Vowels

mookie

In some languages, they don't bother writing the vowels down. Is English going the same way? It seems like half the people that write don't know the difference between then and than, your and you're, or there, their, and they're, so anyone reading has to figure out what each one means purely by context anyway.

It's called laziness or dumbness.....you choose. Maybe lack of parenting, but we won't touch that one. You could stretch and take a stab at schools but I won't buy that one for a second.

Of course we all make typos and gramatical errors here and there, but I know what you're talking about, mookey

I use short acronyms sometimes while playing CSS to joke, but I also hate it when people don't even look their words over. I've seen some really bad posts on big forums such as the Vanguard: Saga of Heroes message board and Guildwarsguru.com, a Guild Wars fan site.

In some languages, they don't bother writing the vowels down. Is English going the same way? It seems like half the people that write don't know the difference between then and than, your and you're, or there, their, and they're, so anyone reading has to figure out what each one means purely by context anyway.

Finally! Finally! Someone who feels the same way I do!

Mookie, you're my hero, I don't know how many times this has bugged me and even tinkleed me off!!

Another thing that irritates me is how many times people use "common" for "come on", c'mon people, it's c'mon!!!

between then and than

This is the one that drives me nuts.. The words aren't even pronounced the same!!!! At least the other words are said the same way. When Im chatting with someone I know on aim and they say something like "If your going with blue than Ill go with green". I honestly look at them as being stupid from that point on and am scared to get into an intelligent conversation with them for I am afraid that I may go over there head. (just kidding... their)

(edited)
Bad grammar online is a pet peeve of mine, but there's nothing you can do about it. The latest Firefox has a spell checker, which you think would help, but I guess not enough people use it.

i hate people who cannot use partialy correct grammar or spelling.

people don't know the difference between accept/except then/than through/threw and many others.... very sad.

Edited by ShadowDog