• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

I agree with TeK actually, this will be an upward struggle to stay in the black. While I don't want to dampen your spirits, I do sincerely hope you've thought everything out as far as PC costs, internet costs, renting costs, staff, etc.

I think lanning is a great thing to do and very enjoyable, but once again, like TeK said if you start charging over $5 an hour you won't get much if any interest. On the flip side, if you go any lower you won't make much if any coin.. so you're stuck between a rock and a hard place I suppose.

Either way, hope I didn't come off too negative, and good luck to ya!

Guest Rastlin
Guest Rastlin
Guest Rastlin
Guests

Thanks to all for responding. Important to note:

We will not only be a gaming cafe. We will also be an ebay drop off center, do repairs, teach classes etc... Which is the whole point in trying to find a name that is not Gaming specific. Please keep the feedback coming it has been good or at least entertaining. So far I like The Down low'd, and a few others.

:unsure:

Think about selling exotic cars out of the parking lot too...that would draw coustomers in!

Seriously, good luck guys. Try to get enough backup to stay in the red for a few months before things take their upswing...I REALLY hope things work out well for you!

If I was in the area, I would take my comp to you after I finished putting in the new processor/vid card/RAM. I would be happy to give you $25 to spend an hour optimizing the software configurations (including BIOS) and getting it ready to "meet its full potential" as a gaming comp.

I can build it and make it run, but I am no whiz with windows settings and BIOS.

Plugged In (or possibly jusr Plugged)

The Jungle ( put lots of crazy plants in there)

Start Bar ( your sign out front could look like a startbar get it :) )

I'll keep thinking of names... working second shift today which is going to be slow as all heck so I'll have some creative think time as I shoot various objects with a Gamma Beam :=:bang:

well its looks more like a gaming arena then a cyber cafe. so you should focus more on that in your marketing approach.

pref. target audience: will be teens from 13-19 eh?

that means you need a new name that will make a kid think its like a hang out spot.

gamers hangout... no to common

domain of game?

gamers domain?

all about gaming? nice name good acy. (a2g = all about gaming)

gamers cabin...

somthing that attracts people to your place... you want to give it the image as though thats the "SPOT" for people to go after school.

you might also want to have a sponsored team of above avrg. players they will help you get the world out about gaming and competitive gaming and the more :serious: gamers you have the more buisness you will get.

w2z gets so much business cuz they give people the "dream" to be the ned cal-i superstar. in order to make a large profit you will need to do the same.