just in case not everyone knew already

Laz.e.rus

(edited)

2142 looks pretty :smillie_smilling:

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a perdicament Im in... if I pre-order from bestbuy, I get an unlock that is only available if you pre-order it at bestbuy. But, if I pre-order from EBgames, I get a free promotion, so which one should I do?

Edited by Chimmpp

with both you get a gun unlock. you will more than likely get unlock (from best buy) anyway since it's in the game.

go with rank. unlock comes with it.

But you don't get the gun, I forget which gun but's it basically a Bf2142 version of a BF2 unlock. Oh, and only Best Buy has unlock, EB has rank upgrade, and if you're doing the BF2 veterans thing they have up on their homepage, you can get a rank upgrade when BF2142 comes out.

(edited)

If you get it at Bestbuy, you get a new and improved Scar rifle, which is only available if you get it at Bestbuy.

Ebgames gives you a rank, which in turn, gives you an upgrade of your choice, but the Scar wont be one of them.

P.S.- Does anyone have problems with the demo? I installed it and everything, but when I go to play it, it says something is missing. I already reinstalled three times too.

Edited by Chimmpp

d/ling it now :D

I don't understand how Best Buy ONLY can give you a weapon that is used all over the world. Some how that gun has to be in the game. I know that Best Buy's are not all over the planet.

How is a player in Australia going to get this Scar rifle? I would be upset if it was only allowed to American players.

DL'd and played...wow...since I play UT all the time, this game is confusing as heck!

If anyone is familiar with the franchise, I could use some advice...heh.

Graphics aren't bad, but max resolution for the Demo is 1280 x 960...

my monitor native res is 1680 x 1050.

Hmm...full version will be better.

just finished playing the game....its alright. I like BF2 and CSS better.

Feels really really boxy (if that is a word)

I just left a Full server....the game play wasn't fluid like others. Of course it is new and it will grow on people. I won't be buying this game in the near future.

Gonna stick to BF2 and CSS.

I hate the fact you can't bind mouse buttons for movement.

Same. That's probably a bug in the demo. SO many people use the mouse for movement (forward/back/etc).

BF2 had the same exact issue. I installed it, noticed it would unbind my mouse button if I has S as my walk backward key, uninstalled it, and never touched it since.

Although I'm not sloppy with the WASD keys, I prefer my own style because it requires as little finger movement as possible.

Anywho, the game felt like any other BF game. Felt a little like Americas Army (really dislike that game), but it was a bit more fast paced that that, which is good. Then, the lag hit me. I turn, 3 seconds later, my guy turns. I said to myself, "nuts to this" and quit. Sure sure... I guess it was the server's fault, but I'm not willing to play it to prove it.

Left it download overnight because it was going at like 30k/s. Internet screwed up somewhere along the line and it stopped at 89%. Just shwell.

I downloaded the game via Bittorrent. I can never trust downloading through an internet browser for big files. Your internet screws up, you have to download it all over again.