New Monitor

dragonfly

i have the dell 2405fpw and it's excellent. especially having my satellite box hooked up to the s-video input and being able to do picture in picture watching the leaf game while playing cs is awesome. that said, i have not heard the greatest things about the new 2407 panel. i know it's a 6 bit panel rather than an 8 bit like the 2405. the cheaper panels allow them to have quicker response time but at a cost to quality.

i've heard (from a customer) excellent things about that 24 inch acer. certainly the price is very good. acer doesn't have the greatest reputation but the specs for the price can't be beat. it most definitely has a 6 bit panel based on the response time.

I tend to like the dell monitors, but they are over priced. Then again, I got a hook up... my company buys dell. 8)

Black Friday, best buy will have the Westinghouse 22" WS on sale for 200.00

It has all the connectors that you would want or need.

http://www.westinghousedigital.com/details.aspx?itemnum=60

granted, I know nothing about their quality... just an option for ya.

I'm liking the look of that acer! I'll keep my eye on it. The only thing is I like the warranty that's easily purchased @ futureshop or staples, and if there's a problem with my monitor i jsut bring it in and get a new one in 1/2 hour... :) That's definitely a good start though, i'm almost already sold! lol

if you don't HAVE to have 24", check this out:

Today's Smack is the ViewSonic VG2030wm Flat Panel Monitor. It's a 20" widescreen TFT with a 1680x1050 resolution, 5ms response time, an 800:1 contrast ratio, and 300 cd/m2 brightness. It also contains integrated speakers and an amplifier for a rich stereo sound.

The deal will start at $329.99 with free shipping and continue to be discounted until the limited quantity is gone.

www.jellyfish.com/sotd

Upon more review readings, teh acer tends to bleed some light in dark games (ie fear, etc) and i like dark games :) but the viewsonic for not much more @ ncix looks pretty good.

I'm thinking 22"+ size, widescreen. not really any point to go from 19 to 20 imho. Thanks though playaa.

Also: i am going to use it for recording music, gaming, and watching some dvd's. Any suggestions from newegg arent really helpful, cause they wont ship to canada to the best of my knowledge. Maybe you could refute that cujo? idk

...canadacomputers are my favs.

LOL! A little bias shining through??? I already peaked there too though. And by "up here" you mean really up here! Im Thunder Bay area :halo: A whole different country than S. ON!

I'll check out the other site. thanks cujo

Edit: from infonec I like this one

Edited by DarkArchon

haha i don't work at canada computers anymore. infonec is my fav and it's just down the street from where i work now.

that samsung seems to be the best monitor in that price range. i'd try and find 799 for the acer if i were you but it's not a huge deal i guess.

Not sure if they ship (for free) to Canada but if you were thinkin' bout the Dell, now is the time - as in *right now* b4 the deal goes away.

Dell Home - HOT! - 24" Wide LCD Flatpanel Monitor for $577

Dell 2407FPW 24" LCD Flatpanel computer monitor for $679 with free shipping. Add one to your cart, and an additional 15% discount automatically appears, making it $577 with free shipping.

Picked my refurbed (essentially new) ones up back in April for $500 - no regrets at all.

hmm, it's 899 on dell.ca

edit - haha that is a sick deal though. maybe dark you could get someone on here to buy it and then ship to you. it would probably still be cheaper.

Edited by Cujo

Not sure if they ship (for free) to Canada but if you were thinkin' bout the Dell, now is the time - as in *right now* b4 the deal goes away.

Dell Home - HOT! - 24" Wide LCD Flatpanel Monitor for $577

Dell 2407FPW 24" LCD Flatpanel computer monitor for $679 with free shipping. Add one to your cart, and an additional 15% discount automatically appears, making it $577 with free shipping.

Picked my refurbed (essentially new) ones up back in April for $500 - no regrets at all.

Ah!!! Ok, I'll decide by tonight. THANKS FLITTER!!!! You do know this might mean more headshots headed your way, right? :halo:

Edit: so even with the little things that you've heard, cujo, and the .87 dollar right now :), and the fact that in Jan i can sell my 19" for $250, would you say go for it? I just remember you hearing some stuff about these monitors, though I cant imagine the problems being any worse at all than any problems taht any other monitor might have that i've been looking at...

What sort of time frame do you think i have flitter? I might order tonight...

Edited by DarkArchon

for that price i'd be all over it if i didn't already have one. if you can find someone in the us to order it for you and ship it to you then it's still gonna end up much cheaper than the 899 plus taxes you'd pay off dell.ca

Sorry mate - 15% off deal is still working at Dell but they raised thier base prices so the 24" wide is now $679

I'd recommend Dell Outlet for the 24" (where I got mine from - everything I've gotten from there is essentially new) - price is $609 - which is solid, but shipping and (for me) taxes tacks on another c-note so :(

-Fk

If getting a LCD I'd go for something big, with res higher that 2000x1500

Good luck with that...if you can post a link to one with more than 1920x1200 I'd love you forever. (more so)

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/11/21/voodoo_30_inch_lcd/

but, yeah, i wanted to say 1920x1200 is good nuff prolly. it's just my 21" can do 2048x1536 that's why I thought bigger lcds can do more...

1920x1200 is not too bad...:)

:o that was fast! but still, only 100 more. free shipping, and i've got someone lined up to purchase tonight. If it's still 679 i'm gonna go for it. still a lot cheaper than 899!

Edit: I ordered it. Came to 790 with tax/shipping/etc (890 with 87c/dollar). Hopefully crossing the boarder I wont get charged big time! That'd suck. I guess we'll see soon enough. Thanks for the help.

Edited by DarkArchon