Low flying plane pictures

Rashad

(edited)

I dont thnk its fake, I watched mythbusters and if I remember correctly, they could not get a car to flip over with a jet engine, but for a fact in one occasion I know that a car has been flipped by a jet.

Edited by NOFX

i'd try to throw a rock at some of those real close to the ground.

Wouldn't those poeple go deaf being that close to a plane? I know I would want ear plugs.

The first house Ilived in here if Sioux Falls was right next to Joe Foss Field airport. dc10's would actually fly low enuff that i was able to hit them with a rock. Once in a while the house would shudder to the point that some pictures wold fall off the wall. I even learned to sleep thru them. My friends would spend the night and jump out of the bed when they slept. Eventually the rsidents of Sioux Falls complained to the city (after it went on for 20 years!) to have their flight paths changed. Big difference. Now we just get the swoops and sonic booms of F16's. Which is cool. :D

Actually all those pics are real....ive went to St. Maarten last fall and stayed in a condo maybe like 400 yards from the place these pics are taken. twice a week 747's land here and are roughly 100 feet in the air as they go over the beach. you do get a huge blast of sand in your face after they fly over but the beach is kinda cut into a hill so that its not so bad (hard to tell from pics). there is a bar that is actually right under the edge of the runway called Sunset Beach Bar and the planes fly less than 50 feet over head. Also you can stand along the fence and the jet blast will blow you button down shirt right off your chest. If i can find pics from my trip of this stuff ill post em cause they are great!

Actually all those pics are real....ive went to St. Maarten last fall and stayed in a condo maybe like 400 yards from the place these pics are taken. twice a week 747's land here and are roughly 100 feet in the air as they go over the beach. you do get a huge blast of sand in your face after they fly over but the beach is kinda cut into a hill so that its not so bad (hard to tell from pics). there is a bar that is actually right under the edge of the runway called Sunset Beach Bar and the planes fly less than 50 feet over head. Also you can stand along the fence and the jet blast will blow you button down shirt right off your chest. If i can find pics from my trip of this stuff ill post em cause they are great!

I r pwned.

oh and NOFX...I watched Mythbusters too...and they did get it to flip :P

oh and NOFX...I watched Mythbusters too...and they did get it to flip :P

Did they? I thought they couldn't get it to flip, but they found solid evidence that a car was rolled in one instance. I can't remember, though. However, I think that was the same episode where they had the propeller chop up the fuselage of a nearby plane, THAT was cool...

My first instinct was to call fake as well. But like Mag says, the other people in the image are all looking at it as well. From some of my civil engineering classes and vacations I know that airports are that close to the water.

Flying into Jamaica on my honeymoon was crazy scary. All you could see out the window was water getting closer and closer to the plane as we were landing. The airport is kinda on a point at the end of the island and you didn't see land intil we touched down. Crazy feeling.

There's an airport in Alaska, can't remember which one, we talked about it in one of my classes, that when big planes land, they have to shut down the interstated that runs by one end of the runway and open the gates so that the planes have enough room to land. Cuttin it a little close for my taste.

we have a sign some where on our main road that says low flying planes but they are for personal planes and not those huge commercial planes that's crazy. There's another road by an airport I take get to my college campus... but those planes are neva that close!

think its hong kong, where the pilots get nervous hard turn between two mountain tops and then put her down

ah here it is

http://www.mcnees.org/travelsite/trav_kaitak.htm

I don't get it. Why would they place an airport in a spot where it is hard to land. The last thing I would want is to be in a plane where the pilots are actually nervous. After watching Seconds from Disaster numerous times, I am never flying in a jumbo-jet or anything unless I have a 2 parachutes (in case one doesn't open) strapped to me.

Most of those pics are from St. Maartin Island, my dad was there and recognised the pics.. So I say they are real..

How slow does a jet have to go befor it drops like a Brick?? When a jet is coming in for a landing how fast is it going?? 160mph??

I don't get it. Why would they place an airport in a spot where it is hard to land.

because it's Hong Kong...Hong Kong has such a premium on real estate that there are man-made islands out there just to try to fit more stuff into the city.

I don't get it. Why would they place an airport in a spot where it is hard to land.

because it's Hong Kong...Hong Kong has such a premium on real estate that there are man-made islands out there just to try to fit more stuff into the city.

Is that the place where they man-made an island with an airport? I seen in on the discovery channel I think.

I don't know, I've been to the Paris Air show and those things fly that low to the ground. You can get a big ol' Airbus hauling and pass overhead and it doesn't even bother you. They are amazingly quiet when they aren't at full take off thrust.