My New Laptop Purchase

akaM2

Well I finally received my Laptop in the mail when I got home from work last night. I have to say it is the nicest looking laptop I have used. Here are some specs and pics below.

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33ghz

2gb DDR2 Ram

120GB HD

ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics with 256MB SDRAM

6x double-layer SuperDrive

apple1.JPG

apple6.JPG

apple2.JPG

apple7.JPG

apple3.JPG

apple4.JPG

apple5.JPG

apple8.JPG

apple9.JPG

pretty amazing laptop. I will be installing windows and CSS tonight at give ya some FPS reports

games work on macs?

supposedly you can install crossover which allows you to play css on osx, but i bet the fps is weird.

but you can natively boot into windows when you start up the laptop and then play games in there. Or you can use parallels for anything but games and have 2 desktops running.

crossover takes longer to load but bootcamp is like a normal pc laptop

here is it with bootcamp:

here is it with crossover:

better crossover version

Cool Paralles video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xBeKrEpwRB4&amp...ted&search=

FYI (I won't bash your mac...) the input for 3.5mm headphone plug is not standardized (I <3 Macs) so many plugs just won't fit and can cause major damage (i.e. motherboard replacing) if forced. Something that my company is now freaking out about as we've had to replace someones MacbookPro already...(it wasn't me...whew)

i had to set up the password protection on my roomates mac book last night and i was liek right click o no wait i cant ok and thn the thing froze up so i was liek can i put windows on this for u. =D

i hav an extreme hatred for macs i had to suffer through thier constant crashing for most of high school.

we use bootcamp on a lot of our macs... awesome setup. Lovin the laptop M2.

setting this up in 20 mins :o

If any person that "hates" macs would use one for 1-2 weeks I would bet you would have diff feelings after it. I hated macs before my ibook. I decided to try one with my ibook liked it then upgraded to this 1 year later.

the question is can u right click :D

of course i can lol

but anyways, 1st stress test with everything on high, dx9, 1024x768 were getting 121fps on the stress test

so with lowering some settings and possibly going dx8 i can easily stay above 100 in firefights :)

four years here in High School with macs....yeah....they crash....a lot...more than my old laptop with Windows ME did...and that's just bad.....

In any case, despite my hatred, I congratulate you on your new piece of hardware! I love getting new toys, and laptops are one of the best ones that you can get! :-)

Ya' gotta love it. You will love playing CS on it on the fly too...

I get 70 - 160 fps in firefights with my Alienware m9700 with everything cranked to maximum, and I have to tell you, it's a beautiful thing.

Maverick' date='Nov 9 2006, 02:40 PM' post='375668']

four years here in High School with macs....yeah....they crash....a lot...more than my old laptop with Windows ME did...and that's just bad.....

well i have had a mac for over a year with 1 crash, dont know what os you guys were using if it was osx or os9, but ive never had any problems.

Maverick' date='Nov 9 2006, 02:40 PM' post='375668']

well i have had a mac for over a year with 1 crash, dont know what os you guys were using if it was osx or os9, but ive never had any problems.

Try running ProTools/Cubase/AVID/anything audio visual (what the G5 was made for) for a year and see if you can count all the times it crashes on both your hands and feet (fyi, you can't count that high)

What has this thread become...I apologize...Nice Mac M2...I'm just glad you didn't get the wimpy one!

Haha I have been looking for a new laptop/desktop replacement. I read last night you didnt like the keyboard. Isnt it full-size? Is that cpu oc-able? What did you do about a carrying case? I know it doesnt come with one.

`

name mac2

:P