Need Wii - Will Pay Locator Fee!

Fatty

GC Founder

craigslist.....<shudders>

Anyone remember that story?

anyhoo, prices are pretty much high on any sales / auctions.....dads everywhere are looking for Christmas gifts....price is up.I'm lookin for some help, and offerin a little perk. Granted, if you could get one you could probably make more than $50 over the top on it....this is true, but one could hope!

I bought mine a month ago with the sole intention of making as much money as possible by waiting until the Christmas rush. If I wasn't so broke right now with Christmas right around the corner I would definitely cut you a deal, Fatty. It is sitting on Ebay right now with a 'buy it now' at 499.00. Doubt if it will go at that. Going to put it up for auction in about a week.

Be sure to talk to all the stores, sometimes they will give you tips on how to get one. Walmart.com has them for 677 but they come with 7 games you choose. So you really aren't paying much over retail. I don't like it because there are no extra wii remotes in the deal.

GC Founder

Aight, I've called like 7 or 8 places and I'm already done with that game....

ToyRUs: No we don't

Me: When do you expect some?

Toy: We should have some tomorrow

Me: Are people still lining up for this?

Toy: Yes, we open at 9, people start lining up around 5.

Me, to wife after call: They start lining up around 5, they open at 9, they should have 20.

Wife: Better get some sleep.

Me: Better stop smoking crack.

Aight, I've called like 7 or 8 places and I'm already done with that game....

ToyRUs: No we don't

Me: When do you expect some?

Toy: We should have some tomorrow

Me: Are people still lining up for this?

Toy: Yes, we open at 9, people start lining up around 5.

Me, to wife after call: They start lining up around 5, they open at 9, they should have 20.

Wife: Better get some sleep.

Me: Better stop smoking crack.

LMAO!!

lol. I didn't realize it was that bad.C'mon, Fatty, its for the kids! This could actually work out really good for you. Earn some major brownie points with the wife and kids. Those always come in handy.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/sdsearch.php?...&search=wiiIF you sit there all day and keep refreshing you might get something.

Edited by ConGregation

They are all over ebay...expect to pay minimum of 410 bucks. I guess if you gotta have one now...you're gonna have to pay the price. Gotta love human nature...hold out till the right time, then financially rape your fellow man...ahhhhhh, refreshing.

granted it wasnt the holiday season, but got mine a few months ago by just stopping by the 'gamestop' stores whenever I would pass one or had time. took about 3-4 times and then once i stopped in...car running in front of store..didnt even park, he says...yeah we got em.

I've got two new ones with the intention of selling them on ebay too. And Clueless, I don't consider it "financial rape"... other people could have bought them earlier in the year too. Buy low, sell high. :)

Fatty -- perhaps you could sweeten the deal in other ways. If someone has a new one, they could easily make $150 or more on ebay. Perhaps you could do a finders fee + GC perks (membership? Admin? Free entry to FragFest?).

I would LOVE to have a wii. I think they are awesome! But I can't afford one. I was hoping to find enough to sell on ebay to justify keeping one for myself. My kids won't get one until tax refund time (hopefully).

If people are willing to pay the money is that rape? Sure we are holding them over a barrel so to speak but this is all a result of the commercialization of Christmas (something I detest). People just have to get their kids what they want at any cost. I guess I just can't turn down an easy dollar.

GC Founder

I'm starting to give consideration to grabbing my gigundous orange hunting outfit that allows me to sleep in trickling water / freezing weather (true story) and just going up there tomorrow morning and camping out....however.....if I wait/sleep in line for 4 hours...and they don't have them....well, I guess I could say I was wearing my hunting gear for a real purpose then.....