AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Processors

nForce 4 Motherboards

1GB DDR SDRAM

160GB Hard Drives

nVidia GeForce 6600GT PCI-Express Video

19" CRT Monitors

Plantronics Audio 350 Headsets

Microsoft Optical Intellimouse

Microsoft Windows XP Pro (optimized for gaming)

Price: $65 for the weekend

Payment: Cash when you arrive at FragFest.

The Rules:

-You can use your own keyboard, mouse etc.

-You may not make alterations to the system while you use it

-The PCs will be available Friday morning through Sunday morning

-You need to register for FFO and reserve a seat before reserving a computer

Contract / Waiver Release: Pending. Escape will provide the necessary forms. Please note this will be an agreement between you and Escape.

You must know/bring your STEAM account login and password. **********************************

1. Stutters (prefers pink)

2. Xterminator

3. Shaftiel

4. Anonymo

5. Has not a Clue

6. Ebil

7. Rashad

8. Tracid

9. Farmerisnotme

10. DragonFire

11. Playaa

12. Raw-C

13. bushmaster

14. Fat 1 (no sharp objects)

Edited by MrDuke

It was my understanding that they were going to give us the same price as last year, and I was told that we'd just go ahead and start with the reduced cost. Let me check.

Last year they started at $75 aqnd went to $60. If they want to keep it at $65, I don't think there should be too much fuss......over 5 dolla.

Shaft, they ran fine for me last year, but then again I've never had a leading edge PC at home, so it ran better than what I left behind. I enjoyed not tearing my PC down, considering I unload my entire garage attic already.

What is the last day we can reserve a PC?

Right now I'm on the fence - trying to decide if I want to tote my widescreen with me. (BTW - if I didn't have the widescreen, I'd be

renting in a heartbeat). Nice to know they are providing the mice/hedsets too.

The EscapePlay guys were great to deal with. Will they have someone onsite like they did last year?

For anyone wondering, the PCs last years were pretty good. They came preloaded with the games (a bunch of different games at the

current patch level) as well as the anti-virus stuff. IIRC, they were the first PCs up and running last year - no need to run antivirus

software and provide the proof that it was done. Just something to remember.....

If you do rent though, remember to bring your STEAMid and any and all confiog files that you may have tweaked....

Dingy, I am friends with the owners of EscapePlay - I was there helping out tech issues with the computers that they provided to use. I will be there again this year and I do believe there will be 1 other EscapePlay Staff Memeber there.

-Rez

Edited by Rezurektion

Rez, my setup:

AMD 64 3500+

ASUS A8N Deluxe

ATI x1650 512mb

1.768mb DDR RAM

is it worth breaking down my PC and dragging it all the way (well... 40 miles) or just getting a rental?

i'm debating this and looks like Fatty did it.... sooo i just can't decide.

Shadowdog,

It's worth it if you don't want to lug it to hudson, break it all down and setting it up at the lan, breaking it down again and setting it back up at home.

They are great systems, they get the job done. Yes, they aren't top of the line gfx cards/cpu but they get the job done.

And it's espessically worth it if you are coming from a distance - I.E plane ride - i personally wouldn't want to trust taking my rig on a plane and such.

I guess it's just a personal preference.

But I will be bringing my own rig, I like playing on a system that I am comfortable with - settings, programs, etc...(plus i built it, like showing off my work)

but you are allowed to bring your own custom configs for CS:S on a disk-cd-flash drive

your own mouse/keyboard/headset.

Edited by Rezurektion

i'm thinking i will break mine down and bring it... i have to take into account this is probably one of the only times this year i'll be able to personally bug people for assistance on my computer and be able to actually see a fix, not just be told what to do and screw it up like i know i will.

So they would have the PC's set up right at your station preloaded and everything? Pretty much just need to add our cfg file and that is it? Will they pack it from the ballroom as well? Is there any picking up and dropping off of equipment? I am pretty close to getting one... just need a bit more info.

So they would have the PC's set up right at your station preloaded and everything? Pretty much just need to add our cfg file and that is it? Will they pack it from the ballroom as well? Is there any picking up and dropping off of equipment? I am pretty close to getting one... just need a bit more info.

They were set up and ready to go when we opened the ballroom last year. No, we didn't have to break them down, they do all of that. I took advantage of this last year and it was a great deal. If I hadn't just spent $$$ on a new system over the winter I would do it again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Take me off the list please. I have a big project going down the week after fragfest so there is no way i'll be able to take time off. You can give my seat away too cause there is no chance of me going now. Sorry, but this is life in the military.

really sorry to hear that, panic

can someone explain to me how to make a copy of my config file. I like my current settings for umm everything. I dont want to have to go there and guess what mouse sensitivity i use and stuff like that.

find your config.cfg and put it on your flash drive....also your autoexec.cfg if you use one (which i'm guessing you don't)