Team Fortress 2 server?

ZeroDamage

Not the official board word but I'm pretty sure we are willing to swing this, but prob not until we see membership poking the beta a bit and saying "yes please"

We will need at least a member or two to step up and anchor the puppy if this happens... If anyone wants to volunteer...

On an unrelated note, it's 3am EDT and I'm about to drop $600 on a cpu, vidcard, and dvd rom burner. Someone should shoot me.

-Fk

Not the official board word but I'm pretty sure we are willing to swing this, but prob not until we see membership poking the beta a bit and saying "yes please"

We will need at least a member or two to step up and anchor the puppy if this happens... If anyone wants to volunteer...

On an unrelated note, it's 3am EDT and I'm about to drop $600 on a cpu, vidcard, and dvd rom burner. Someone should shoot me.

-Fk

I pulled the trigger on the Orange Box this morning, and set the games to download. They'll be installed by the time I get back from work.

So what do you mean by this "anchor the puppy" analogy? Are you looking for someone to set up the server? Admin it? Both? Something else involving actual anchors and puppies? Because if it's the latter, I'm in.

I played for about 2 hrs without realizing it today, i love it.

I have to say i love being the sniper, nobody could touch me on the server i was on, and its so much fun running around hitting kids with the bat as a scout.

So what do you mean by this "anchor the puppy" analogy? Are you looking for someone to set up the server? Admin it? Both? Something else involving actual anchors and puppies? Because if it's the latter, I'm in.

He is probably talking about taking a lead admin type role.

I have to say i love being the sniper, nobody could touch me on the server i was on, and its so much fun running around hitting kids with the bat as a scout.

Rrg that!

Rrg that!

get on aim

Rrg that!

get on aim

ok but im running around a lot

i've been playing a bit of cs and a bit of tf2 beta each night. i'll hop on when i get home, anyone else down? do we have enough interest to have the admins of css to also be admins over in tf2?

i wouldn't be super dedicated to admining but when i'm on i would gladly keep the server under control. any differences in admining tf2?

Edited by aMnesiac

For the 20 or so minutes I played this game, it was fun and frustrating. My computer crashed 3 times in those 20 minutes, and the last time siezed up my entire machine (black screen and repeating thud noise). Had to cut the power. :(

I guess that's a beta for ya. Anyone know of any fixes for someone with a 7900GT KO? I can't imagine it's anything other than a problem with my videocard drivers. I updated the drivers before starting to play this game.

Does Mani work on TF2 or will SourceMod need to be used? I've heard Mani doesn't work on Insurgency. Either that, or all the Insurgency server admins are noobs and don't know how to set it up (I haven't tried it myself). The latter is a definite possibility; Mani works with DoD:S and Hidden:Source just fine.

Does Mani work on TF2 or will SourceMod need to be used? I've heard Mani doesn't work on Insurgency. Either that, or all the Insurgency server admins are noobs and don't know how to set it up (I haven't tried it myself). The latter is a definite possibility; Mani works with DoD:S and Hidden:Source just fine.

Seems like it would be one hard game to admin

For the 20 or so minutes I played this game, it was fun and frustrating. My computer crashed 3 times in those 20 minutes, and the last time siezed up my entire machine (black screen and repeating thud noise). Had to cut the power. :(

I guess that's a beta for ya. Anyone know of any fixes for someone with a 7900GT KO? I can't imagine it's anything other than a problem with my videocard drivers. I updated the drivers before starting to play this game.

Odd I have a 7900GS and it runs fine updated my drivers for BioShock.