Fill er up!

Magruter

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get a good 400+ miles per tank in my car, and my work is about an 8 mile round trip per day... lol there are some months that I only fill the tank once.

I rode the bus a ton in Madison, and while it took quite a bit longer, there were a lot of ... interesting ... people on the bus. Gas would have to go up past 15 bucks a gallon before I would do that again. Id bike to work before I did that.

i rode the bus to work for a good 2 months or so. i can't say i saw too many interesting people until I rode it on a saturday afternoon then it was a bit different.

I suppose you should probably include whatcha yer paying.

$3.75-3.79 in Madison.

And Yes sucks to be a power boater, I have a buddy with a power boat with a 2 150 gallon tanks, it's well over a grand to fill it up... I have not interest in burning 0.2 MPG on the water.

about 10 cents more then that here in Oregon

The gas price over here in Montreal, Canada is, if i calculated correctly, since ours is in liters and canadian dollars,

about 5.27$ per gallon!

Um, like duh! The dollar sign goes on the other side!

Not in French it doesn't...Kage...keep that stuff outa here! :biglaugha:

Also, consider New Brunswick gas prices, they tend to be the highest in the country...right now probably $1.50/litre

Not too sure what the gas price is here in Brooklyn. I fill up about once every 2 months, if that. Usually someone will borrow my car, and fill up the tank for me when they return it. But I would guess filling up my tank would run about 60-70 dollars (premium gas).

You guys need to move to an urban center, esp. you kruten. I lived in GA for 26 years and Pelham is WAAAAAY south GA. You ain't lying when you say, nothing happens down there.

And for all you other folks I'd look into getting one of these bad boys:

Aptera

Well that sucks for you all...I fill up maybe once a month and avg 48mpg and filling up last time was about $40-45. I think it was around $3.38 the other day I filled up. :)

PRIUS FTW!!!!

Well that sucks for you all...I fill up maybe once a month and avg 48mpg and filling up last time was about $40-45. I think it was around $3.38 the other day I filled up. :)

PRIUS FTW!!!!

I thought only girls drove Prius... :unsure:

PRIUS FTW!!!!

is that avg 48mpg city or highway? i'm thinking about getting a NEV (

I do not do a WHOLE lot of highway driving, but with maybe 200 highway miles a month and the other miles being city driving.

don't prius get better gas mileage in city driving anyways?

Right... It does about 10% better in city driving due to electric only mode when you baby the gas pedal.

2010 Prius is supposed to have a new front end design but the rear end will be almost the same as now. The big news is that it's supposed to have a brand new battery technology instead of the Li-ion that's supposed to be lighter and smaller.

Joke aside... I think the Prius are the best hybrid for now.

(edited)

4 reasons why biking to work is ftw!

1. It doesn't cost me any gas

2. It takes no more than 20 minutes

3. I skip all the rush hour trafic!

4. It keeps me in shape.

Edited by KagE

The most I've paid is $3.99 a gallon (for premium) and that tank cost me $58 something I believe, but I'll be buying gas today, and it's up over $4 now.

Also, Mass Transit is not viable for me--right now. I'm moving though, and will be closer to work, so it may be a possibility. Right now, I live 45.5 miles from work, and there's nothing in mass transit that will get me there, so...oh well.

Not too sure what the gas price is here in Brooklyn. I fill up about once every 2 months, if that. Usually someone will borrow my car, and fill up the tank for me when they return it. But I would guess filling up my tank would run about 60-70 dollars (premium gas).

You guys need to move to an urban center, esp. you kruten. I lived in GA for 26 years and Pelham is WAAAAAY south GA. You ain't lying when you say, nothing happens down there.

And for all you other folks I'd look into getting one of these bad boys:

Aptera

haha Aptera that thing is a joke! I will admit the idea of it's awesome... good step forward to combat the energy crisis of today... but that thing would get decimated in a wreck.

i don't even want to know the 0-60

I plan to get out of GA as soon as I'm done with school. I would ride a bike a lot, but with the 90+ degree weather and the humidity, I don't like getting to my destination soaked in sweat.