FragFestOhio 2007 T-Shirt Design

Bubblegum Bandit

FFO 07 T-Shirt Design  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Look fullsize, believe it or not it makes a difference. This is the initial concept drawing for the 07 Shirts. The design is due to the printer in the next week or so. Have a vote on your favorite one and provide any constructive criticism you might have. Keep in mind, this is going to be screen printed on a tshirt. Some details are hard to transfer from a photoshop type design to a screen print.

tshirt_rev1c.jpg

tshirt_rev1d.jpg

tshirt_rev1e.jpg

I chose #1, but the whole "seeing down the barrel of a gun" thing doesn't actually work when the outer edge actually ends in a blurry line. Still...it doesn't look bad, it just looks like a pinwheel rather than the barrel of a gun.

(edited)

I like #1 with the FF font from #3. Not wild about the shadowed font's in 1 and 2. The shadow font looks like it was printed out of register to me (and I print shirts everyday at work) The single font is just cleaner and easier to read. Also I don't like the multi CT images in the barrel of the gun. To me it looks like someone with a very slow computer and they're getting lag/rubber banding. Other than that, the designs are spiffy. :D

I voted 1, but will wear any of them with pride. :D

Edited by Wolfsblood

Playaa: The idea was that the gunbarrel would be somewhat scratched on the inside I would assume. I agree it doesn't exactly look like a gunbarrel, but I'm not sure you could make it look exactly like that. Between the shape and the theme motif I think it is somewhat apparent though. I do understand what you mean though.

Wolf: You have a good eye. I had the same inclination about the drop shadow, that's why the 3rd one doesn't have it. To see if anyone would notice.....I like it without as well.

We can pretty much pick any color shirt we want to go with. I just started the design with a white background. As far as the yellow goes, if you've been to the site you know the theme/colors include this yellow. I think we'll be sticking with it. Here are a couple more I worked up real quick....one with a black background to simulate a black shirt and another white one without the drop shadow and a little change in the barrel look.

tshirt_rev1f.jpg

tshirt_rev1g.jpg

Wolf: You have a good eye. I had the same inclination about the drop shadow, that's why the 3rd one doesn't have it. To see if anyone would notice.....I like it without as well.

Heh, I would hope I have a good eye, been a screenprinter for over 10 years between part-time and my full time job. :) I also like 2.1 (logo on black with the yellow fading out somewhat at the bottom) although I do like the way the gun barrel is "scratched" in 2.2 Adding that to 2.1 might give the logo on black a bit of a distressed/vintage look.

If 2.2 is ultimately chosen, I agree with Stutters, there should be a black rule around the gold type. That should help the type pop off the shirt. We've had customers ask us to print thin yellow/gold type without an outline before, but it always looks better with it, and since you already have a black screen for the CS guy, and the type, it's nothing to add the lines. Also if the same place prints these as did the last couple, image registration shouldn't be a problem. They did a great job on the last couple shirts, especially considering there were issues with artwork/image files a couple years ago. :peace:

• 2 weeks later...