Woken from my slumber

Rashad

So, it snowed around 5-7 inches last night, and guess what woke me up this morning...thunder. There is a thunderstorm producing a blizzard right now. This is really bazzar, I can't tell where the ligtning is striking, but it dosn't look like normal lightning in the first place, the shape isn't the classic bolt form...it looks kinda like a light-bulb exploding. The color of the lightning is off too, it looks kinda purple-ish.

So, it snowed around 5-7 inches last night, and guess what woke me up this morning...thunder. There is a thunderstorm producing a blizzard right now. This is really bazzar, I can't tell where the ligtning is striking, but it dosn't look like normal lightning in the first place, the shape isn't the classic bolt form...it looks kinda like a light-bulb exploding. The color of the lightning is off too, it looks kinda purple-ish.

That's not thunder...it's Fatty coming up with interesting new names for the Servers

I've lived here for 20 years, and this is the first time i've seen snow and lightning at the same time.

same here rashad, im in milwaukee and its crazy, 10 mins of sleet/freezing rain, then 30 minutes of normal snow but still windy as all heck. Then as I was walking in, CRACK/FLASH goes the lightning

*THIS IS CRAZY MAN*

oooh sweet. sounds like its snowflakes bending the light.

yeah i live in brooklyn and that snow was crazy. but the wind was ridiculous, gusting up to 50 mph. im a georgia boy, i havent EVER seen that kind of snow. but since the winter has been incredibly mild, wasnt a bad trade off. only bad thing was that a subway train operator didnt open the door at my stop and i had to walk a mile home at 5 am in that crud. :=

once... a friend and I where driving around the city... fer no reason. all of the sudden the sky to the north east lit up! It was SO bright it went like a violet to a pink white.... it was like sun set on the wrong side of the earth or the aurora borealis. Then BOOM quickly followed! and all the lights went out in the city. I turned into like a big thing... it was so dark.... 3/4 of the city was blacked out. We still drove around and called friends and was acting silly and stuff... it was pretty cool.

Ever since Hurricane Katrina, my son has been obsessed with weather, and has checked out countless weather related books from the library, which he reads to me. Your "thundersnow" all seems perfectly normal to me. Its all atmosphereic conditions, baby.

And I'm jealous, too. I love snow, and we haven't gotten more than a little tease of it this year.