scout vs awp

mookie

Did a little experiment to see just how accurate the scout and awp are in CSS. Standing still, fired ten shots from each at the same spot (bound a key to +attack and didn't touch the mouse) with the 10x scope. First picture shows how far away I was, second shows the spread up close (awp on left, scout on right). When crouched though, the scout drilled out a hole just like the awp. You can try this at home. So kids, the moral of the story is crouch with your scout, otherwise you'll look stupid when you miss AFKs.

de_dust20012.jpg

de_dust20013.jpg

now do a test where you dont stop when shooting, or where you noscope...scout wins in both of those situations hands down... it is impossible to control an awp without scope or when your feet arent planted

I was thinking about this the other night actually. I rarely, if ever, crouch while shooting. I use a scout a lot and sometimes I'm surprised at the shots that should have been dead on but completely miss or miss their head. So, from now on it's crouch time (with the scout anyway and not when I'm running around)!

now do a test where you dont stop when shooting, or where you noscope...scout wins in both of those situations hands down... it is impossible to control an awp without scope or when your feet arent planted

yep, ur right. so anyone who puts a black dot on their screen can noscope a headshot! ... Hackers!.. right?.. :unsure:... :huh:... :halo:

Considering the movement of the hit box compared to what you actually see, that scout's bullet pattern might actually increase your ability to get headshots over the AWP staying it one place all the time...food for thought none-the-less mook...if I ever play CS again (June 10th) I'll keep this in mind.

It would be pretty random if your bullet was going to go towards their head or away from their head compared too where you were aiming. I'd much rather have it always dead on and take my chances with registration than too have my bullets going all over the place.

Considering the movement of the hit box compared to what you actually see, that scout's bullet pattern might actually increase your ability to get headshots over the AWP staying it one place all the time...food for thought none-the-less mook...if I ever play CS again (June 10th) I'll keep this in mind.

For that to be true you would have to be aiming everywhere except for the head. Seems like mo has that downpat!

I've been using the Scout all night. I think it's helped slightly. Right now I have 100 Scout kills with 50 head shots. Up from my previous .46 to .50 ratio. Maybe it was just a good night, I don't know.

i can strafe standing with the scout all day long and pop heads like pimples, it's all in how u stop pause and in the timing.. the awp i can so similar but i'm not as good with it (from what i recall stedanko is a mean awper when it comes to that, although a scout'll get him every time :) ) and i used to use a dot on my screen just to get me in the habit of always looking at the middle, don't need it anymore tho :)