What are you playing with

Magruter

Need a little feedback, I'm in the market for purchasing a new mouse. Right now I have an optic microsoft mouse. Thinking about switching to a five button wireless. What are you using and does it help. (I need all the help in the world to shot you guys!!!) :D

This is what I use. The side buttons come in handy for voicecomm. The button layout is also better than on some of the other optical mice. My wife's optical mouse, for example, has two buttons on the left hand side that are kinda small. The bigger buttons just fit my hand better.

The one problem is the cord getting stuck on the speakers, or sitting your beer on it. So maybe cordless would be better :) But never heard of anyone using cordless for this game.

imo_hero.jpg

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

Logitech Wheel Mouse Optical... Has 3 buttons on it. Used same mouse for about 2 yrs now.

45.gif

I have heard a lot of good things about the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 and the Logitech MX300. I am also in the market for a new mouse, and these are the 2 I am considering, unless shertown can come through on his "plan." (Sher knows what I am talkin about!) The logitech is like $40, which is 10 less than the Microsoft, and it scans 8000 dpi, where the microsoft scans 6000 dpi. I still don't know which one to buy though. :-(

Fast switch is originally bound to (?)Q(?) i think. Its not called fast switch though its called last weap used. if you choose say a usp, then pull up an AK, you hit that button and the usp will come back up. Hit it again and the AK comes up. Very helpful in AWPing, or when you empty a clip and need that pistol or knife quickly.

well, fast switch is technically something you would do with awp/pistol using last-use button and its kinda ticky.

what you want is a one touch select for pistol and/or knife. I have these bound to my mouse, you can just go into the cames control settings and click on pistol (its menu item 2) then select the button you want to use. For me its Mouse5 = menuitem 3 (knife) and Mousewheel Down = menuitem 2 (pistola)

Yeah Quick-Switching takes a while to get used to, but once you get good at it, it helps tremendously. You won't believe all the kills you get just by emptying a clip with your rifle, then letting em have it with the pistol. Another good time to use it is with a nade and a gun.

I bought some expensive wireless optical thing by microsoft a while ago...the problem is that no mouse can replace my mouse i have now...i tried a few..

mini might remember the name of it, i can't, but it's got a rubbery side that my pinky nail digs into and through....so i'm used to moving the mouse with that leverage...can't replace it....clean the rollers every week or so and have replaced the ball once....still kickin!!!!

rev I think that's the same mouse my friend bought cheap (like 15 bucks) and it was HORRIBLE......it would do alright in windows but when you got in CS it would literally jump everywhere....

one good mouse that is cheap and ppl don't buy often is the optical one by IBM....it's got a blue light on the mousewheel and the whole thing is dark blue....

I played with that mouse alot and it is very comfortable and has good reaction to quick movements

Windows seems fine like you say Playaa.

Ive found that with mice you need to turn off their personal app that is running in the background or they are terrible for gaming. I hope that is what happend to your friend.

Im really liking the movement. It seems small but that just cause I had a huge honker el cheapo optical for the last 2 weeks. Before that I had a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer optical - the mouse of choice it would seem. I really liked it. No complaints until it gave out.

Ok.. going to test CS now.

I have the same mouse as hurricane, VERY NICE mouse, nice quick, swift movements. It comes with a mousepad that is made for the mouse. I can move it so swftly. Ive had it almost 2 years now and its great. I dotn need tonz of buttons cuz i play old fashion > i dont use the claw i use the arrow keys and delete is my reload, end is talk, and Page down is SS, shift jump, control crouch, and enter walk. And all th3 numbers on my keypad are what i use so its all togther in 1 spot for quick actions. i dunno i like it. SOrry for ramblin on lolz.

Ive been looking foe a mouse but most of the ones i find and like are made for right handed peeps.You know what i mean its got that slight left curve to it so it doesnt feel right.

Cane i have a mouse that looks the same as yours.Wheres your third button i only have 2.DO you use the mousewheel as a button?I can click mine but it crashes cs when in game and brings up some circle thing for itouch,favorites,news and reload things.and it doesnt show in the button assignment in settings.