Just picked this up

wayfarer

I just picked up a copy of WOW and I'm looking at starting

in the next couple of days or so. Any tips or suggestions?

Any clans available to take me under they're wing? (only

if it is impossible for me to survive on my own) Do we (GC)

have a clan? Thank-You in advance.

any suggestions?

walk, no run, no swim back to the store you got it from and kindly demand a refund. tell them you had a momentary lapse. you've since realized that you're ONLY a cs:s player.

come back way, come back to the light.

GC Alumni
(edited)

I don't get was so big about WoW. I gave it not one, not two, not three, but four tries to impress me. First time failed, second time failed, third time failed, fourth time I bought Guild Wars Factions instead.

Play CSS instead.

Edited by JackieChan

(edited)

WE ARE THE GC, WE WILL ADD YOUR BIOLAGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DINSTINCTIVNESS TO OUR OWN. YOU WILL BE ASSIMULATED ONLY FOR--- CSS--- NOT--- WOW.

RESISTENCE IS FUTILE......

Edited by Primus

I was on Mayhem last night, and I was on Recrud earlier

this afternoon. I have installed WOW, but I have not started playing

yet. I was looking for a little advice, but the above posts make me feel

like I'm about to try smoking for the first time, LOL!

Advice... *Thinks*... If you see some big dragon and a huge pile of bodies... Attack! It's probably an extremely rare monster with uber leet drops! :luxhello:

MMORPG girls are scary... Be careful, use caution. Handle with care.

If you are with a group and you get attacked by a strong monster... And all your friends are dieing.. RUN!!! Don't let their deaths be in vain!

FFXI had a warning message every time you started the game saying "Don't forget your family, friends, or work." WoW doesnt... So be careful.

Making a short character doesn't mean the enemy will miss more.

Other than that.. i never played WoW so can't help you there. :)

I was on Mayhem last night, and I was on Recrud earlier

this afternoon. I have installed WOW, but I have not started playing

yet. I was looking for a little advice, but the above posts make me feel

like I'm about to try smoking for the first time, LOL!

WoW is a adictive game if you want to be the best geared player you can possibly be. However it can also be fun to play a couple hours here or there. Like MMO's its much more fun when you have real life friends to play with. If you want to do instances (which is pretty much where you will get the best equipement/weapons) you need to play for 3 to 5 hours at a time. WoW does have a lot of fun quests you can solo, but once you get to level 60 you can either start pvp'ing or start doing end game dungeons, which can be a time consuming.

I played 4 or 5 nights a week raiding a few months ago, and had to step back and only raid a couple nights a week, which works much better for me. I recommend picking a RP-PVE server as they tend to have less leet speak kids, however it still occurs on all servers. Pick a PvP server if you want to compete with other players while you level. Also check the status. You want to pick one that is new, or low population, unless you have a server with friends on it already.

Was waiting for linch to chim in, he's lost forever...

qft :(

Hey it's fun game with a lot of content. :blink: People just have to have common sense to know when a game (even CS) is interferring with real life things like job, family, friends.

If you want to avoid guilds (that's what it sounds like) I'd suggest a PvE realm. You can still participate in PvP on such realms if you choose to, but it keeps you from getting ganked when you solo throughout the realm, a great way to experience a wide spectrum of the server without getting frustrated or needing groups.

The great thing about it is, if you hit level 60 and don't want to join one of those end-game instance guilds that run instances every night at 5 hour a clip, you can just create a new character from a different race / class...even play the opposing faction! You're not stuck with your high-level character, though you can still play that character as you please if you get into that kind of thing (Don't!) Nobody ever considers that, though...it seems every WoW addict only talks about endgame content and pirate suits and the like.

If you want to avoid guilds (that's what it sounds like) I'd suggest a PvE realm. You can still participate in PvP on such realms if you choose to, but it keeps you from getting ganked when you solo throughout the realm, a great way to experience a wide spectrum of the server without getting frustrated or needing groups.

The great thing about it is, if you hit level 60 and don't want to join one of those end-game instance guilds that run instances every night at 5 hour a clip, you can just create a new character from a different race / class...even play the opposing faction! You're not stuck with your high-level character, though you can still play that character as you please if you get into that kind of thing (Don't!) Nobody ever considers that, though...it seems every WoW addict only talks about endgame content and pirate suits and the like.

as great as that sounds thats a deffinint NO for you war... PVP is the game.. not pve .. who cares if you get ganked.. get a guild join a grp and gank.. you be in the gank grp ..

PVP is the soul reason people play.. well thats why i play atleast

;);)

I liked the game a great deal in PvE. Kinda got borring after I got into a grind routine. I tried PvP...it was different, but when I want to play, I want to play, not wait a few hours for a gank party to evac my lvling area <shrug>

I gave it up when I realized that I cant do the guild thing, I dont have the patience nor the free time to devote to a guild...therefore its next to impossible to get the high end equipment without joining random instance parties...icky.

Just not for me.

• 2 weeks later...