My Gripe

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

The sound on Aztec is majorly hosed. That map is hosed and should not be played till Valve fixes it.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
I agree with valve....stopping sound that's meant to be there is cheating.  Yay valve!

Maybe people wouldn't care if Valve didn't make it so loud you couldn't hear anything else.. not to mention it sounds like crap.

Maybe people wouldn't care if Valve didn't make it so loud you couldn't hear anything else.. not to mention it sounds like crap.

I actually agree with fatty. I used to use stopsound on occasion but not nearly as what you guys seem to think it was used for. I primarily used it when the door in cs_office got jammed or for the radio in cs_italy

yeah, its a joke

its not allow'd in CAL matches, right?

So why didnt they just leave it as an option for pub players?

or perhaps as a server setting...

Hopefully its something they can change if we yell at them or cry enough...

Maybe it will just take me a while to get the hang of playin with uber loud janky side noise...

i was the KING of stopsound...

K I N G .

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

I only use it with those STUPID crickets on Nuke and the rain on Aztec.. although cl_Weather 0 took care of that. Generally its not a problem in normal CS, as I mostly play cal maps, but on Aztec/Nuke it can drive someone insane :/.

Maybe your guys sound is messed because the background sound is barely audible on my system. There is no way it is covering gunshots and footsteps on my setup.

Yeah, I can hear most things. I think its also more realistic to have some footsteps muffled when its RAINING. If we wanted plain shooters, we can play Doom 1.

Well, take into consideration that these guys used to hit stopsound more than +attack....so now, everything seems to "cover" the other sounds.

Honestly though, there's a theme...its' the pub-allstar CAL people that hate, isn't it? Am I wrong?

i just dont see how having annoying rain/wind sounds on aztec is actually making the game better. They are just plain annoying. And the crickets on nuke, GAH i HATE those things.

Where are these cricket sounds in nuke? Is it outside? I honestly have never heard them or at least noticed they were there. But I do understand the aztec comment. It can get loud.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
Well, take into consideration that these guys used to hit stopsound more than +attack....so now, everything seems to "cover" the other sounds.

Honestly though, there's a theme...its' the pub-allstar CAL people that hate, isn't it?  Am I wrong?

I don't even have stopsound binded. I occasionally type it, but generally tough it out.. doesn't make it less annoying.

DJ, spawn as a CT and run out, there's 3 boxes on your left, jump on them. When you're sitting there trying to AWP someone.. oh man it can be annoynig :[.