No Harm in Dropping our Name

Fatty

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dammit chief, reread the post as if i said it in a positive light. which i did. i have nothing against DOH, or any other guild or clan for that matter. I just said that DOH and Mmmm are two different, independant guilds. Just as TF and Mmmm are different guilds. By all means, we can play together and have a good time chatting in each others forums, but neither of us have a place critisizing the other's servers, or policies.

Ok...well, here goes...

First off, when I did read Fatty's post, I thought the same thing Cane did, but also thought that Fatty didn't mean it that way and did it respectfully. So...I continued to say nothing. I don't really care now because this topic has just blown up...but I do see it a different way than most of you do.

I know Fatty through playing CS with him and maybe a chat here and there on AIM. I can never judge who he is or how he lives because the internet is decieving. You might know the people you play with and enjoy their company, but you don't know them as a real friend unless you do take the strong time to know them. For example, Raiden/CS_Sniper/Elite_Sniper...Everyone hated him on CS and online, and I don't blame you, but in real life...the guy couldn't hurt a fly. Most of you would probably like him. I guess Im saying that most(keyword there...MOST) people have two lives...their social worldly one and their internet gaming life. I try to keep them as similar as possible, but I don't reveal things to you guys I would someone I really know. Maybe the DOH guys, but thats my clan and I know them more than the rest of the community. I also tend to see that the older the player gets, the more they put their real life into CS and online.

As a community we help each other through different ways. As some of you has said that Mmmm is the center or it is the Mmmm community. I think about it two ways...One...hey, they are the oldest and the first clan to be involved with it and got this thing together and organized. Two...Mmmm gives back to the community. Look at these forums...Soooo many topics and posts, everywhere, this is where a lot of us spend some time on our computers and keyboards...they are the Mmmm forums, but look at them, they are moderated and upheld by different people that are part of DOH, Mmmm, TF, MwR, clanless...everybody has some thing to do with it. That is whats great. Just the other day...I noticed Metiocracy was empty and I connected because Fox was full and I don't ping well in trop. I helped get a good 5v5 going and Fatty entered and told everyone that he was coming in to get a game going...well it was already there. So, instantly, we had scrim like maps and rounds...fun times! Yes, MwR was there, Mmmm was there, I was there...thats why it was fun.

I can see the view of both sides here and there have been some pretty noble and wise posts here. An interesting read if I do say so myself. It is a pity it came to acquitting some accounts and lost in each other's respect. I also think its sad that we took this so seriously that it came to this. I would think that we are better than this. Im glad that some people are getting out what they have wanted to say, but I don't think all of it is coming out and that is what makes this community tender. We can't help each other if we don't know each other's problems. Some people obviously see Fatty and Mmmm as the community. I don't see it like that. I see it as the starters of one of the most prosperous CS neighborhoods and as DJ said, deserve to be the center of it. They want to put in the time to keep a large forums, they want to organize and provide a community season, thats what Mmmm is doing for our pleasure and its not easy. Can most of us honestly say that we have done something to better this community in staying strong and help even other clans? I know I have...

So...to wrap things up, I am simply stating on the community...not TaPe, Fatty, or Cane's controversy. As far as Im concerned, that is dealt with. I believe that Cane and TaPe made good decisions. I also Agree with DJ and his posts. Also Chief's posts as well. I cannot disagree with any Mmmm here either because their opinions are stated well too and I agree with them in the aspect they are coming from. I agree with Wilco...he apologized for stating DOH...I accept that.

Different people have different views and opinions and some people take one comment and look at it this way and others take it and look at it the other way. Think of the picture that is black and white...Some look at it as a Vase or Glass, while others see it as two heads looking at one another. People are like that on the internet because no one ACTUALLY knows who they are talking to or commenting on. People stand up for what they believe and Im one of them. Although, I tend to not do it online because I know that everything here isn't going to effect my social or if I may "real" life. So...Get online, help one another, and keep the peace...

Lata,

[CCC]Raven

Raven is like Doogie Howser, Dr. Ruth and Dr. Phil rolled into one high school student.

Chief

(prolly cuz he's in DOH)

((Definitely JUST kidding about the DOH thing to make light of the situation))

(((But serious about the compliment)))

((((But exaggerating...however you spell it))))

But, something like this is usually in the category of things that shouldn't need to be mentioned. It should just be a natural thing for ppl signing up to do if they indeed decided to go with GD because of Mmmm. The fact that it was MENTIONED is what makes some ppl feel uncomfortable. Cane was uncomfortable and so was TaPe. Cane basically posted his feelings the wrong way and the entire community came down on him.

"The" community is not divided here. Looks like 3 ppl of say 150 were made to feel "uncomfortable". Fatty, maybe you need to throw a few more logs on the fire.. This too shall pass. The elders have spoken.

Kurtz, i hate you too.. :angry:

ummm.... anyone wanna play a game of chess? what happened to Sargon Squares? 8P)

*realizes the Chess King of Community Crown on head is tarnishing*

I'm sure someone else out there is a better player :)

As for the topic... Gj job my fine feathered friend :) I couldn't have said it any better than you (literally, I gots me a horrible vocabulary)

but here's my 2 cents... which I can't really afford b/c I just bought my new machine :D

Chief lay off the parenthesis man... (they're addictive)

Mmmm: Luv ya guys up until you let maggie in ;)

DOH: Well.... you guys know how I feel. luv you guyz too... cept Kurtz... whom we all hate ;)

Ummm... everyone else SEE YA IN GAME AND HAPPY FRAGGIN! Also... had the joy of playing de_deadlock on Meri last night... d/l this map ASAP it r0x0rs!

wanders after g0ot on page 1 to see if he wants company on that walk

**EDIT*** it's "nunchuku" with an "N" not with an M