Counting my blessings.....

Fatty

My neighbor was cutting down a couple trees today.

All I can say is that the fence can be fixed......

Note the drawings on the ground where the kids were earlier....

oops1.jpg

oops2.jpg

Missed the house (and our new shingles), and everything else....very fortunate for all.

Thanking God atm.

I was downstairs and heard a big crash.....then, as an experience parent...paused to listen for the crying.

Nothing, so I ran upstairs....to find that the noise was not IN the house.

GC Founder

I am too busy being thankful to care about what-ifs and why-fors. The look on his face when I came out the back door needed no additional grieving.

I said one thing: "The fence can be fixed."

Maybe their dog will come over and eat my dog now, though...could be another blessing on the way.

GC Founder

Glad you guys are mad at him for me. Strange, I was never in the least bit upset, and I'm still not. He'll take care of fixing things up.

Now, when the dog crapped under my chair in my office and I rolled the wheels over it and ground it into the carpet and up around the roller....you could have seen mad.....insane mad....

Glad you guys are mad at him for me. Strange, I was never in the least bit upset, and I'm still not. He'll take care of fixing things up.

Now, when the dog crapped under my chair in my office and I rolled the wheels over it and ground it into the carpet and up around the roller....you could have seen mad.....insane mad....

ewwwww!!!!

I find it's interesting how you didn't get mad Fatty. If that tree fell on my fence, I'd be thinking, "boy, that guy must feel like idiot right now". I guess I'd feel sorry for him. Then, I'd make him pay for the fence repair.

GC Founder

Some of ya'll just must not like your neighbors. :) I was just out there with him as he's nailing boards up. He apologized again as I was on my way in....and I said, "Forget it. Rest tonight knowing that it was just a fence."

I actually feel bad because I can't find the stain I used on that fence a couple years ago. Would make that part much easier...

GC Founder

Oh wait...forgot to tell you....lol, just reread and I left this out.

He's an electrician. He did some work for a guy that got expensive so they traded favors. This other guy is a sheriff who "cut down trees for 5 years with parks and rec."

Neighbor and I laughed tonight (well, rollled out eyes)...cause when I first came out the guy was taking about wind.

It was almost comical...cause he's talking about wind, and we're all 3 standing there....and maybe, maybe there was a leaf moving somewhere on the block. I mean, you couldn't fly a kite and he's talking about a gust of wind. LOL.

People say funny things when they screw up.

wow... I can't believe someone would just chop down a tree of that size like that... just started to hack at the bottom?? I like my neighbors...

I'd give him a lumbjacks for dummies guide. or we can build a time machine and tilt that tree towards his car... not to destory it thought.... but all those nice branches won't do any good for the paint job.

Fatty i would have chewed him out for that. I'm not a lumberjack but even i know that when ur cutting down a tree, especially in a neighbourhood, you start from the top and work your way down. Not take the easy way out. And for the record, we know what side he was cutting on if the tree gave way into your back yard. Maybe it was on purpose so that he wouldn't have to clean up the mess. I say u make him do it.

I didn't touch a thing.....they cleaned up..fence is nearly done.

What good would it do to chew him out?

true, if you did chew him out then chances are he would have taken more time to fix everything, and you guys would be enemies

And here I was thinking, I need to cut down that Cedar tree in my backyard this weekend. Hmm maybe I'll just leave it be. :D

On second thought, that baby's comin down this weekend. :peace:

Glad noone was hurt there fatty.

I have felled many a tree up at my cabin and it should be noted that sometimes even with very careful planning and execution, a tree falls strangely. Good thing for me is that in the woods the worst that can happen is it falls and mushes a tree that you wanted to keep. Well unless it crushes you or something.

That being said, I am thankful that only a fence was damaged and that your kiddies are in good working order fats. Hug em twice tonight. Well it is late, so maybe tomorrow. Sneaking into their rooms at 2am is a little odd.

ROFL!!!!

I personally can't stand my neighbours sometimes...I get all fired up but usually go into my basement and yell at the wall for a while, then go outside and act like nothing is wrong...

My neighbour put his christmas tree on the curb the day AFTER the collection and just left it there for a month...almost everyday when I got home from work it had been blown into my driveway...he also has some silly berry producing plant on the side of his house which birds seem to love, and they crap all over the side of my car...he also leaves this giant white light on in his basement all the time, which goes right into my basement window and keeps me up at night...his hose leaks (because he doesn't bother to turn off his water in the winter) and it's slowly eroding the earth wall that keeps his front lawn off of my driveway...and thats just the neighbour to the south...i won't start with my neighbours to the north!