New Money Market for CS:S

akaM2

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DYNAMIC WEAPON PRICING

The cost of weapons and equipment that you purchase in Counter-Strike: Source are now based on an algorithm that calculates the global market demand for various weapons. As more people purchase a certain weapon, the price will rise and other weapons will become less expensive.

Starting October 11th, the prices you pay for weapons in Counter-Strike: Source will be updated every Monday based on the volume of purchases over the previous week.

Starts in about 3 weeks

Edited by meherdmann

I love the idea of dynamic pricing, in the pub atmosphere only of course, would be silly to force this onto the competitive circles. I'd love to see this on our servers but it will definitely require some kind of process never before seen in North America...I'll call it demokraxy

I love the idea of dynamic pricing, in the pub atmosphere only of course, would be silly to force this onto the competitive circles. I'd love to see this on our servers but it will definitely require some kind of process never before seen in North America...I'll call it demokraxy

I would like to see this enabled too, at least to start with. This is potentially very interesting for pubs. Should be fun.

More famases on the map then ever before.. im giddy with excitement.

Oh you didn't hear...they scrapped the famas...it's about time...

Not quite true!

What actually happened is that a large freight ship was carrying a major supply of Famas' from the mfg plant across the water to the US to be used against those evil Terrorists by our heroic anti-Terrorism urban assault squads.

Unfortunatlely, a large Tsunami wave came clear across the ocean in a strange fluke of nature, capsizing and sinking the freighter of Famas.

Due to this the current supply/demand market is incredibly skewed for Famas in particular. Its current retail pricing is jsut over 14000.

However!! The US gov, not to be outdone, has compensated our heroes' arsenal in dramatic ways. They are giving out, as standard CT issue, a pump shotty with a full box accompanying buckshot, for only $300 !!

Also, included with the box of buckshot is the standard Valve-issue 10x scope!! This helps when your using the buckshot-shotty when sniping someones head for 200 dmg from 200+ yds away!

More famases on the map then ever before.. im giddy with excitement.

Oh you didn't hear...they scrapped the famas...it's about time...

Not quite true!

What actually happened is that a large freight ship was carrying a major supply of Famas' from the mfg plant across the water to the US to be used against those evil Terrorists by our heroic anti-Terrorism urban assault squads.

Unfortunatlely, a large Tsunami wave came clear across the ocean in a strange fluke of nature, capsizing and sinking the freighter of Famas.

Due to this the current supply/demand market is incredibly skewed for Famas in particular. Its current retail pricing is jsut over 14000.

However!! The US gov, not to be outdone, has compensated our heroes' arsenal in dramatic ways. They are giving out, as standard CT issue, a pump shotty with a full box accompanying buckshot, for only $300 !!

Also, included with the box of buckshot is the standard Valve-issue 10x scope!! This helps when your using the buckshot-shotty when sniping someones head for 200 dmg from 200+ yds away!

LOL!! Sniper shottie ftw! Nice.

I love the idea. The desert eagle SHOULD be way overpriced because it's WAY over used. An actual .50 slug from a pistol will NOT go through body armor, even at point blank. It just won't. The bullet is big and slow. Flesh it will tear apart, body armor, no.

Also, a desert eagle is not accurate at 300 yards.

Finally: it will encourage people to use different guns. This is a good thing because it will vary up the game play a bit. I'm sick of everyone using the same gun all the time. I will, however, be depressed if the price on me p228 goes up....

Regional pricing might have been fun....

As for shaking up strats, it should shake them up. Real strats in real warfare can't be over-used because enemies adapt and REAL pricing changes based on purchases on a global scale. Yes, it's just a game, but why not add another element of realism into the mix?

I just wish there weren't so many scopeless servers out there so that you awp-addicts could finally start using other guns! (you know who you are!) :-)

Am I the only one that thinks ammo shouldn't cost as much as it does? I mean $50 for 8 rounds of shotty ammo?!

I can go to Wal-Mart and by 100 rounds for $15! lol :biglaugha: (seriously)

As for the weapon pricing I think that is a good idea to shake things up a bit. Just wondering, is there a cap as to the maximum price for the guns? :unsure:

Anyhoo, we shouldn't be afraid of change. :D

:spin2::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::wavey::wavey::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::spin2:

Depends on what type of ammo.

The P228 is the only gun I think that uses .357. So it's price would go down with the P228. I think the Glock and the MP5 both use 9mm. Which would increase the price of a Glock because people buy the MP5. The UMP price would go up because people buy USPs.