Music Genre

EbilDustBunny

Music Poll  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who's the other metal head in here? BTW, it's NOT Metallica metal. Yuck...

:peace: (those are rocker signs, not peace signs) ;)

<-----

But I listen to and like many other music styles... other than new country and pop music. Ranges from tool to neil young, led zepplin to handel, johnny cash back to system of a down. And all around. Chemical brothers, xhibit, deftones, gordon lightfoot, greenday, iced earth... think there is something from all of the catagories there.

But mostly hard metal :peace:

Classic Rock

"Old-School" Metal.

I don't like the metal these days with all the screaming and no musical talent. It's gross.

Thank you! :D Though I like some of modern rock bands, I don't get the screaming it just makes the song worse

lol screaming = no talent in the band

Now THAT is a post about TASTE, not TALENT. Dragon Force screams underneath vox, and they've got sick guitarists. Besides, it's part of the experience of black/death/power/doom/thrash/etc metal.

Just cause you dont like something doesnt lower the actual quality of the music. Besides, metal has some of the most technical scores to it, as well as jazz and classical. Rock? I think not...

lol screaming = no talent in the band

Now THAT is a post about TASTE, not TALENT. Dragon Force screams underneath vox, and they've got sick guitarists. Besides, it's part of the experience of black/death/power/doom/thrash/etc metal.

Just cause you dont like something doesnt lower the actual quality of the music. Besides, metal has some of the most technical scores to it, as well as jazz and classical. Rock? I think not...

My opinion = Law...

No I'm just kidding :lol2:

But each to his own, eh?

I particularily do not believe that screaming is a talent. No disrespect to the other members of these bands. I'm sure they play their instruments fine. But you can't compare hard power chords to the fine riffs and solos of Jimmy Page, Peter Frampton, etc..

Each to his own..

lol power chords = metalicca = not much talent

By good metal I mean Into Eternity, Yingwee Malmsteen, Crimson Moonlight, Dragon Force, etc where there's very few power chords if any.

Screaming is more of a taste than a talent. I cant think of much things worse than the sound of vox in screamo ;)

btw, Malmsteen is probably one of the best on guitar thus far. I'll admit that Page and Frampton are really good (much much better than me) but they're also not YM.

but yes, to each his own.

lol power chords = metalicca = not much talent

By good metal I mean Into Eternity, Yingwee Malmsteen, Crimson Moonlight, Dragon Force, etc where there's very few power chords if any.

Screaming is more of a taste than a talent. I cant think of much things worse than the sound of vox in screamo ;)

btw, Malmsteen is probably one of the best on guitar thus far. I'll admit that Page and Frampton are really good (much much better than me) but they're also not YM.

but yes, to each his own.

X2

anything but county.

I used to think that I hated country/rap the most, but I found something I hate much much more: Christian pop-culture music. Switchfoot, Third Day, MW Smith, etc. It's just something about it that I cant handle. I honestly start to get angry when I hear it. It's strange. Country and rap arent so bad after all... ;)

anything but county.

I used to think that I hated country/rap the most, but I found something I hate much much more: Christian pop-culture music. Switchfoot, Third Day, MW Smith, etc. It's just something about it that I cant handle. I honestly start to get angry when I hear it. It's strange. Country and rap arent so bad after all... ;)

lol I agree, that music is horrible...

Im Metal all the way.. who said punk/folk and country doesnt mix together

Any Listen to Bad Religion here?? Well, their lead singer is Greg Graffin, check out his side project

http://www.myspace.com/greggraffin

Ok, well, its not much punk, but when I hear his voice, punk music is the first to come to mind.

http://www.myspace.com/greggraffin [/url]

Ok, well, its not much punk, but when I hear his voice, punk music is the first to come to mind.

Wow...rofl...wow...didn't see this coming at all...ahahahaha...I can't wait to rub this in my hcstraight edge punk friends face who always dash my wide acceptance of folk music. Although I'm sure they already know and "love" it...so it will be bittersweet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest ash
Guest ash
Guest ash
Guests

Why isn't there an "all" option for eccentric people like me? :(

Edited by ash