friend of mine died today

Preacher

(edited)

A guy I was in basic with was killed today by a sniper at around 3am last night. I happen to know another guy in his unit and he IMed me just now. He was a good guy and he has 4 kids pray for his wife and family. Grant will be missed but today he sits in a better place since he knows Jesus.

Edited by Preacher

Sorry to hear that Preacher. I just told the family and you and his family will be in our prayers tonight. It's easy to forget as we sit in our sports bar or recline to our home entertainment that at the same time, in another place, others are not so fortunate

(edited)

I appreciate it guys, his wife Claire is taking it very hard. I knew before her so I called the family yesterday evening and informed her. Not a job I liked but it can be a few days for the Govt. to get all the details and do the call. I called her mom and brother for her and they are going to help her through it. I wish I could fly down to Texas and be with them myself but money is just too tight. Anyway I appriciate your prayers and I know Claire and the kids do as well.

Edited by Preacher