Platoon Picture

Kilzugud

this was taken of us in mississippi. good lookin bunch huh? lol.

* o yea, those are our new uniforms that the army is switchin over too. took me sometime to get used to them but they are growin on me, lol, or atleast im sure they will by time i get back.

post-1357-1138933530_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kilzugud

lol well i dont have glasses.... and imnot wearin a hat..... and i dont have too much hair. i am in there and so is my older brother. good luck and dont hurt your eyes squinting. sorry i couldnt get a bigger picture.

I was like...hey, now I'll find him...NO ONE IS WEARING A HAT OR HAS HAIR!!!!!! :lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

i never understood why girls in the army have guns. they aren't allowed in combat! so what's the point? is it for show? are they a rebel faction?

You're joking right? Women in the army aren't allowed in combat? I might have to go visit the politics forums after this...

are you being sarcastic? of course women aren't allowed in combat. women aren't suited to fight in battle, thats a man's job. everything about men is for battle, and everything about women isn't.

Not being sarcastic at all...

I can't believe that...it's crazy! I know male dominance still affects most aspects of our lives but I thought we we're past this...I guess not...

are you being sarcastic? of course women aren't allowed in combat. women aren't suited to fight in battle, thats a man's job. everything about men is for battle, and everything about women isn't.

Not sure what army youv been reading about, but they are in combat and have been since I joined the army in 1990. The Special Forces units dont allow woman yet. The woman in my reserve unit are like amazon warriors. Trust me their fightin and dyin over there like the rest of us. :D

I have a couple of female friends in the service and to demean their sacrifices in this way angers me a bit ephemeral. I hope you are joking, if you are I would appreciate your apologies. If you are not I would appreciate you not saying things like that.

lol the female remarks suprised me to. i'll tell ya what..... im an E-5 and as it works out i have about 7 people under me at a time. the women i work with and that work for me are awesome. that crap about women arent allowed in combat isnt true. they arent allowed to do certain jobs in the military but you better believe that women can fight it out with the best of em. i know women in my unit that can put more then 3/4 of the men to shame including myself. the majority of the women outscore all the males in the fitness test. maybe there standards are a little different but they are still expected to perform just as well as any male and unfortunately as shown here in this topic and that reply, alot of times they feel like they have to work harder to try and prove something. all i can say is this.... woman or not, they are over there and here with me now. doesnt that say enough? i think so.

i thought women were allowed to be invovled in combat.......and so far i think everone else thinks that too..

and HAS ANYONE FOUND KILZ YET?!!?!??!?

They are in combat. The military doesnt see them as male and female, only soldiers. Their have been many woman killed in combat in Iraqi Freedom. There were about 32 or 33 women in my unit last I was deployed in Iraq. They were shot at just like me. They have it a little tougher there because Iraqi men dont like women in any position of authority. Such as wearing a military uniform. :D

Look here:

http://www.womensenews.org/article.cfm/dyn.../context/cover/