To have fun or not to have fun

I wanted to make a mental and physical note to these kind of situations. I started a so called "skill stacking" thread somewhere but it was not related to the NOSCOPE server.

The important thing is that I would not make a big deal of it if it had been a single case. Unfortunately these kind of situations are getting (or always were) more frequent.

My question is that if this belongs to the "fun" feeling or is there any administrative way to regulate situations with skill stacked teams? I know for fact that some admin-mods offer re-grouping of players based on KD ratio monitoring. This would ensure a bit more "fair" teams.

Having unbalanced teams are not uncommon in PUB, however GC enforces teamwork, and also the competition is always there due to the "win 10 round and the map changes" challenge. In such a situation being beaten over 6-7 times in a row is quite flustrating.

To the credit of some players I have to admit that from time-to-time there are players with high skills who are willing to switch sides and balance the teams... Unfortunately they are the minority...

cs_office0002.jpg

<lifts head from pot of boiling pinto beans>

if you're not having fun, you should probably try one of the other servers, or just take a break all together. if you're making a suggestion, like say, to install and use PTBx, then just come out and say it. personally, i've been descensitized to all these screenshots.

<goes back to stirring beans>

For the record, I did leave that game, but it was because I accidentally clicked "connect" when looking at Immutable. The only problem in that game (at least from when I was there) was complete nubbishness from most of the Ts, it had nothing to do with too many good players on CT. When I look at the T side I see a lot of players I've never seen before, and just were not playing in a teamlike fashion even in small areas, let alone across the whole map.

Also I don't know what sim did, when I left I thought he was worse than 1:1 and I thought that was at least halfway through that map.

Periodically people have talked about stacking or one sided matches. Unfortunately they happen, players can switch to try and even teams, several do this very often, other not as much. There's MUCH more to a match than just skill. As mookie said teamwork makes a BIG difference. I've seen a 6-0 match turn around to get 10-8 for the team that was down, simply because someone got the loosing side organized.

As far as looking for some magical solution for the server to regulate skill, there isn't any such thing. There are some programs such as PTB which try to do this. I personally don't believe in them, and they usually result in players getting switched around frequently. Some people don't mind this, many do.

However, this is an old topic that people brought up before, the consensus then and now is that it's up to individual players to make the difference themselves. Losing a match, start talking and get your team organized, you might surprise yourself

This just proves that SIM is a Hax0r!!! lol :laughcry:

Finally found evidence! :peace:

I am like John on this one. I really can understand when a good player is on a terrible playing side and it gets frustrating. However these pics we get use to them. And they don't always tell the story. The T's could have been standing in a corner throwing flash grenades at one another. Or if it was Inferno....shooting the bells. Grrrrr

One night the CT were blown out 7 to 0 and M2 said...lets go for it (he was a CT) Of course we all went for it and had a blast trying to come back.

It is all about fun. If your not having fun, visit another GC server where the game play should be at the best level. Or just ride out that map and learn how to play 1 vs. 11. talk about a skill level lesson.

Well, point is taken.

If the GC management does not believe in the mods balancing skill that's fine too.

For me it's more a personal "morality" issue as somebody good probably would have been able to keep fragging on the other side as well. Usually I just shake my head and switch server when these kind of things happen but this time I noticed that there is no greater than 1 KD ratio on the "T" side at all which tells a lot. Also a screenshot does not tell the story, however I was there and basically Ts were indeed weak but there was no "idiotism" around. When SIM started to clear the corridors with 3-4 headshots within 5-10 sec everything got decided :D

Anyways... old story I get it. No problem.

soldier proceeds.

:D

I truly can understand where this is frustrating. I am sure that if a admin was on, that it would have been a mapchange or something to help the game play...unless the so called "idiotism" was there.

However, GC does like to keep it fair and fun. Sorry for the bad game experience.

Bad map to do a comparison about skill stacking.

cs_office, contrary to what it actually should be, is a CT map... NOT T.

We had this similar discussion before...

Seems it was decided that you can't control the team people play on...

and it's kind of hard to tell people to play on the CT side of a hostie map.

Clearly, no one would choose to do so... however, I'm confident that most

people auto join the teams ...

Best you can do is simply take your licks for this map, it's only 10 rounds.

Whenever someone of Sim's calibre gets on a server it automatically creates a one-sided

match. Thats just the way it is. He's that good. There are people out there like that.

Ever watch him play? If I was him I would get sick and tired of playing 5 rounds as

T then 5 rounds of CT too. He probably chose the automatic difficult side for this map,

decided to stick to it, then had a good game. Look at the ping of the two players right

underneath Sim.651. If you guys could'nt drop those 2 guys you were doing something wrong!

I know I'm not nearly the player Sim is, but I will usually always switch teams if it starts getting one sided. I might not be alot of help to that team once I'm over there, but sometimes it can boost morale enough to see someone come over to help to turn things around.

Look at the ping of the two players right

underneath Sim.651. If you guys could'nt drop those 2 guys you were doing something wrong!

That's not necessarily true. BulletToothTony often comes in with a crap ping. And he kills me all the time. He's a decent player, but the frequency at which I am killed by him (as opposed to me killing him) is skewed compared to the kill/death with everyone else.

Why?

Because I have a < 20 ping. So on my screen, he's skipping all over the place, and I can hardly see to shoot him. By the time I get a decent shot, he's either teleported forward or he's killed me.

Having a high ping player is often a NEGATIVE towards people that have lower pings. It's just one of the dumb ways latency works. You'd think they'd be screwed with ping that high, but it's often the exact opposite.

(edited)

I can agree with Ric0 on the ping thing. The hardcore laggers can be quite tricky to hit. I am by no means the best CS player but I usually always join the harder side of any given map as to attempt to keep teams somewhat even.

On a side note where have ya been lately Ric0? Never see you on at night anymore.

Edited by PYRO

On a side note where have ya been lately Ric0? Never see you on at night anymore.
What cha talkin about? I've been playing every night for the past 2 weeks or so (aside from thursdays). I usually play earlier in the evening (6-9 pm CST). I play alot of party poker now, so once CS starts to frustrate me, it's poker time!

Perhaps some night I'll get on and frag out until the wee hours...

I remember a while back the server used to spam "If you're not having fun, take a break." Most people just get so fired up from losing that they can't play properly. It's amazing how much better you can play if you calm down and have fun.

I agree. People play for different reasons.

Some people have an obcession with getting the high score of the game. Others play to spend time with friends. If at any time you find yourself not having fun, it's time for a change.

I skipped to just comment on the screenie:

-huge turnover in T players...people quitting left and right it seems

-If you're gonna let one guy possess you like that without organize to eliminate him from the equation, then you're gonna lose

-Admin wasn't around so you just gotta grin and bear it.

You'll NEVER change people....and it should even out...

Get your team together.

• 2 weeks later...

***Puts up umbrella, Prepares to deflect tomatoes.***

Some people like to start posts like this by saying "I am not going to bring up any names, but..." I am not one of those people. I think there is one key thing that GC needs to look at in detail on this screenie. But several general observations. No one on the losing side had a ratio >1. All but one on the winning side did. One team can be ahead, but if the K:D stays somewhat even it is usually possible to have fun. People can afford more than just body armor every turn, they come close to winning a few even if they don't pull any off. When the K:D is that skewed it usually means one team is playing with the SAW every round and the other glocks. There is no way anyone is having fun. so since I have outlined that some talent switching sides probably would have helped the game out alittle, I am going to point a finger.

I notice that there was one player in the server with a GC tag on, escape plan. I also noticed he ended with a 10:1 ratio. Everyone knows if you are .GC and any good at all you are supposed to start switching at 5. This is not a rule, but it has been agreed upon in many posts. Maybe he miraculously knocked out half the opponents the last two round, but I doubt it. My guess is he was sitting on 16k and could have easily switched teams without having to downgrade to a pistol or smg for afew rnds(except when I am in a suicidal mood this is what takes the fun out of the game for me.) The fire power he could have brought to the other side would have been helpful. sometimes buying a few m4s for other people is enough to turn the game around. He was definitely in a position to help the other team and as a GC member had a responsibility to do so.

That is the real problem, strong community members(people who post in here more than alot of the GC people) and GC people don't switch up like they should. No one should have to ask.

**looks at umbrella, sees it is covered in tomato juice, feels tired from deflecting steps back from the podium and retreats behind the curtain**

To the post above and to this thread in general. These are getting sooooo old!!!

There is no "agreed upon" time at which you are "supposed" to switch teams. No matter what your tag is.

Is it cool if you do? Yup.

This is a game where people have fun in diff ways.

If you want, you can join the same side every single time you play, cuz you like a certain gun. You can play with an awp every single time if you want, or a deagle, or a p90..doesnt matter.

What you CANT do, is join late and purposely stack a team.

If its T's 1, CTs 5 with a 10-10 team setup....well, if I see ya join CT there, Im gonna switch ya, and I know other admins will just kick ya.

Sim destroyed your entire team. I know sim: Thats office so he was awping long hall and mid-to-window.

Smoke him,nade him, split rush him, he's dead. Problem solved, no stack visible, move on.

As far as skill-stacked..yup, sometimes it happens.

Sometimes, I can be on the pwned side 2 times in a row, and if Im owning next map, you BET Im gonna ride that thing out! Im gonna buy an awp to replace the deagle and smgs Ive been using for 2 maps and destroy as many as I possibly can!

Bottom line: sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes you win or lose by a BIG margin.

Sometimes, I can be on the pwned side 2 times in a row,

happened to me yesterday and was getting old fast then next map the map finished 6-10 my team losing again

Sometimes, I can be on the pwned side 2 times in a row,

happened to me yesterday and was getting old fast then next map the map finished 6-10 my team losing again

not sure what your saying or what was worth posting?

You lost twice in CSS? Once by a 10-6 lead?

Um, alert the news media?

Seriously though, 10-6 sounds like a regular day in counter strike to me

And if 10-6 deserves a post in this, another stacking thread, then its time to close it.