M2's Thursday Night Fights!

akaM2

Well every Thursday from here on out I will be conducting "Thursday Night Fights"

This will be held in the private GC server as well as the GC Ventrilo server.

When: 8:00cst Every Thursday

Where: GC Private Server / GC Ventrilo Server / xT private server (if GC TWL is using theres)

What: Some 5v5 action playground style.

Vent info: 208.100.14.164 port 3976

You must be on the ventrilo server in order to get the server IP and password.

We will start as soon as we get 10 people on. I will bring a few xT members along for the fun so you can get a feel of the organized team action. This will not be xT vs all, it will kinda be like kickball style, we get 2 captains and pick even teams.

If we get more than 10 people we will sub people in every match. Each scrim/match will be played up till 16(best out of 30 rounds). This event will last however long we have people to play in it. If we drop to 5 or so, we can get a outside GC team to play against us.

This event is intended to help CS players evolve their individual and teamwork skills. Please feel free to ask questions regarding tactics and strategies for both types of skill sets during and after the game. We will do our best to explain why and when we use certain tactics.

Please feel free to ask any questions about this event below

bump! its tonight!

M2, I hope you don't plan on using the 1000fps one. Black wanted that server for tonight's TWL at 9:30 cst.

....if you have to resort on using it tonight...

i know which servers are available, dont worry

I really want to go to this but I can't make it. I get off at 7 PM pst. :( Have fun! M2, if you are ever down to give tips any other time I'm in.

jump in vent after you get home, im sure some people will leave and others can join, i will be on till 1-2am cst

I really want to go to this but I can't make it. I get off at 7 PM pst. :( Have fun! M2, if you are ever down to give tips any other time I'm in.

jump in vent after you get home, im sure some people will leave and others can join, i will be on till 1-2am cst

DOH! :bang: I went to the gym instead because I forgot to check this figuring it would be too late. Next week for sure. :D

Was great to see the event full!

We need some good feedback about how we can make it better. Scrimming experience is fantastic in itself. What could be done so that you might learn even more?

What if the game were pausable for discussion? Could people handle that? Would it be effective?

I would also say a question/answer time would be cool....maybe even 15 minutes prior, or the first 15 minutes....simple questions like "I saw so-n-so do this, how did they do that?" or "I'm in this situation, what do I do, or what would you do?" etc, etc....

What if the game were pausable for discussion? Could people handle that? Would it be effective?

Maybe, we did something like that when we switched sides. But we didn't freeze. The only way to make it better next time is to be on mohawks team :)

Mohawk was an AWESOME team captain. It was a good game guys. Especially when I caught m2 off guard and tmp rushed him. :D

I really enjoyed the game last night. A lot of fun, and very educational.

I learned a lot and I'm a pretty slow learner. There's a lot more for me to learn to be a more effective team player.

I think I even taught the team captains something; always pick Weasel last! ;-)

Thanks a lot guys!

I would like to give a shout out to M2 for organizing last night's pub, it was indeed a very fun and educational experience. Also, Mohawk for being a great team captain, and everyone else for making it a fun time. Can't wait till next Thursday.