***WEAPON PRICING POLL***

stutters

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Having not played with it yet, and since the new prices wont even get implemented until next week, I say leave it on.

If it gets dumb, we can always turn it off.

West btw.

Prices are different. $1200 and change for a deagle right now.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say keep it on for now. It will force folks to get their skills up with different weapons. Prior to update the weapons that were purchased by both sides were pretty much the same every round. I say leave it on for a couple of weeks and give peeps a chance to get used to it and then run a poll again to see if folks want it turned off.

Edited by Uncle Fester

The only prob i could see is with Mayhem since No-Scope adn the eliminates 3 guns, but that probably wont effect it to much since people on Mayhem tend to buy varying weapons anyways I vote Leave It

Server cvar name?

mp_dynamicpricing

already giving in?

Going off on map change, unless Lunk complains.

bunch of freakin women. never even gave it a chance.

i just convinced the other 19 girls out west why it is good.

- forces you to use weapons you normally wouldn't

- forces you to think more about spending money

- economically limits the number of awpers (over time)

- changes every week

server is staying full

:shrug03:

:luxhello: YES...and free ammo...welll kinda

IT is just new...Let the girls get use to it :)

:boo::boo::boo::boo::boo::boo: er i played with this for liek 45 mins last night i relly dont liek it so much so tht i stopped playing and went to bed(tough to do whn u drank way to much enrgy drink) i rell relly relly dont like it. we may as well all be playing death match becuase for the most part its the same thing. full ammo all teh time. makes me want to go play halo2(sad consoles are ofr n00bs) ii have hated this from the get go never liked the idea never liked it in general. its worse than betting and all that junk. i dont like saying this but i will be pubbing where htis is not being used. this is hard for me to say becuase i have pubbed no where else but gc serves since i started playing this game :hug: gc i will cry if i hav to find some where else to pub. so please no more insanity.

Um.. exept for a different look in the buy screens, full ammo, and prices changing all the time for your fav weapons and equipment.... the actual in game experience has not changed much at all. I think that some are getting alittle too bent out of shape about what amounts to a rather minor portion of this game. This game is much much more than just what the price of a particular gun is this week or the next.

Just let it be, give it a month, we can adapt and strettch our little brains enough to deal with this little bump.

Shaftiel

Though I struggle to read your post Zero I agree with you. There's nothing wrong with forcing people to use other weapons, but when a mac10 costs 10 dollars the thing is out of control, I hope recrud doesn't use this.

looks like dynamicpricing set to 0 stills gives free ammo and its a bug from what I have read? through many immature posts in the steam forum! the ammo problem should get updated soon if you turn off dwp the buy structure should be as it was its a bug??

the awp in a match with full ammo?? what were they thinking no one buys all 40 rounds in a match do they?

Edited by w8t4time

looks like dynamicpricing set to 0 stills gives free ammo and its a bug from what I have read? the ammo problem should get updated soon if you turn off dwp the buy structure should be as it was its a bug??

*sighs with relief*

I thought valve had made it so buying ammo was not a part of the game anymore, regardless if the cvar was on or off.

After seeing how out of control this got in the beta

what are you referring to?

$5000 for a deagle (if i remember correctly)

$1 for a Mac-10

ppl were making binds to buy thousands of mac-10s

Not to mension the glock was $-259 or something.

Guys, the beta was meant to speed up the data. The prices for the beta updated every day; they will now only update every week. I don't think that Valve will let the prices get that out of control now that it's part of the core game.

I gave it another shot on mayhem. It drove me insane!!! I went from knowing what everything costed to not knowing what anything costed. and every week, do i have to learn the new prices all over again?? How am i supposed to be able to know what i can afford? I dont really want to have to browse the buy menu everytime i play so i can know what i can buy.

I'd been finding the 10 seconds freezetime on Recrudescene to be not enough with the changed prices. On Mayhem with the 6 second freeze time hardly anyone is breaking spawn at the start of the round.

It's driving me totally crazy....I'm still in my old mode of buying the same thing each round, so before I even think about it, I've wasted money on a deagle and can no longer afford kevlar etc...I don't want to have to reset my brain each week in order to compete.

And all that green crap in the buy menu is horrid to look at. Steam just moved up my "Destroy" list to number three, behind Mo and France.

Well I just saw it today... did not find this topic first so ended up opening another one... anyways...

I agree with those who does not really like this feature.

1. the variable pricing bends the game in a way Counter Strike should not go. This is a realtively "realistic" shooter where the weapons should not be the main focus of the game. CS went through a long evolution (even before source) and the weapon pricing / strenght / usability reached a very nice balance.

Also good players buy cleverly depending on the needs for the round, etc...

This game is not eBay with the "feature product of the week".

If I want simulated economy I go and play with a game that is developed for that...

2. With most of you I hope that it is only a bug that all weapons come with full load of ammo at the beginning of the round. This is stupid. It should never happen. Buying ammo should be the player's decision.

3. I also got very confused with the modified keyboard layout. Buy menu for equipment is no longer on the B-8-... path, but on B-6-...

I always buy using shortcuts and now I'm totally cut out. I used to be able to finish buying in 1-2 seconds, now it's all gone wrong...

I'm very sad that VALVE hasn't been able to recognize the spirit and "heart" of this game and took a wrong path in improving it.

There could be several ways to make the game better - in my opinion this update was not one of them.

I was also a serious advocater who said CS:Source should take the place of CS1.6 in league play. However if VALVE continues to do what they do here with the CS:Source I'll have to revert back to 1.6 in order to enjoy playing it - even with the less appealing graphic...

For the vote, I mostly play on the Scopeless MidWest Mayhem.

I'd like that server to run this new feature turned OFF.