***WEAPON PRICING POLL***

stutters

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Instago
Guest Instago
Guest Instago
Guests

I really enjoy the new pricing. It makes playing with updated prices just a little bit more interesting. Weapons now have prices that accurately reflect their power. Also, I see a larger variety of weapons being used in place of the standard AK47/ colt with desert eagle. I've been playing CSS for awhile now, pre-source/ steam (I can't remember the version). I enjoy the new changes very much.

About 1/3 of the voters enjoy DWP, so I think it would be fair for one of the three stock servers to have DWP enabled. I suggest that at least one server is kept with DWP on, while the others have it off. Though I'm not sure which server people would rather have DWP on at. Midwest may be a good choice, so us easterners and westerners that enjoy the new pricing system can play without worrying much about latency troubles. As it stands now, easterners that enjoy DWP on GC servers have less than desirable latencies on West.

Edit: Actually, if it is decided to have one server with DWP on, then a new vote should be started as to which server it should be on.

Edited by Instago

todays updates

m4 4912

ak 3974

Deagle 3800 (!)

awp 4728

armor+helm 1790

he 342

Yeah, and projected shows the Deagle at 6975 for next week to be the most expensive weapon with the M4 coming in 3rd to the M249, but only by less than 150.

Scary.

-dj

I could think of a few new and different adjectives to describe that.

...but who likes to look for the positive?

With .45 now being free, the mac-10 is now an excellent buy at $1400 or at the price of the week.

that's the spirit!

should i pencil you in for a 3 o'clock appointment out west with DWP this week?

Guest Instago
Guest Instago
Guest Instago
Guests

I'm hoping the mac10 will drop below $800... because it'll make for very interesting (machine) pistol rounds.

Weapons now have prices that accurately reflect their power.

Hold on a sec. A couple posts up you see that the projected next week price of the deagle is the single most expensive gun in the entire game ($7014 to be exact)

You really feel the deagle is the most powerful gun in css?

I cant really believe that.

The M4 is projected to be $5539, and the assault suit $2262

This makes it:

$9276 for deagle and armor/helm only

$7801 for M4 and armor/helm only.

A full load (NO rifle) deagle + armor + 2 FB + he+ smoke + kit is projected at $10514

same with M4 = $9039

with deagle AND M4? $16,053. You cant.

At $8500 - $16000+ PER ROUND, do we still feel that this doesnt further the imbalance of a winning/losing team?

If your entire team saves TOGETHER for 5-6 losing rounds, then on the 6th or 7th LOSING round, you can afford to buy to take the win streak back.

Perhaps west was not the proper test server for this, as it includes the PTBx balancer, which will jsut go into overtime and not give us a true image of what this is doing.

The mac-10 is droping to $823 so far. That makes it very close to being avail;able in pistol round (with full ammo), although the CTs will NOT have an auto in pistol round.

I might sound like the nay-sayer/ devils advocate here, but lets make sure to discuss what it really is projected to do. I think the 'idea' was great sure, and the duelies are fun, but a team full of duelies vs a team of full-laod M4s is NOT cool, nor fun.

I agree with Laz wholeheartedly.

Its only fun to play with the different guns for so long.

I relish scrimming just so that I can actually buy a deagle and expect to have money left over. Is it really really good? hell yah it is.

As for the unbalancing aspect of this, IMO, its huge. It is so hard to mount a comeback as a TEAM with 1 or 2 people having enough money for a real gun every couple rounds. Sure, you can always pick one up from the winning team, but that implies you actually managed to spray them in the face with whatever SMG of choice you're using this round.

As for ANY non pistol being available during the "pistol" round.... Well, that just doesn't sound fun to me.

Will this prevent me from playing on west? No, I'll keep buying my SMG's and camping around some corner hoping to pick up a real weapon for as long as DWP is left on West.

I'm with Laz on this... I get home and I want to have fun. Instead I play and what ends up happening is the team that loses has a much more difficult time recovering than the team that is winning. The overall quality of the game has gone down. Also, there are some weapons I just don't care about buying and I don't like to feel like my decision on which weapon to buy should be heavily influenced by something other than me. I don't have much fun using a lot of the weapons and if I want to buy a handgun, I don't want it to be more expensive than an assault rifle.

When it comes to making games, some things look good on paper and other things are actually fun. I believe that source needed something to change things up, but my enjoyment of the game has gone down considerably since this weapon pricing system has been introduced. If it keeps up I don't know if I'll care to play the game much longer. I want to come home, pick up a deagle and not have to pay an arm and a leg for it.

Edited by aMnesiac

I don't think this update is worth the trouble. The price of Armor, Ak, M4, and Deagle have gone up tremendously. The only item that dropped in price dramatically is the glock. The glock is now $14. I could care less about the price of all the guns inbetween because i try to avoid SMG's *except mp5/tmp if i'm poor*. We use those items because they are more effecient. To me, a less than 5% decrease in price for all the least popular guns is not worth the 50+% increase in price for the more popular guns.

Without dynamic pricing >> With dynampic pricing

AK 2500 >> 4200

M4 3100 >> 5000

Armor 1000 >> 2200

Deagle 650 >> 7000

AWP 4750 >> 4720

MP5 1500 >> 1424

TMP 1250 >> 950

To me... It just doesn't add up. Those are the main guns I use because they are effective and accurate. I don't really care about all the other guns because there's no point in learning to utilize them when i do better buying a deagle and saving up for an AK or M4.

instead of buying weapons, now i buy timeshare...........

Anyonelse noticed this????

GIT RID OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I seriously go rounds without buying anything now, well guess that's a plus to better my glock/usp skillz seeing how DEAGLE is $4000+!!!!!!!

GIT RID OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Instago
Guest Instago
Guest Instago
Guests

Lazerus, we dont know where the prices will settle to. There will be a point when people just stop buying a certain weapon, and the price will go down dramatically. Furthermore, maybe more people will stop going with their normal M4/ Ak47/ Deagle combinations are the prices will go down even more. We've not had this system very long so it will be interesting to see where the prices go after several weeks.

If the price for the deagle keeps going up, thats because people still feel that the deagle is worth buying even at prices of several thousands of dollars. The players are deciding what is worth what by purchasing whatever weapons they prefer. Theoretically speaking, if the price of the deagle reaches 16,000, and the players continue to buy it at 16,000 so the price remains at 16,000 then the deagle is worth that much because the players are still buying it at that price. Regardless of what I would think in such a scenario (probably some type of "oh my goose, those people that buy the deagles are crazy") the people have chosen, by purchasing the deagle, to have the price remain at 16,000 so I'd see it as fair and just (assuming all the price algorithms/ etc are correct and it wasn't just the deagle bugging out to hit the 16,000 mark.)

I just really think its cool how the people's purchases determine the prices of weapons. I enjoyed buying the deagle at round one (though I was more of a kevlar guy) but now I've changed. I've been learning to use the p228 (no armor) and have been doing fine. I used to buy the colt and ak47 as soon as possible, but now I've began to use other weapons like sub-machine guns, shotguns, and the cheaper rifles.

As for the unbalancing aspect, I can only speak personally. I've been doing very well with SMGs/ shotguns/ and especially the gallil and gamas. Those two rifles are amazing for their price. Sometimes I use the famas over the colt/ ak47 because of the burst fire that practically guarantees a headshot long range. Gallil isn't that bad either.

There are a lot of underused weapons in CSS and they all have their value- even the glock. It may have 9mm ammunition and less-than-desirable accuracy, but it has 20 shots and burst fire to balance it out. What does this mean? It means you chill around a corner and wait for the enemies to come up so you can ambush them close range and burst fire their heads into the walls. The element of surprise always gives the ambusher a large advantage over his prey.

I can see how this can be unbalancing, but I really don't mind the unbalance (and honestly, if it really is unbalanced, I've been doing fine- generally speaking, I've been doing better now than before the price changes). Sometimes a victory when your team is down by 9 points is the greatest thing ever and yes, this has happened with new prices, except I was on the team about to win. The terrorists managed to get back and tie us 9-9 (I dont remember the map or the players) before the map switched.

Edited by Instago

mp_startmoney 16000

This is perhaps my biggest beef with the system.

Why should those of us who start with the default money (800) be forced to pay the same as the people who start with 16000. We do not have the same buying habits as juiced servers and its a borked system that fails to take this into account. Its also the only conceivable way for the deagle to continue its astronomical rise.

If I'm wrong, and valve has some measure in place so that they only take the stats given to them by default servers, let me know. I'd love to see it. As it is, it feels like we're getting screwed by people who just want to put more money in their servers.

If I'm wrong, and valve has some measure in place so that they only take the stats given to them by default servers, let me know. I'd love to see it. As it is, it feels like we're getting screwed by people who just want to put more money in their servers.

VALVe's description of their "algorithm" isn't even consistent with their actual price changes, so hoping to know which servers they're taking data from is way out there.

while i'm disabling DWP, i'll leave only the usp/glock, mp5, ak, m4, and awp unrestricted. why not, right? when i was on some "to remain unnamed" non dwp servers, it's all i was up against. how fun, unique, and fresh. </sarcasm>

i'm enjoying seeing the NEW faces on west that ENJOY playing wtih dwp and are coming back because of it.

i haven't seen this unbalance while working in favor of the winning team, even in lieu of the many hypothetical examples. ptbx might be preventing that, but since the server uses ptbx, well, it's a moot point, right?

confucius say: is the ability to buy a reasonably priced deagle the crux of happiness?

No. The deagle is not the root of all happiness.

Its just the most convenient example of DWP in all its glory. No other gun has risen in price 600%.

Aim Lab / DM with free guns for the win! I don't need your dynamic weapon pricing! :peace:

I guess now would be the best time to master the glock at 22 dollars each you can make money by buying a glock every round! :)