What REALLY makes me mad.

ShadowDog

Okay, this has been on my nerves for a bit now... and i can find peace in only whining about it... sorry for those who disagree. VOVIK AND FRAN... 2 Players i cant stand to play with... Vovik alone is okay, he isnt as competitive and seems to be much nicer. BUT Fran, grr do you make me mad.. you only seem to care about stats and "BEING THE BEST"

I highly EVER see you two go after the objectives when you are together... Actually Vovik just camps, Fran just angers me..

I know they dont hack, i know they are members of the community and that they are really good.. But whenever they are in the server, i dont join... whenever they join.. i leave. i cant stand playing with them because it seems they dont leave the server til one of them is beating weave.gc in the stats. They just hunt people, never care about objectives, and are snotty little brats sometimes.

I hear many other players complaining about their attitude (not verbal attittude) while playing, and im just so sick of it. I know there really isnt anything that can be done, and that they are just good.. but PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ANYTHING THAT IS HOLY... STOP BEING STAT WHORES!

Start actually playing FOR FUN! stop being so freaking competitive and play as if it is a game... BECAUSE IT FREAKING IS A GAME!! you guys treat it like a job.. if your not number one.. Than you come in the server and stack the teams until one of you is.

Another thing.. YOU'RE TEAM STACKING... stop being on the same team.. YOU BOTH KNOW YOUR THE BEST IN THE SERVER... SO WHY BE ON THE SAME TEAM!? you do this every freaking time...

i just left the server because i couldnt stand being around you guys. and when it was 4 on 5... you both joined the same team... even when i ask you guys (i didnt this time... just left) to split up, you say no and continue on stacking the teams...

now i see no better place for this topic but here, because i want to hear others complain as well... so i know im not alone... it just makes me soooo angry.

ITS ANNOYING AND IM DONE WHINING

thank you..

-Ross

AKA ShadowDog

Edited by FuNK Renegade

Well, before anyone jumps the gun on this, I'd like to point out that this is a VERY frustrating issue at some times and I'm sure ShadowDog will edit his post some more when he's cooled down a bit. :)

I agree with what you say. I get very frustrated when I get 'cheaply killed' by camping, strong point abuse (camping projector room with P90/shotties, aztec CT bridge, Dust 2 B - behind the boxes) and just plain old poor play. It's the same as a teammate flashing me in the middle of a fight to run in and take my kill.

Unfortunately, this is what a takes to be 'good' at Counter-strike, because we all know how much this game actually has to do with skill. I play every single round with the objective im mind - if I'm the only CT left and I have to run into 8+ Ts guarding a bomb, I run into the bombsite without a second thought. Ever since I've played like that, my rank has gone down terribly - do people think I'm a bad player because of this? Not at all, everyone knows I'm always ready to take one for the team and lead a kamikaze rush into a bombsite.

I can go on for quite a bit on how to 'honourably' play Counter-strike, but I'll leave some points for other people. Just two more things though:

1. It's wrong to point fingers. (Though, sorry, Fran, Vovik, he's got you pegged. Except for the rudeness, I've never seen that.)

2. If it's just a game, why are you so upset?

:)

The stats that are on the server (ie when you type "rank") are completely meaningless and have no relation to the actual stats. So when people come into the server and keep checking their rank just sit back and laugh at the fact that, not only are they completely wasting their time getting meaningless numbers that actually hinder their abilities to play CSS normally but they are also alienating themselves from the whole experience. People can do what they want. If certain people want to join a server for a fraction of a map just to boost some number being stored somewhere that has no relation to what they think it does...so be it.

Oh and Funk...Vov and Fran are not best in the servers...otherwise they'd stay in them. :D

glad finally someone said what needed to be said for that I thank you Shadowdog. Now whether either of them actually read or comment on your topic will be more interesting, then again it will probably be deleted before then.

Dont play much with FRAN, cant say either way.

Vovik, I do play with him, cant say I ever left becouse of him, but it has crossed my mind. I do get frusterated with his lack of objective play, but I cant say he has ever stacked a team, I always see him switching teams. I dont know if others are stacking teams to be on his side, or if he just overpowers a team, but he is always on the stacked team regardless of his effort to change.

I too have seen vovik's non objective playing but it hasn't made me leave the server. At least you can get this out with some maturity unlike me which I have to complain ingame.

oh and fatty and lunk stack together. OH! I went there. :D

jk

I wanted to reply more indepth but I'll wait until more community members going to comment. I want to hear what people are saying.

That said, there are few regulars who can't stand me whatever I do and just want to bring me down from whatever little bad thing I do, so beware of them.

ShadowDog next time join my team ;)

I too have seen vovik's non objective playing but it hasn't made me leave the server. At least you can get this out with some maturity unlike me which I have to complain ingame.

oh and fatty and lunk stack together. OH! I went there. :D

jk

they always stack the team they aren't on....

as for vovik / franny issue. I tried being cordial at first, and was met with sarcasm and rudeness, so I stopped trying. As for their play, can't speak for Fran, but there are worse players out there as far as 'not completing the objective' is concern.

Try playing around it and spec'ing someone else :shrug03:

(edited)

I'm sorry if you feel offended vovik, and Mohawk its not the specing, its the gameplay..

Vovik - Even when i am on your team... i feel i am being cheated out of CS's basic idea.... Fun.

(and by cheated i dont mean they cheat...)

Edit:

Vovik.. in no way am i trying to bring you down... i was just whining and dealing with the frustration.

Edited by FuNK Renegade

Welp, for what it's worth:

1) Vovik's team wins a lot, because he kills alot.

2) The team wins if all the opposition are killed.

3) Opposition have a higher chance of dying when facing Vovik.

4) Vovik, as far as my experience when I'm on the server, offers to even the teams, or whatever. Last time we played together, he messageed me to let him know when he should switch.

5) I tell him not to be the play caller when I'm on his team because I can't understand his donkey.

While we can spend all day whining about others, where does it get us? So what if a person pwns for 3 maps then leaves when they're losing. Whether they don't have time or they just don't like losing, it doesn't matter. Their behavior and their character is not anyone's business but their own.

I will not comment on Fran.

I've been playing with Vovik for a little while. Don't know the fran guy, if I played with him I forget. Sounds like from most of the posts it's a good thing I forgot who he was. :biglaugha:

As for the whole team stacking/wanting to win deal. Alot more players are like that than you think. Vovik is NOT the only person on .gc servers who stack teams. Hell he isn't even the only .gc member to stack teams. You have that here. You will have that on every server you ever try to play on. I'll admit I stack teams once in a while. Quick edit even though it's been said: He does even teams alot. That makes up for the occasional stack imo.

Maybe that's just their idea of fun? I know [VI] Preacher's idea of fun is to rush the same spot on a map during every round only to be the 1st person dead. He finds it fun for some odd reason.

My opinion on Vovik is that when the few times I play, if he joins the server, I have to then change how I play. So I can't complain about the guy if he makes me want to play better.

Edited by CowboyFromHell

So when Vovik doesn't play for the objective...I sneak around him and win the round :D

He's good at that on Italy...I won't reveal where he likes to go because...well, then he won't go there anymore and I won't be able to go around :peace:

That being said, I personally like fighting people such as Vovik...maybe fighting against him he'll bring back the skill I had back in 1.3...that'd be nice...I miss being near the top of the stats all the time

Meh...I guess my advice would be to not worry 'bout it so much. Don't get frustrated over a guy that is kicking yer arse, just figure out ways to get around losing. Personally I care more 'bout whether my team is winning than what my personal score is. If that means I don't get many kills, but I rescue the hosties 5 times to win 5 rounds, so be it. :-)

Enjoy your CS!

Maverick' date='Dec 6 2006, 12:12 PM' post='380426']

So when Vovik doesn't play for the objective...I sneak around him and win the round :D

Cause I can only remember 1 time he has defused.

It just seems that he is playing the game for different reasons than the most of us.

I both love and hate playing against those that are much more skilled than I. I love it because I'm a competitive guy, and having a really tough challenge gets the juices flowing. I hate it because... well jeesh, getting blown away every round by one guy gets real old. I especially hate playing against a team with 3-5 skilled AWPers who, coincidentally, all have AWP's heh:).

All and all I can't say as I mind that much if I'm playing against a stacked team... makes it all the more satisfying if, through some miracle, we win. Ah.. the thrill of victory over a superiour force.. there is nothing sweeter my friends.

Shaftiel

I have to admit that along with other GC members most of my frustration towards Vovik is not that he doesn't even teams but that no matter what I do I almost never can kill him. Now I know that this threat was started for a good purpose but as much as Vovik has sometimes stacked the teams so has everyone else here including myself. Yes I won't touch on Fran, but I have to say Vovik might like to have good stats but there's nothing wrong with that.

Remember what Fatty says in his sig, "Save the Drama for yer Mama."

I kind of think this may have got a little off track from the last few posts...

edit: and mine is much longer than planned, if nothing else read the last sentence.

Everyone know's Vovik and several other regular/.gc players are good, and I don't think Funk's post was complaining about either being on the losing team particularly or from frustration at dieing a lot.

We all know that when we play one team has to lose, even with well matched teams there can be a complete white-wash.

I enjoy playing against players better than myself (and there are many on our servers), one of the reasons I joined was the calibre of the players.

But another reason I joined was the "fun" in the servers, the sense of community, it's one reason GC has become a place people call home, if they didn't have fun here, they wouldn't send Fatty their $50 a year etc.

I have had a couple of occasions recently where I've been on both winning and losing teams where that sense of fun has disappeared as some people appear to have been treating it as their own Death Match server. They seem to have lost site of the map's objectives, not just for one round but for the entire 10-19 it takes for a map to change and you end up with 9+ people sat waiting for someone to either move or make some effort to head towards an objective round after round.

I know that there is the "complete the objective or eliminate the opposing team to win the round" that comes up when you kill a T (not sure if does so on the GC servers, can't remember), but I personally don't think that means 90% of the team should try to complete the objective and 10% should try to eliminate the opposing team.

The same with stacking, it happens both intentionally and unintentionally but we all know that if your side is 8:1 up, you're probably all having more fun than the other side.

I'm not going to try to call people out as it's certainly more than just the two mentioned in this thread and I know that I can do it from time to time.

I guess where I'm coming from with the longer than planned post above, is that we're here to have fun and make sure that everyone on the server enjoys themselves as much as possible, not just try to enjoy ourselves at the expense of the other team/rest of our own team.

Vov will be on my next dream team when I find another community to fight. Now where did I put that other topic I started?

we dont have anyone to fight! We could have an amazing 10 man team.

on topic

though they both like ct side on aztec, they do stack the hard side usually atleast.

m2 21 vovik 18

m2 20 franny 20

hmm close battle, time to pull away :)

and dont worry franny my 19.99 will be staying in my pocket :P

I wish I was better at this game!

There are great players that play these servers and I love the challenge!

There is a reason the 7-0 map change happens to keep it fun and mix up the teams! I can say that 3 or 4 maps of 7-0 runs then it kinda sux especially if your on the 0 side of the match for those 3-4 maps

some people don't like to switch sides I have noticed and I can understand (if you think I am stacking a team please let me know I will switch in a heartbeat) I always see vovik switching sides to stretch the map out and I enjoy (getting owned) I mean playing against vovik or anyone here for that matter! when I finally do get a good shot in... I know it was perfect and in the long run I am getting better at this game playing against great players!