College

Jiffy

well i went to Northern last tues. I liked the campus and the overall feel of the place. They dont have much in engineering. electical and computer science, which was another interest of mine. They have a good soccer program and the area seems to be nice. I should get in no prob with my scores and transript.

I went to UoI yesterday. That was a diff feeling for sure. It was less personal? being the fact that 38,000 go there, i guess you would get that feeling. It is ranked exceptionally well in engineering and the campus is gorgeous. It doesnt have soccer, which is something that is bothering me. Two of my good friends would be going there i believe, both into medical/enginerring fields. So that would be a plus for sure. I am worried about acceptance though. A 29 at UoI isnt anything great... :( And i can only put one major on the app, so if i dont make civil engineering i am kind of screwed. I am just worried about getting accepted... :o

Friday i will be visiting Michagin State. It has the majors i want and soccer. The price isnt horrible considering i am out of state.

I just dont know. After seeing the lab area at UoI it makes me want to delve deeper into civil engineering, but i am really worried i wont be able to get in at UoI. I am going to apply to northern as well as UoI, and possibly MSU if i like it.

scheisse, ich habe keine idee! ( thankfully i dont need a foreign language, being that i will have taken 4 in high school ).

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WARNED FOR SWEARING!!!

;)

Jiffy - you get varsity letters for soccer? If you GPA was over 3.3ish you could try for Madison. UW-Madison is a high ranking college for engineering and many MANY other majors. I can almost guarantee you would love it here too - good girl/guy ratio - things to do on weekends - and nothing beats the all around sports at Madison...attendance is huge at ALL the sports for the team - its pretty awesome.

I believe Madison has a decent soccer team - and if you are interested in that you may be able to get a scholarship to Madison too! Get ahold of them soooooon!!!

Gunny

I went to visit a few colleges yesterday and the two nicest ones Ive been to overall in this area are University of WhiteWater, WI and Western Illinois University.

I went to visit Madison and ISU and those two schools are kinda trashy in my opinion. Im gonna check out UIC tomorrow.

My only advice is get a degree in something technical, so that you can make a living. Don't get a journalism, history, liberal arts degree because you're gonna be managing McDonalds for the rest of your life if you do.

Get an nice technical degree so you can make $$$. I'm 2 years out of college and make way more than my dad (with an engineering degree). =)

I agree 1000%. If nothing else, a technical degree will open more doors for you. If you wanna do finance or operations or some other kinda business, you can always get an MBA and focus in that area. Its what I am doing. In my business, the technical degrees are groomed and catered to, its kinda bad for the non-tech peeps.

my weighted gpa is over 3.7, and i do get letters for soph/junor/senoir year.

i was thinking about whitewater, and possibly madison. I might go visit those a litte later on.

(edited)
( And i can only put one major on the app, so if i dont make civil engineering i am kind of screwed. I am just worried about getting accepted... :o

I applied for Virginia Tech Comp Engineering and I didnt get accepted. After I sent off my application everyone told me I should have applied for General Studies or some major that would be easy to get in. After your first semester you can change your major to anything, cuz your already enrolled in the school. If I only would have thought of that before I applied....

Edited by NOFX

I went to UIC today and its not too bad of a school. its inner-city so its not the cleanest place but its nicer than ISU. I also learned today that its one of only two schools in IL that teach a dental program. The other being Southern. Looks like im off to UoI sometime soon. after that I think Ill have to decide where im gonna go!

southern is known as the party school of IL. have fun...lol. You are stealing my topic, hoe.

I just got back from MSU. Wow, i love it. It has 44,000+ but feels like a warm welcoming place. People in MI are nicer than IL people, by far lol. The campus is simply amazing looking, beautiful. I didnt get a chance to speak to anyone about soccer, but i went to the general tour thing as well as the engineering part.

i liked what i saw for sure.( many pretty ladies ). Overall feeling = liking it. The way they have it set up is nice as well. You get accepted to the university, not the college of your major. Which makes it much easier to get into than UoI for example.

1. MSU, 2. NIU, 3. UoI

for now that concludes my visiting. I will apply to all 3 most likely, and hopefully be able to have my pick....*crosses fingers*

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

i am getting letters of recommendation from teachers in the next few weeks. I think i am applying to MSU tommorow, and possible UoI in the coming week.

I have my heart set on MSU, so i hope all goes well.

lol I was let go from the soccer team senoir year...so i dont think i cant get a scholarship, doubtful they give them to walk-on's. What a funny story that is...sigh :bang:

anywho, wish me luck, as i shall need it.

I eagerly await the next chapter of my life. From a young age I was raised to always learn something new everyday. I have an undying quest for knowledge and continue to learn more with each passing day. A good education has always been a priority to me. I refuse to let any of life’s oddities or complications interfere with my education. I have seen many universities and colleges and none can compare with what Michigan State has to offer the individual.

Winston Churchill once said, “History will be kind to me for I intend to write itâ€?. I believe in this philosophy wholeheartedly. Fate is for the people who sit back and watch life pass before their eyes. I believe that in order for one to completely enjoy life they must take an active part in determining the outcome.

I am a competitor and I am willing to do what it takes to win, whether it is athletics or academics. I have played competitive soccer for nearly 13 years and understand the discipline needed to succeed. During my high school career I was able to sustain a job, a starting position on the soccer team, and keep high honors in all classes. The need for time management has been critical for me and I have learned just how useful it can be.

Leadership is also an important character trait of mine. I have lead both on and off the field of play. I was the freshman and sophomore captain for soccer and enjoyed the respect of my teammates and coach alike. For the past 3 years in a row I have been elected class Vice President by my fellow classmates. It gives me great pride to have the responsibility that it has given me.

As a student of Michigan State I will uphold the school’s highest standards and continue to strive for excellence. I will never wait to contemplate my fate rather I will create my own future. I will only accept my own success because failure is not an option.

well, thats that. i sending it in tommorow after school and i will post back when i get a response. thanks for everyone's input.

Yeah Jiff, MSU is boss!

I go there, and am in comp eng

only have 2 years under my belt, and will be transfer'n to a school in detoit because i got a job that will pay for the rest of my school...but the point is

MSU is a great school, there is SOOO much stuff to do

we have the BEST study abroad program in the nation, i recommend takin advantage of it

as far as partying, if u wanted to party every night, u easily could...

not to mention or campus is amazing... MSU used to be Michigan Agricultural College, hence the beautiful campus...

our architecture program is non-existant i think, if u wanna do that, go to ann arbor to U of M. Great architecture school.

My old bro went there, and is currently in grad school in London...

Got any ?s about MSU or anything, lemme know!

:peace: