No Harm in Dropping our Name

Fatty

GC Founder
TaPe,Apr 4 2003, 11:07 PM]
TaPe,Apr 4 2003, 10:34 PM]
Someone step up here.  Someone step up, take your large balls in your hand, and tell me you're not coming back here.

Here as in your fourMmmms or your servers? Or both?

Well?

I've already said what could be seen as offensive. I can't expect you all to see from your POV, but when you're part of one of the clans he referred to, you see things differently.

Here. Both. Here. Everywhere related to Mmmm.

Remind me where I referred to a clan. I'm referring to people.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
Two different teams from our community have gone to GD for servers, but didn't mention us during their set up.  While their marketing guy is forgiving this time, he needs to see our name right off the bat, in the box, on the sign up page (in the how did you hear about us type place).

There.

Two different teams from our community have gone to GD for servers, but didn't mention us during their set up. While their marketing guy is forgiving this time, he needs to see our name right off the bat, in the box, on the sign up page (in the how did you hear about us type place).

We don't feel this is putting anyone out too far, but just returning us a favor as we try to keep a growing community bound not only in the servers during game-time, but as friends outside of the servers, promoting good discussions and, yippe yippe, a fun Lan party coming up this summer!

So, if you don't mind, keep this in mind, and spread the word, that if anyone from the community signs up, they can help support us by mentioning Mmmm in the infamous box.

Tape tell me how he belittled either of those teams in this post. He just gave a friendly reminder to somethign that could save them some money? Whats wrong with this? Maybe you need to recognize that Cane was in the wrong when he jumped all over fattys back about it. I like Cane alot, he's a really good guy...but he was just wrong here. And your just making the situation worse Tape with your little snippy comments. Stop trying to be so cunning and smart and just read the words.

Woah...fatty posted while I was typing this. We said the same things though.

Well said

GC Founder

Ok, didn't know but you must be on st7.

Ok, when you signed up, whoever signed you up, you didn't mention Mmmm. What's your point? Now, you'd be wrong to concentrate on this paragraph out of context, so don't forget to consider some of the above statements when reading:

Point blank, if you mention us when you go to rent your Game Daemon's server, it helps us out.
Now, our goal here does not just reside in Mmmm, but to the community. We have gone forward with another server to promote the real teamwork behind the game. I encourage you to stop by Meritocracy when you see a game going.

and look at some of the things I said after that:

We don't feel this is putting anyone out too far, but just returning us a favor as we try to keep a growing community bound not only in the servers during game-time, but as friends outside of the servers, promoting good discussions and, yippe yippe, a fun Lan party coming up this summer!
Look here, I say if YOU don't mind (who am I addressing? anyone and everyone):
So, if you don't mind, keep this in mind, and spread the word, that if anyone from the community signs up, they can help support us by mentioning Mmmm in the infamous box.

We don't plan to lower Mmmm's membership dues as GD sponsors us more and more, we would only plan to provide the community with more services. So, I ask you, take advantage of this opportunity when you make the move to Game Daemons. Thanks in advance!

The closing. Was that a bit rough? I don't mean to be sarcastic, but whoa, I was really commanding, rough, and threatening there, wasn't I?

No, your mistake is taking one paragraph out of my entire post, removing it from its obvious context, and targeting yourself with fabricated meaning.

i didnt even know about this thread until fat brought it up in a PM while we were discussing the GD server, i had no clue this was goin on, or i woulda said something. first off, to TaPe's defense, and i know him rather well, he has a very strong sense of doing what he thinks is the right thing. this means that he did see this, and did post because he thought his opinions were vital to the discussion, NOT because he was coerced into supporting by someone under attack. i am completely sure he did it on his own time, and for his own sake. i really dont know what to make of all this. i told fat privately that i would support him with GD, and i plan to follow that through, but i really dont know whats goin on anymore in this community. crap like this starts goin down and it makes one wonder if he even wants to be associated with the people who line up on either side and just start firing away.

on one hand we have the fat-supporters (we all know they are there) and on the other is kinda like the underground rebellion or something. i really dont consider myself either so i am pretty objective. there are people like me who just check these forums to see whats goin on, and people who check them five times an hour. anywho, let me state how i, as objectively as possible, saw what happened here.

Fat makes a post requesting that people who sign up for GD put him down, okay, cool. in his post, he worded so it was almost the responsibility of someone who wanted to be in the community to say there name. well, that kinda disturbed me a bit, but i thought, whatever, he DID ask me personally (pm) and i said i would, so i did. i saw canes post and thought, yea i can see where he is comin from, but that was a little out of line. i saw the cane-bashing, didnt like that one bit, totally uncalled for by people who shouldnt even be in this thread (much like me right now) but they all made up, and it was good. then the crap started up again. tape apparently noticed the thread and went to defend his opinion and how it is conceivable that one may have thought the things cane evidently did. he pointed out how Mmmm does not = community, and i know personally it has seemed to me like they have tried to be the center of it. again, that does not bother me since im not weak willed and can make my own choices about which servers i play on. so this rediculous crap continues, tape and fat get into it, and i thought both parties made some good points, but in the end it was all for nought. i beleive tapes account was unjustly deleted, but my opinion does not matter in this sense. i really think the worst part about this is that it took a little over a day for something this bad to hit 100 posts.. that says it all right there. people need to step back and breathe. and other people need to stay the hell out of conversations that dont entail them.

whew.

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

Fatty, while you're at it, delete my account too. Thanks.

just read the whole topic.

<gasp>

i see good views and bad ones in here. not gunna metion to who are what i dont wanna get involved.

Just like zweih, i didnt even know this whole thing was happeing. Scary stuff.

Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guests
cane cane cane...after as long as we all have been playing together, you bust out this p00...shame on you.

it was my mistake not adding Mmmm to the box (hell i even ordered a halflife death match server initially instead of CS). im glad i can give back to the community in this or that way. Whether it be plugins, web/forum setup,  advice of any kind, or even a referal to GD of Mmmm.

----- back to bashing cane

how's your pro-gameing life going cane? are u 1337 making 6 figures yet.

quit AD, quit DOH, quit dTk, how long u gonna hang with st7...till they lose...until your nexium runs out?

maybe you should just quit the community, oh wait you already did, why are you still here?  :=

cane i've held back for some time but, i no longer respect you and your 'tude (nice Rev), you are a whiny disgruntled 17year old that's very confused about what seems to be life. get your head outa yer donkey and realize that you actually have friends all around you yet you continue to be as raw as a 1 grit sanding wheel. life is more important than CS, maybe you need to find one sooner rather than later.

lose the 'tude and again, shame on you for being such an donkey.

m0m

owner of fattysatyrant.com

banner_dlmevol.gif

logo.gif

tHAT was a great post...but im not going to get in this argument

a simple putting Mmmm in a box turned into flamewars...jeesh...i dont wanna become old

:)

GC Founder
and i know personally it has seemed to me like they have tried to be the center of it.

I just need to address this one statement that is probably the source of a LOT of peoples issues with us. Mmmm just does. Plain and simple. We don't have members that walk around on ego trips, else they wouldn't be with us. We don't ask people to do one thing over another.

It concerns me that anyone sees us as "trying" to be the center. I'm really glad you said this, Zweih, because I think you hit on the heart of it. This post is not to you, but to all.

We host a league that has had 4 complete seasons. We have a popular set of forums. We have active servers and work hard to keep them that way, and also try to actively keep a positive atmosphere during the play. We offer advertisements for other teams, and include their servers on our status page. We give people forums if they want to try their hand at moderating. We open up Teamspeak channels and offer channels to the community. We host an HLTV server when appropriate so people can watch matches. We make public our admin setup and policy, and offer a forum for feedback. We organize a LAN game in Ohio and invite people from everywhere to come and meet each other and have some good times.

Having and doing all this has put us in a central position in this community, no question about it. Most players have come to utilize many of the above opportunities, and here and there they thank us for some of the things we do. Sadly, some people still see all of this as our "attempts" or "tries" at taking more than our share. I guess I'm left with this question: Do you see us as a group that takes or gives? When you're around us, in our forums, playing in our server, do you feel like you're among friends at a country club or do you feel like you're visiting a prison?

Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guests

2 respectable people's accts deleted cause of words spoken. Hey, they asked for it tho.

I don't want to get involved myself as this is between 2 dif parties. Its scary, like bugs said, to see all this happen. I wish it never came to this. But you have to give this man some credit.

He has a family to take care of and has a full time job.

He doesn't have to be doing this to please you. He does cause he loves the game and enjoys the company of many around here.

This CS crap is on his own personal time, and while people go out partying, drinking. He chooses to run a community of CS members. He tries is darndest to make things go OK. Cut the guy some slack and have fun.

I noticed myself in his server I have been sometimes grouchy and I kind of take it out on the other players by my words spoken. I adressed this with him and have been in a better mood since and try not to let my feelings follow in game.

I commend him for what he does as I don't think ANY of you can do the same he has. Sure people may have differences but thats life. Always watch what you say to people.

So lets all please take note of this thread and let it never happen again cause I for one don't want to see something like this happen again and I don't think others do either. Everyone is a blast to play with and I have noticed that. The humor in game is what makes it for me around here. Lets keep it fun and not let it turn into some junk like this again. Good day all.

TeKNiK

Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guests
...jeesh...i dont wanna become old

Ill state it again

I find it rather funny how the DOH boys really like to gang up and swallow a post with their im right your wrong attitude...and if you dont agree than take a walk.

take a hike and shut your pie-hole. you, for the past 3 years, have had your head so FAR up fatty's rear that your brain can't function alone without first seeing what fatty has to say. You opinion means nothing and will always mean NOTHING.

HOW DARE YOU MAKE A GENERALIZED NEGATIVE STATEMENT ABOUT DOH.

SCREW YOU and your crappy attitude.

Now, about this thread...

this thread has taken a turn for the worst in more ways than I've seen any other thread take.

First off, Fatty was simply asking for a favor when signing up for GD servers. I don't think he is demanding anything. He was merely asking for a return favor that will make the difference in a person putting a blank in the sign up field or Mmmm in that field. Takes 2 seconds.

But, something like this is usually in the category of things that shouldn't need to be mentioned. It should just be a natural thing for ppl signing up to do if they indeed decided to go with GD because of Mmmm. The fact that it was MENTIONED is what makes some ppl feel uncomfortable. Cane was uncomfortable and so was TaPe. Cane basically posted his feelings the wrong way and the entire community came down on him.

But let me say, I understand Fatty's fiery response to this. I am a man of principle. My decisions are governed by a core set of virtues that I find are core to my self. If someone were to question that, I would have responded in the same manner as Fatty. But I also think that there is a lot of misinterpretation here and a lot of reading too far into a post (very common on the internet). This usually happens when there is dirty laundry that hasn't been aired and I see it from all parties involved. No one is left innocent in this mess. The escalation that has taken place in this thread will probably have led to a great divide which may not be repairable. This is very unfortunate. To top it off, I am very certain that a lot of ppl were riding on emotion rather than logical thinking which makes it much more unfortunate that it has led to this. Will the community be the same after this? I doubt it. We will definitely see change from this point forward. Is this how you guys wanted it? If so, you got it. Is this how it should have become, I dare say not.

Regarding this being Mmmm's forums and Mmmm's server, I think there is fundamentally a flaw in that this forum isn't exactly a community forum and the server itself isn't exactly a community server. It is the closest thing to one, but it isn't exactly that. A true community area would be a community where everyone chips in to pay, run and govern the community. The fact that Mmmm is the one that pays, runs and governs and at the SAME time, speak on BEHALF of the entire community is a contradiction in itself. We have been witness to this in this thread when fatty repeatedly makes reference to the community as a whole. This is probably the source of the word "tyrant". I'm not saying that it is a bad thing and that it needs to change, I'm just saying that when we say community, we should be saying Mmmm's community.

Regarding ppl bundling cane and TaPe's response with DOH, i'd just shut up and keep quiet if I were you. DOH is run very differently than any of would think. We are a bunch of free thinkers who have opinions of our own, individually. We are governed simply by the love of the game. We have no set leaders and we can, and often have, disagree with each other greatly. We have our own thoughts about issues and are not influenced by each others views. That is why DOH has and will continue to be very selective with the ppl who are in DOH. We do not take followers, only leaders, and that is why I take FULL OFFENSE to anyone, and I mean ANYONE, who puts labels on us w/o understanding our makeup.

This leads me to the fall of TaPe in these forums. For those of you who do not know TaPe, he is a highly principled and very mature individual. This is something i find very rare in these parts. Given that, he is also a VERY passionate fellow. He fights for what he believes in and he is fearless in his battles. The fact that ppl brand his views as simply supporting cane is unnerving. People too often speak up w/o understanding the position he is coming from. But I do agree that his passion has led him too far in this case. But I do understand where he is coming from because I know him better than the generally community. Its just sad to see ppl quickly judge ppl, from all sides.

Anyways, this thread has reached new heights and it is very very unfortunate that this type of thing has happened. This type of thing happens too often in these parts. Is it Mmmm's ego? Partly. Is it general negativity? Partly. But one thing is for certain, it is clear that this is Mmmm's community, nothing more, nothing less. Defining this place a just a "community" would be highly inaccurate.

We don't have members that walk around on ego trips

yes you do. not many, but they do exist.

Having and doing all this has put us in a central position in this community, no question about it. Most players have come to utilize many of the above opportunities, and here and there they thank us for some of the things we do. Sadly, some people still see all of this as our "attempts" or "tries" at taking more than our share.

You are not attempting or trying to take more share. This is Mmmm's community and it is well deserved. The only thing I see inconsistent is messages from Mmmm that say it is a general community. This isn't meant to be negative (its disturbing that i have to put a disclaimer on every post now. blah).

Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guests

I say go back to normal AND CLOSE THIS THread before like 20 accounts get deleted..

Guest InSaNiTy
Guest InSaNiTy
Guest InSaNiTy
Guests
I say go back to normal AND CLOSE THIS THread before like 20 accounts get deleted..

If you do not want to read it simply dont click here.