Do you have a cell Phone?

Terribleone

Do you have a cell phone?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hate cell phones as well. However, my house in considered to be in the boonies, so it's cheaper to have a cell phone than it is to have a traditional landline (Alltel). That means I have to get cable internet, since I can't get DSL only, but that works out pretty well. It's like those Third-World countries where they don't even develop a wired infrastructure in the countryside because of the costs of entry and the small customer base.

I hate cell phones as well.  However, my house in considered to be in the boonies, so it's cheaper to have a cell phone than it is to have a traditional landline (Alltel).  That means I have to get cable internet, since I can't get DSL only, but that works out pretty well.  It's like those Third-World countries where they don't even develop a wired infrastructure in the countryside because of the costs of entry and the small customer base.

At my parents house, you cant get DSL or cable TV, let alone cable Internet.

I only have cell phone, no landline..

I have never paid 200 upfront for a phone, what a rip off. I always take the cheap freebie one they give you. Why do I need a fancy phone? Im the only using it and I rarely use it.

Yeah, THAT'S the boonies...I don't understand why we can't get major carriers of anything except cable TV out where I am.  Fortunately, I am now on public water.

lol.... no public water out there either.. I hate going home, I feel like im in the 1930's

the only channels we get are CBS and NBC

I got a moto V220...in eligable for an upgrade in april i think...

All you guys with no land line...what happens if you have a fire and all you can manage to do is call 911 before you pass out...you're gonna be kinda screwed aren't you? Sorry to scare you but as my father has led me to believe, it is illegal here to not have a land line for that reason...aswell as others I can't remember, I'll look into it...I never wanted a land line in University but that didn't pan out in my favour...

• 2 months later...
GC Alumni

Cell Phones? Nevar heard of em.

Then again, it'd be nice to have one of those "cell phones". Pretty soon, they're going to have it so they have mini-teleportation devices in them which will render cars useless and still charge 50 dollars a month for minutes not used.

Edited by JackieChan

I dont have a cell phone so the government cant track me :)

Riiiiiiight...why on earth do you think your government would waste the big $$$ to track your cell phone...they wouldn't even do that if you were smuggling cell phones...

Hmmm, I think mine's a 710, dont' remember the model. I too have gotten around the system and figured out how to upload my own ringtones and pictures and games, etc. Right now my ring is a song by the Casting Crowns.

I don't have a LAN line, if I manage to dial 911 with my cell before I pass out due to a house fire, I would assume that 911 would contact the cell company, get my address and send a fire truck there. I would assume they would have a database there. I also have neighbors on every side of my house, that if they saw smoke, would call 911.