How much bandwidth do you have?

Xoul

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at one point in my life I worked in the same office building as the local ISP and they let us use their network. We had 100's of gigabits of bandwidth and I literally could download 7 meg files before the download manager had time to pop up the progress bar.

those were the days.

lucky. i'm stuck at 1.5mbit until my isp gets off their butts and upgrades my area. i should be at 5mbit.

Can I guess who your ISP is? R to the ogers?

thats a funny avatar!!!

lucky. i'm stuck at 1.5mbit until my isp gets off their butts and upgrades my area. i should be at 5mbit.

nope, sympatico. rogers in my area is quite good. our cable got cut by some yard work a number of years back and we switched to expressvu satellite. plus rogers has caps and i dl and ul about 100gb each per month so that wouldn't work for me.

nope, sympatico. rogers in my area is quite good. our cable got cut by some yard work a number of years back and we switched to expressvu satellite. plus rogers has caps and i dl and ul about 100gb each per month so that wouldn't work for me.

The top speed you can get has no caps and I get a solid 6mbs down 800kbs up from speedtest.net

Even still its pricey and probably not entirely worth it ($50/month)

mmmm

Last Result:

Download Speed: 28517 kbps (3564.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 4412 kbps (551.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

speakeasy speedtest

lol i actually beat your download at 29324 but my upload is only 900 (work connection)

I think the download would of gone faster if it was bigger file, kept going up