So I'm sending the wife and kids on vacation

MrDuke

*wipes tear*

I just don't know how I'll survive.

Should I go for the 16 hour record over the weekend, through the week or both?

And what night should I have the poker tournies? Tues, Friday, or both?

And why is a stripper pole being delivered by UPS? Who authorized that??

And who ordered 20 lbs of ribs with the slow cook sauce??

And why did I receive an authorization to take 5 days off of work?!?!

And sweet scooby, who ordered the NFL ticket for my house??!

I don't know what's going on here... but me likey!!

Every now and then, I smile when my wife goes out of town. I feel guilty, but when I sit back and think about how happy she is that she doesn't have to sit here and watch 8 hours of football, I don't feel as bad.

Enjoy your night Duke - just don't let the wife know how much you enjoyed it. :)

Not 1 night, 8 ni, ni, ni, nights. I'm still in shock.

M2 get's the spare bedroom. I've still got 4 couches and 2 kids beds available.

I don't keep Mag's at my house. It might create... problems... if the wife happens to stumble upon him. She was uber mad the last time she came across my subject.

DUDE...KITCHEN PASS!!

Nightly Menu:

5-5-5 Deal from Domino's

Seasame Chicken with Egg Roll with Friend Rice from fav chineese takeout

2 Fillet Mingon (sp) from Colorado Steaks

4 Ears of Local Sweet Corn and a hamburger

TEH NEVER ENDING PASTA BOWL from Z Olive Garden!!!

Chicken Fried Steak with Mash Tatoes, Milk Gravy and Corn at Chillies

2 Cans of Ensure

2 More Cans of Ensure

Beverage of choice:

Two 24 packs of Diet MtDew (all the taste, none of the calories)

And

Tomato Beer (or your favorite beer)

Sell blood on night 7 and plasma on the mourning of the 8th day to gain back the money spent on food!!

In the mean time....play CS till your hands hurt, watch a movie, eat, play more CS, sleep and/or use the restroom...rinse and repeat until day 7....at which point you need to clean the house, do chorse and then play CS until wife and kids walk in the door and say

"Man I was so bored without you, I missed you so much...say, you guys up for Pizza?!"

DUDE...KITCHEN PASS!!

Nightly Menu:

5-5-5 Deal from Domino's

Seasame Chicken with Egg Roll with Friend Rice from fav chineese takeout

2 Fillet Mingon (sp) from Colorado Steaks

4 Ears of Local Sweet Corn and a hamburger

TEH NEVER ENDING PASTA BOWL from Z Olive Garden!!!

Chicken Fried Steak with Mash Tatoes, Milk Gravy and Corn at Chillies

2 Cans of Ensure

2 More Cans of Ensure

Beverage of choice:

Two 24 packs of Diet MtDew (all the taste, none of the calories)

And

Tomato Beer (or your favorite beer)

Sell blood on night 7 and plasma on the mourning of the 8th day to gain back the money spent on food!!

In the mean time....play CS till your hands hurt, watch a movie, eat, play more CS, sleep and/or use the restroom...rinse and repeat until day 7....at which point you need to clean the house, do chorse and then play CS until wife and kids walk in the door and say

"Man I was so bored without you, I missed you so much...say, you guys up for Pizza?!"

:lol2::lol2: yea...what he said!

I swear someone up above is out to get me.

Nukem came down with a fever yesterday which complicates things considerably because of Danielle. So the wife says to me, "We might have to cancel our trip".

Remember the scene in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels where Steve Martin is in the wheelchair getting his shins whipped all while keeping a straight face?? That, x2.

:bang:

*edit

Wife said fever is under control w/ Motrin and he seems to be back to his old self.

SHIP 'EM!!!!

Sat: Went to Bub's to watch the OSU game. Crashed there.

Sun: Did just enough work on finishing the basement to keep the wife from wondering if I kept busy. Grilled from 12 to 1, found remote, watched football, napped, played CS, answered wife's phone call ("sorry, too busy to talk"), watched football, napped and played CS.

Crashed @ 1:30 a.m.

Mon: Working until 6. My buddy called and canceled poker (lots o sick people)... bummer. Plan B went into effect; I'm going to the bar at 7 with some friends to watch football. Legends in Green for all you locals who want to show up.

The bar called. They said they can't find the remote to their TV and asked if my wife was around.

I said, "No! You can't ask the wife!! Have you no pride?!?!" That question shakes the very foundation of man-law, similar to asking another man how to pack a cooler full of beer.

Change of plans-- Go to BestBuy to buy new TV (with new remote) at 7 and be at the bar by 7:30.

Sat: Went to Bub's to watch the OSU game. Crashed there.

Sun: Did just enough work on finishing the basement to keep the wife from wondering if I kept busy. Grilled from 12 to 1, found remote, watched football, napped, played CS, answered wife's phone call ("sorry, too busy to talk"), watched football, napped and played CS.

Crashed @ 1:30 a.m.

Mon: Working until 6. My buddy called and canceled poker (lots o sick people)... bummer. Plan B went into effect; I'm going to the bar at 7 with some friends to watch football. Legends in Green for all you locals who want to show up.

The bar called. They said they can't find the remote to their TV and asked if my wife was around.

I said, "No! You can't ask the wife!! Have you no pride?!?!" That question shakes the very foundation of man-law, similar to asking another man how to pack a cooler full of beer.

Change of plans-- Go to BestBuy to buy new TV (with new remote) at 7 and be at the bar by 7:30.

ROFL!!

Should have told me Sat night, I have a whole bucket full of remotes on my side table. Maybe one of them will work?

SIDE NOTE: (picture bub sitting at his work desk with a thought bubble over his head):

"I wonder if its really that smart for Duke to be posting this in the PUBLIC forums where his wife could see it? Especially considering I just saw her sign onto aim"

NEXT FRAME: (picture of bub on the phone laughing with speech bubble)

"Yeah, Mrs. Duke, you might wanna take a look at this."

LAST FRAME: (picture of bub with evil grin)