I'm going to India

strangefamous

I just found out I'm being sent to Bombay India for a month in March to setup some offices we're opening out there. It's something like a 34 hour trip to get there, so that'll probably not be fun. We're getting a nice chunk of cash in advance plus our wages while were there.

Has anyone ever been to India? What should I expect or stay away from?

I just found out I'm being sent to Bombay India for a month in March to setup some offices we're opening out there. It's something like a 34 hour trip to get there, so that'll probably not be fun. We're getting a nice chunk of cash in advance plus our wages while were there.

Closest Ive been to India was Afghanistan. India is crowded and cows are sacred (dont touch). It will be an adventure. May be more fun than you think. Good luck. :D

I heard that there are a lot of children and women begging for money in India. One guy told me a story how a woman was holding her dead child in her arms while begging for money....

When my buddy was in Egypt a woman threw her baby at him...he caught it and freaked...she freaked too...then he noticed her 3 other children running off with his wallet and pack...so...yeah...don't catch the baby, duck...

My best friend lived in Dubai for 3 years and speaks very good ordo, he's been to India a couple of times and could probably recommend things not to do and say...but yeah...don't touch the cows, eat all the insects you can (best source of protein and they taste so good, seriously), don't wash in the ganga (ganges) river...most foreigners get very sick just breathing the air near it...uhhhh...yeah, like ebil said...burn the nearest techsupport place you can...no, don't burn it, just cut the phone line...

My older brother was just in India for vacation in October for two weeks. He loved it but he is one of those people who lives for a new/different experience like that. Our Parent's were worried sick the whole time he was there (they are not so adventurous). Personally I think it would be a great place to visit and hope to get there someday. I know the company I work for is building a plant in northern Inidia right now so hopefully I can get that chance on their tab. Hope you enjoy your month long experience!

TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!

i have to get away!!!