Show your desktop, again!

Allanon

pidgin is for noobs

**snipped the pic**

What IM client do you use? I use Pidgin mainly but I also am an admin of a Jabber/XMPP-based IM server (google Openfire) here at work so I have several IM clients installed (for troubleshooting if/when someone calls). I have Pidgin, Trillian, Exodus, Psi, and Adium on my mac. That one you have looks very much like Pidgin anyway.

I get bored easily with mine.

desktoporangeffxk4.jpg

The toolbar on the bottom is actuallyl my desktop and that goes away when I move my mouse off of it.

Also, lousiest.. suck on this:

lemonG.gif

A zested lemon just for you. ;)

When i get the time, Ill take a pic of my Vista logon screens with my camera, since Print Screen doesnt work for logon screens lol.

What IM client do you use?
meebo @ work, adium on my mac, and digsby on my pc. digsby beats em all, and not for the social networking integration (which most people pitch a tent over). i lean heavily on google apps for my email, and being able to tie into all my accounts is awesome.

Hmm, I'm not all about the social networking...and I use Outlook for most of my e-mail (about 8 different accounts) so meh. I've bookmarked it and might give it a bit of a go just in case I get a support call from someone using it (although it's not on our "suggested" list of clients so I have a little leeway there).

• 4 weeks later...
Nice pic, and dual screens are making me jealous!

you should make ur quick launch tool bar icons large, since u have the space.

you can do that?

yes...

i see u have ur taskbar locked.

unlock it.

right-click on the far left vertical adjustment handles (your cursor should look like two arrows pointing away from each other)

then slide over to View

There are a few other things u can do in there, title, text. etc.

(edited)

awesome thanks man. they're now forever big.

btw, is there a way to lock the gadgets where they are on the dt? i'd like to do what you have but i'm afraid i'd click them too often by accident.

Edited by Cujo

(edited)
awesome thanks man. they're now forever big.

btw, is there a way to lock the gadgets where they are on the dt? i'd like to do what you have but i'm afraid i'd click them too often by accident.

NP.

Not that I know of... I keep them low, so I dont click on them while trying to move windows around and x'ing them out or things like that. If there was an option, i'd use it too. Sometimes I just want to click on the gadget and i end up moving it. I'm anal about keeping things lined up and looking nice.

What I did want to do it have them almost "anchor" to the sides of the screen, but there must be a margin or something that everytime i restart the computer, they move in towards the middle away from the sides.

Still reading forums to figure out how to change it in the registry, if possible.

I have that background, Zester. I found lots of cool ones like that, but forget where. :)

Yea, I just google High Def or high resolution wallpapers and get them off sites.

Bushwack, nice background, looks so real and creepy.

Edited by ZesteR

(edited)

there you go with that 1024x600 business. (it was you last time wasn't it?) imageshack.us ppl. just make sure you hit don't resize. this forum does the resizing for you.

not a big fan of the colour but it looks cool. what is it?

btw, might want to stop that avg scan before you play any cs.

Edited by Cujo