the interior was the exact color of that Volkswagen next to it)

honestly, I think the Porsche and the Ferrari beat his Diablo cause they were MINT CONDITION old cars...there is a used car dealer in my town that ONLY sells high class used cars...and they sell them CHEAP (we're actually pretty sure they run a "side business" of drugs)...that Ferrari had 36,000 miles on it and they wanted only $12k. The Porsche had 12,000 MILES!!! and they wanted $10k (both ran perfectly, my friend's father test drove them both, they were going to buy one for my friend when he was 16...but he had to make the insurance payments and he couldn't swing those)

I've also sat in a drag racing car at an auto show that was SO LOUD that people 6 blocks away were wondering what was going on and everyone near the thing had their fingers in their ears and were STILL backing up wincing and there was actually a noticeable "wave" of air that hit you all around the car when it was revved...was insane (like he would rev the car and the people standing 10 feet back in a circle around it FELT the rev of the car as much as heard it)

oh...and I've stood NEXT TO a 500-something horsepower 3000GT VR4...Shadowcaster has actually ridden in it (his dad has driven it)...it's so powerful that when you accelerate you can't touch the dashboard supposedly...went 0 to 150 in about 10 seconds (might be less)

yeah, none of those count :P

However, the pic of the 512BB is pretty sweet, although I think the Ferrari you saw was probably a 308GT, which is considerably cheaper. I have only ever seen one 512BB...and it was about 2 weeks ago on the road :)

I would sell my Z and buy a 308GT in a heartbeat if it was in decent shape. I would feel horrible making it my daily driver though!!!

And about the drag car...I got to watch a Funny Car race as well as the long drag cars (top fuel for both) once and man, if you didnt put your fingers in your ears, I bet you could seriously go deaf after 3 or 4 passes :o

all I know is it looked EXACTLY like that

heck for all I know it's still at the dealership...I haven't gone in there in awhile...though it is a cool place to visit...they have about 30 cars inside on the floor and I'd say 80% of them are MG and Triumph convertibles....

I've topped out several of my cars/bikes.

(all indicated, stock gearing u.n.o.)

78 Celica - 102mph

69 TR6 - 106mph

91 CRX Si - 129mph

95 Civic Si - 126mph

00 BMW R1100R - 122mph

74 Honda CB360 - 87mph, downhill, tailwind

and others I've owned.....

72 Cuda with built 383, 4-speed, 3.91 Sure-Grip axle, stomp it in 3rd gear and powerslide around.

69 Charger, auto, 3.23 Sure-Grip, mild build 383 HP, backed off at 130mph (was getting a vibration, probably from driveline). Estimate 145 would have been getting close to top end. Would scratch the pavement real nice when it hit 2nd gear.

And other's that I've driven.....

70 Charger R/T built 440, 4 speed, 3.54 Sure-Grip, bias-ply tires. Nothing high-speed, but some nice powerslides.

81 Porsche 924 Weissach Edition, laugh it up over the 924, but this thing does the best 4 wheel powerslides ev4r!

68 Camaro RS, stock, 350(?), 4 speed, rear axle hop from hell!