Save your money guys

JackieChan

GC Alumni
(edited)

PS3 will cost ya 600 jr bacon cheese burgers.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/705/705838p1.html

The 60 gigabyte system will be open ended and set by retailers. North America, Europe and Australasia will see the system six days later on November 17th. The price? $499 dollars or 499 Euros for the 20 gig version, and $599 dollars or 599 Euros for the 60 gig version. In Canadian dollars, that will come to approximately $549 dollars for the 20 gig and $659 dollars for the 60 gig version.
Edited by JackieChan

(edited)

Save my money for a PS3? Heck no. I'm not really a console guy, as I love my PC, so the only console I might be sinking my money in is the Wii. Then I'll use the extra money I save on actually affording games.

Edited by cobaltgrc

(edited)

There is a FuncoLand in Cherry Grove Plaza on Beechmont ave. here in Cincinnati...

So I guess the new PlayStation isnt gonna be the White Trash console of choice anymore..

Edited by Batman

Im buying 3 or 4 on my credit card pre-release. Selling all but one on ebay, heck the worst I could do is break even. I was always a PC fan and I still haven't bought the 360 because of PS3, but... Im now switching over to console.

I hate to break the news flash to you, but when our consoles, have 7 cell processors, 60 gig hard drives, completely setup for gaming, graphics cards our high end PCs have, butloads of ram, HDMI outputs and we have 60" widescreen high defintion TVs. It stomps the PC into the ground every way possible, but one. The only advantage I see with PC gaming now is a keyboard and mouse for FPS games. Other than that what possible advantage does a PC gaming have now?

The console just blew right past PC gaming... but give it a few years and those 7 cell processors may not be up to par, but giving the rate of technology advances and moore's law finally biting the dust, I'd put money on a PS3

I hate to break the news flash to you, but when our consoles, have 7 cell processors, 60 gig hard drives, completely setup for gaming, graphics cards our high end PCs have, butloads of ram, HDMI outputs and we have 60" widescreen high defintion TVs. It stomps the PC into the ground every way possible, but one. The only advantage I see with PC gaming now is a keyboard and mouse for FPS games. Other than that what possible advantage does a PC gaming have now?

Price?

That TV alone is more expensive than a brand new top of the line computer, not to mention that you still need a PS3 and games, which are going to cost 20+ dollars more each than the same PC games.

A 60 gig hardrive is nothing compared to what is on PCs today for much cheaper, apparently the difference between 20 and 60 gigs is 100 dollars.

There is no way to upgrade a console. In a few years if not less, PC graphics will look MUCH better than anything the PS3 can do. Just like with every other console ever released.

And about the keyboard and mouse for FPS, have you ever tried playing an RTS on a console?

(edited)
Price?

That TV alone is more expensive than a brand new top of the line computer, not to mention that you still need a PS3 and games, which are going to cost 20+ dollars more each than the same PC games.

A 60 gig hardrive is nothing compared to what is on PCs today for much cheaper, apparently the difference between 20 and 60 gigs is 100 dollars.

There is no way to upgrade a console. In a few years if not less, PC graphics will look MUCH better than anything the PS3 can do. Just like with every other console ever released.

And about the keyboard and mouse for FPS, have you ever tried playing an RTS on a console?

true but correct me if Im wrong, up until this point, wasn't PC gaming the more expensive hobby? we wanted the best gameplay experience so we went with the better toy. We bought big monitors, fast computers, lots of RAM and expensive video cards to get the best game play experience. So if your a game enthusist, whats to hold you back from buy the better more expensive toy? You don't need a 60" HD TV, but playing it on an old TV is like playing a PC game on a old TV. The $100 bucks buys you wireless network, HDMI output, a 60 gig HD and a card reader that can go between PC and the console. I don't know a RTS is, but I do know I like a keyboard and mouse better than a controller on pretty much everything.

A 7 cell processor, motherboard, high end video card, RAM, 60 gig HD, wireless card, power supply, case, keyboard and mouse will cost alot more than $599

Edited by NOFX

PC Gaming is still going to be the more expensive hobby. RTS is Real Time Strategy, games like Warcraft and Starcraft and Empire Earth. The consoles are becoming less like seperate gaming machines and more like computers every day. It is now basically a media center pc that also plays game awesomely. The RSX video chip in the PS3 is pretty cool and the Cell processor is nothing short of amazing. For that amount of money thought you could buy a decent computer that you could play games on AND do work on. Nothing about the Living Room entertainment market as I will call it is customizable. The option to add a larger hard drive is not that much of a customization. You can't change video cards, motherboards, processors, or memory. Upgrading is a huge factor too. Look at the PS2 for instance. FIVE YEARS OLD! In two years when the games look like crap on my 7900GTX 512MB I will buy a second one and put it in SLI. When your PS3 looks like crap in 2 years...oh well.

(edited)

Console gaming is becoming more expensive now because, before the Xbox, people didn't care as much about HD televisions. Now with the 360 and PS3 pushing HD gaming out the wazoo gamers feel more of a need to have expensive High Def TVs. Not to mention prices are getting higher for the consoles and the games. New, GOOD (not budget), PC games are $50, any new Xbox360 game is $60, and it's said that PS3 games are going to be $70. Even at $599 Sony is losing money on each console sold.

PC gaming was, and depending on how dedicated you are, still is the more expensive hobby. The PS2 was released in late 2000 and cost $300. ATI released the first Radeon in 2000, it cost $350 and Nvidia released the Geforce 2 which was around $300. Think about how many graphics cards have come out since the original Radeon. Think about how many people out there upgrade there graphics cards every time something new comes along. That's thousands and thousands of dollars only on graphics cards right there. Even people who just want to stay somewhat up to date, I know people that are still using Radeon 9x00s or Geforce 5x00s, you still have to buy a graphics card once every year or two years. This is one of the reasons owning a PC has been more expensive, we have the option of buying 100s of hardware items per year where's a console owner just buys the system and thats all the hardware they need (unless they want more controllers, memory sticks, steering wheels, ect).

Now there's all sorts of hard drives, network adapters, thousand dollar HD TVs (yes, you don't need an HD TV but Xbox 360 and PS3 game developers make their games for HD and scale them down to be lower quality for non HD), more expensive games, online services, "bonus" content for console gamers to waste their money on. You can go ahead and buy the more fancy more expensive gaming system but in time the PC will pass it. It always does. Computer parts aren't getting more expensive, when a new one comes out every other month the price of the old parts drop. Consoles on the other hand are getting more expensive. At this rate the PS4 or PS5 will cost about as much as a good computer. The PS3 already costs more than a cheaper computer, but I know the cheaper computer is not nearly as powerful graphics wise.

Edit: Now that I wrote this big long stupid post other people posted before me. :D

Edited by VooDooPC

(edited)
it makes me happy that i got a xbox360... instead of waiting for the ps3

Stop Trolling!!! You just had to rub it in... Im a Nintendo FanBoy, Ill never own a Xbox or PS..

OH Goofus Maximus, I believe the average life of a console is 5 yrs.. Thats really better than the average PC life..

Edited by Batman