Interesting About Stats

Saris

It seems you get rewarded and penalized heavily for completing/not completing your objective. I've never been one to care for it much, usually when I get the bomb, I give it to someone else, I just want to mad rush and kill people. But looking at the new stats, it looks like I'm going to have change my playing style a bit for a better ranking. :(

And thus recognizing the problem with stats. Good or bad imo.

Please understand I'm not trying to point a finger, merely show why stats can be a bad thing:

But looking at the new stats, it looks like I'm going to have change my playing style a bit for a better ranking.

We strive to make this a place that promotes comradery and team play over the individual. And while it is somewhat true that in this instance it could play into the hands of GC idealism. It is still about the individual.

oh dude, that's nothing. look at #3's award points. you WILL complete the objectives. :)

in the scheme of things, dropping the bomb (-2) is nothing compared to killing a hostie (-25) or planting the bomb (+15). also notice how you earn 0 points for killing all ct's/t's.

if you have to change your playing style to complete the objectives on a team emphasized server, hooray! mission accomplished.

Loosing points for dropping the bomb?

So no longer can you say here take the bomb and plant it and i will cover you, because you get penalized for it...........i feel better covering someone i dont know then asking them to cover me

(edited)

uh...I totally see a problem there with those stats.

You get -2 for dropping the bomb, +5 for picking it up.

Anyone see a problem there? 2 people could boost their rating rather well just by trading the bomb back and forth.

I agree with BGB...Stats are for losers.

*edit*

now that I think about it...you don't even need a 2nd person.

Edited by Playaa/Pselus

-2 for dropping the bomb is the hlstatsx default....which is what 99.9% of hlstatsx sites use. also, the t's get +10 (not hlstatsx default) for successfully blowing things up. -2 for cover, +10 for cover = +8. still come out better than camping and not supporting the bomb.

wow i just realized looking at the linky on johns post that the ct's have a huge responsibility! notice how many times the bomb was planted/bombed, compared to how many times the hosties were rescued. ct's never really seem to rescue hosties anymore...just pwn!

We're splitting hairs.

Picking up or dropping the bomb shouldn't even come into play. There's an exception to every situation out there so let's just eliminate it.

Whoever gets it planted gets some points.

I could go either way about dropping the bomb, sometimes it's intentional sometimes it's not, either way in the long run -2 points is nothing.

There are situations (like on a new map) where I'll drop the bomb. Sometimes I plain ole just don't feel like having the bomb so I'll toss it off. Both of these situations I take full responsibility for not either A) having the expierence of the map B:) Being lazy so I don't have a problem being penalized a miniscule amount.

If this is a huge issue we can set the bomb dropping variable to 0 points. It's up to the general consensus.

wow i just realized looking at the linky on johns post that the ct's have a huge responsibility! notice how many times the bomb was planted/bombed, compared to how many times the hosties were rescued. ct's never really seem to rescue hosties anymore...just pwn!

This makes sense though. If the Ts are playing right, they'd rather die than let the CTs actually rescue the hostages. Meanwhile, the Ts only have to delay the CTs long enough that they can't defuse; CTs usually will sooner ensure their ability to defuse safely than try to defuse when they know they'll get shot.

(edited)
uh...I totally see a problem there with those stats.

Anyone see a problem there?  2 people could boost their rating rather well just by trading the bomb back and forth.

I agree with BGB...Stats are for losers.

*edit*

now that I think about it...you don't even need a 2nd person.

If this is true we better change it fast...i'm going to go try to xploit this right now!

Edit: Oh...it's not... :(

Edited by anonymo

Anyone see a problem there?  2 people could boost their rating rather well just by trading the bomb back and forth.

my new friend is the view action list. i'm even ordering a 2nd super sized ban stick from ebay to use on the people i find using the exploit :)

I like the idea of pushing for more teamplay/objectives.

But if its overbalanced it can really screw things up.

You finally get the bomb then awped.-- No matter how good you are, the nub that picks it up and plants it TOTALLY owns joo in the stats.

I think all objective style bonuses should be included, but not so heavily.

As a general rule, only ONE person can plant, ONE can defuse, ONE usually rescues hosties, etc.

Instead of promoting the team, it really pushes to tk the defuser and do it yourself type of attitude.

Isnt there a bonus for the WHOLE team you are on instead if the objective is completed?

edit: Ill often run distraction for a team. " Im going left to make lots of noise and die horribly. You guys plant right. Dont come with me Ill be dead in 3 seconds"

Now, that type of teamplay is heavily frowned on by the stat-er-izer.

Edited by Laz.e.rus

yes, there are team and player points. public can only view the player points, but trust me, the entire objective-completing team is heavily rewarded. ex, defuser gets 20 pts, team gets 10 pts. team could get higher, but i'd rather take baby steps to find the sweet spot then jump way past it. i do agree, they can't completely overshadow teh 1337 awp skillz, but i'm over watching kids sit in opposite corners while their rushing team is sacrificed....then typing top10 to see if they made it.

finding the balance is gonna be hard, but good thing stats only observe the past 21 days :)

Just looking through the stats again...I LOVE EM! good job...strangefamous? I think it's your baby isn't it? Awesome, amazing, stupendous job! You're getting free beer at FF...man I better bring a lot of beer

No thanks necessary, just community service :) Thanks for the compliments though I love the stats too!

He has to to make up for those months he was AWOL. GJ!!

Just looking through the stats again...I LOVE EM! good job...strangefamous? I think it's your baby isn't it? Awesome, amazing, stupendous job! You're getting free beer at FF...man I better bring a lot of beer

No thanks necessary, just community service :) Thanks for the compliments though I love the stats too!

in other words, if i make it FF, i get his free beer.