GC needs games!

Flitterkill

After further review, my excitement allowed me to overreact to the Age of Chivalry Mod. I liked the pics, I liked what I read, and I saw a BUNCH of servers on Steam, but after playing it a bit myself, I am not so sure about it. It is fun, mostly because it's new, but it would be a flash in the pan, it just doesn't seem to be a game that would hold interest very long. Not too mention the developers didn't seem to use the Source engine to the fullest...the graphics and gameplay could be better.

There are a few other mods on Steam that also look interesting, anyone else tried any of them?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zombies always wear off fast...I would think that we need to do something that will keep people wanting to play, not just something now and then when the mood strikes, not that it wouldn't be fun once in a while.

Haven't tried Left 4 Dead, is it any good?

(edited)

Its an amazing co-op game and so much thats what makes it so fun. + Zombies . Left 4 Dead looks pretty similar but its not out yet. Plus ZP is free if you have HL2.

Edited by eXile

Well, Scopeless isn't doing anything at all...so maybe in the spirit of Halloween, we can put Zombie Panic on there, keeping in mind that it will most likely be temporary, but we'll see.

Gotta get the green light first though, but i'll see what I can do.

Zombie Panic:Source

It's in progress, can't say when, but as soon as it's up, i'll make a formal announcement.

The timing depends on our server provider, but it's a done deal.

Will reserves also be available for this? It seems that all of the half decent servers are full most of the time and it would be nice to be able to get in without the wait :)

Zombie Panic:Source

It's in progress, can't say when, but as soon as it's up, i'll make a formal announcement.

The timing depends on our server provider, but it's a done deal.

Will reserves also be available for this? It seems that all of the half decent servers are full most of the time and it would be nice to be able to get in without the wait :)

I would assume that it will function just the same as far as reserves and stuff...I did some reading and haven't seen anyone complaining of problems...we will see :)

Ive been playing Age of Chivalry too, very fun. Apparantly both ZP and AoC have been around but its just recently that steam supported them.

An AoC server would be awesome as its hard to find a more mature server with less 5 kids arguing @ once.

Can someone explain the concept of a private WoW server to me? Wouldn't the server population be quite limited, making raids/pvp difficult?

this does = exactly 100% suck... the fun of the game is PVP.. ohhh yeah.

folks, at this point we're just gathering ideas. please save the "i don't think this would work because..." posts for another thread. if you have a game to contribute, please post. gonna trim these other posts so we can keep this easy to follow.

thanks!

i decree Diablo 2 people! bring back the blizz classic!

ZP has a learning curve, you need to learn the maps, get used to the inventory system and get a feeling for how the zombies move and attack.

This is not just a zombie mod for CS. For the survivors to win (find a good server with some experienced players and the zombies hardly ever win) you need a good strategy and lots of team work, especially for the objective based maps.

Also, stay away from survival maps, they tend to be the boring ones.

DO IT!!!!!!!! Its still the one of the top played games!

But I suppose you won't do it because you're scared that I might come back and play games :)

You're old and rusty now. Spray ftw.

:)