New Money Market for CS:S

akaM2

http://www.steampowered.com/stats/csmarket/

DYNAMIC WEAPON PRICING

The cost of weapons and equipment that you purchase in Counter-Strike: Source are now based on an algorithm that calculates the global market demand for various weapons. As more people purchase a certain weapon, the price will rise and other weapons will become less expensive.

Starting October 11th, the prices you pay for weapons in Counter-Strike: Source will be updated each week based on the volume of purchases over the previous week.

Thoughts?

Sounds like an ok idea, but hurts people like myself, I know what I can buy first round, like 1 nade 1 flash a kit and 2 clips for my usp, with this its going to change every week, interesting idea, but i dont like it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this like the time they announced you'd have to press a button to clean your gun or risk it jamming?

That wouldnt be fun :boo:

But the pricing idea sounds alright... less awps=smaller chimp mortality rate :biglaugha:

Which is asuming people will buy it a lot so it will become spensive, then they wont be able to buy a lot.

Edited by Chimmpp

Oh dear lord, I dont want to pay 13,000 for an AK.

Thats a good point. There is a ton of people who use the AWP, AK, and M4. I was hoping they would only do the availability of the weapon on that server only, not globaly.

These 2 months of no CS has made me really see CS:S as a game going downhill fast.

Edited by {GpL}TheGeek998

pubbing is one thing...can you all imagine what this will do to competetive play?!?

All the buy strats you had last week, garbage. You wont even know what weapons are affordable until that monday.. Absolutely ridiculous.

How about when it shifts? Like for some reason, the M4 is cheap one weak while the AK is uber expensive! ...You think some of the maps are unbalanced now?! Wait till all ONE team can afford is a smg!

Garbage water...

pubbing is one thing...can you all imagine what this will do to competetive play?!?

All the buy strats you had last week, garbage. You wont even know what weapons are affordable until that monday.. Absolutely ridiculous.

How about when it shifts? Like for some reason, the M4 is cheap one weak while the AK is uber expensive! ...You think some of the maps are unbalanced now?! Wait till all ONE team can afford is a smg!

Garbage water...

Good point. This will not help out those unbalanced maps. Can you imagine being a t on aztec if that day the ak was 10k?!? :o

me no likey makes it hard to work strats and plan means every weak and before matches ur gunna have to work out new strats ewww. plus if steam is making this up date thn im shure its not gunna work

I think its okay. You guys are making it out like its over 1000$ of a difference, but in most cases its 100$ or less, and thats not very much money. This is going to encourage more unique approaches to gunplay - especially in the competative bracket. all the teams that 'know how to shoot an m4' arent going to be as powerful. a SMART team can use any gun in the game to win.

The worst change on the list is to the m4, and thats 290$. almost a 10% change. Definitely going to alter gameplay and make people rethink, but i dont think its so out of control that no one will buy it.

Of course i could just be biased because all of my favorite weapons happen to be the ones that no one else buys, but that doesnt mean my argument holds any less water :P

I think its okay. You guys are making it out like its over 1000$ of a difference, but in most cases its 100$ or less, and thats not very much money. This is going to encourage more unique approaches to gunplay - especially in the competative bracket. all the teams that 'know how to shoot an m4' arent going to be as powerful. a SMART team can use any gun in the game to win.

The worst change on the list is to the m4, and thats 290$. almost a 10% change. Definitely going to alter gameplay and make people rethink, but i dont think its so out of control that no one will buy it.

Of course i could just be biased because all of my favorite weapons happen to be the ones that no one else buys, but that doesnt mean my argument holds any less water :P

The worst change on the list is the deagle. The price will jump 43% (from $650 to $930), which will make it impossible to use in the pistol round.

I think that we need to see just how much this update actually affects gameplay before we say that Valve should be shot for this. This could be an interesting addition to the gameplay. That said, I hope Valve will include a cvar to turn this off for competitive matches. It's unfair to expect teams to change their strats every week to reflect the price changes.

it effects alot when they make the deagle over 900 dollars without any ammo, no longer can you buy it first round, just maybe 2nd if you loose but you would be wasting alot of money on 1 pistol

The main thing is that sure you have to think up new strats but as soon as you think those up, it will change the next week or 2 weeks later to where you cant afford it anymore.

Pistol round, aka 1st round, is the most important round in competitive play if you loose that, you loose the next 2 rounds because you have to save.

it effects alot when they make the deagle over 900 dollars without any ammo, no longer can you buy it first round, just maybe 2nd if you loose but you would be wasting alot of money on 1 pistol

The main thing is that sure you have to think up new strats but as soon as you think those up, it will change the next week or 2 weeks later to where you cant afford it anymore.

Pistol round, aka 1st round, is the most important round in competitive play if you loose that, you loose the next 2 rounds because you have to save.

well, about it changing every round, i think thats a positive thing - and 90% of the gun changes wont be over 100$, so as i said earlier, it really isn't that much. There are a few larger ones.

About the deagle, i have a major beef with it being pretty much the best pistol in the game, so i think the price should go up. I think it will balance the game out more. Hardly anyone uses the 228 or the other 'non-default' pistols because the deagle trumps them all. I believe the price change is warrented.

Is this like the time they announced you'd have to press a button to clean your gun or risk it jamming?

That wouldnt be fun :boo:

But the pricing idea sounds alright... less awps=smaller chimp mortality rate :biglaugha:

Which is asuming people will buy it a lot so it will become spensive, then they wont be able to buy a lot.

Price of awp went down (not much, but still, it went down).