What was the first video game you ever played?

urk?!?

Don't know what my first game was, but I know it was also on a Commodore 64.

There was this game called tooth invaders where you would fly around with a toothbrush cleaning teeth before the germs destroy them. That game rocked man.

I remember getting annoyed trying to get games to load though, you had to type like load "tooth",8,1 etc etc and that's rough when you're like 5.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Darkerider
Guest Darkerider
Guest Darkerider
Guests

I think I played pong but, the first game I "really" played was one of those sonic for the sega gen box. Think I played that so much I had to buy a new controler (they seemed to break easy when you threw them...lol)

I started playing video games when I was like 3 or 4 on the Atari. Spaced Invaders, Tank Wars (or commanders, same on Goot was talking about with the planes. Remember the invisible until you made a shot one?) Stickman Basketball, Baseball, Donkey Kong, and Pacman. Guess what? I still have my Atari, and it still works! And I have played it recently! :boing:

At 5, we got our NES. Anyone remember the powerpad? I still have to find mine. I broke it out about 3 years ago. We tried playing it and about died. No wonder I was so skinny when I was younger! Could you imagine marketing a game controller that you have to run and jump to move to kids today? "What? You mean we have to work to play the game? No way!" :twitch:

Then I got my Sega Genesis. Yes the original design one. Zombies ate my Neighbors was the best game ever! We also played a lot of hockey and tennis.

I added the Sega CD when it came out. What a gimmick. lol

Word munchers...

nuff said...

Number munchers totally owned word munchers. :wavey: I still remember playing games on actual, real floppy disks on the apple II :lol:

Edited by General J

don't even know what the first PC game I played was called. it was some wireframe 3D tank game. that was at a friend's house. My parents got an Apple and I played Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego (black and white) and some freeware games. Then they moved up to a better computer, and I discovered Sim City 2000 and Falcon 3.0.

Before that though, I think the very first video game I ever played was the original Mario and Duck Hunt on my cousin's NES.

First game I got addicted to: Falcon 3.0 for PC, and a 3-way tie between NBA Jam '97, General Chaos and Street Fighter 2 for Sega Genesis. I never owned a console, but I'd spend entire weeks playing with my friend.

Got a few old school wav's here for some of ya:

The scariest sound that freaked me out while playing AD&D. Clicky

Doug these 2 will give ya some flashbacks One , Two

Classic tron sound here from the deadly discs.

The site I got these from also have the "B-17 bomber" wav. But they had a lot of the games wav's zipped together. So if you were a b-17 bomber fan, the download is well worth it.

Long live Pooyan!