No Harm in Dropping our Name

Fatty

i wasn't trying to say that because this is Mmmm's community it is a bad thing. All I was trying to say is the following:

1) they deserve to call it their community

2) it has many positive aspects to it

3) also has some negative aspects to it

4) for Mmmm to just be consistent in the message so there is no confusion

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

take a hike and shut your pie-hole. you, for the past 3 years, have had your head so FAR up fatty's rear that your brain can't function alone without first seeing what fatty has to say. You opinion means nothing and will always mean NOTHING.

HOW DARE YOU MAKE A GENERALIZED NEGATIVE STATEMENT ABOUT DOH.

SCREW YOU and your crappy attitude.

Well Dj I guess your just missing the point.

You see....i have known fat for the better part of 3 years...and I have met the man in real life. I can read his posts and know exactly what hes trying to say without seeing it as some tyranical motive. Its a shame that being a friend with someone is seen as being a kiss donkey. In fact I have disagreed with Fat before....but handle it in private conversations rather than air things out in public where the unknowledgeable eye can view and form their own opinion...

Its funny that it isnt enough to play in your server and post in your forums or idle in you irc channels and support your guild....the minute you disagree your opinion means NOTHING. I mean I guess Id have to agree with you all time to be your friend eh?

You are right i shouldnt have made a generalized statement about DOH. Though you did strength it. I would like to know from you though....what exactly has to be said for an opinion to mean something. Apparently for some odd reason everyone elses that goes with your view do...or maybe its just me. If it is me...than seeing that i have never had any conversations with you one on one....nor have i ever said anything to you that i can see as ill percieved or outside the spectrum of my own opinion...which seems to be the strength of so many arguments here...i wonder why you dislike me so much. Its good to know where i stand though. I wont make a personal attack....i would just like some clarity...you may pm me....or post it here. Doesnt matter to me. Theres plenty of people in this community that i get along with, help in any way i can...or support in any way i can. I would certainly hope that your opinion of me doesnt waiver them. I like the true colors atmosphere that has been building here. Sometimes its better knowing than to never know at all how people really truly feel about you.

GC Founder

The idea of a server where everyone pitches in and gets equal shares and equal say (i'm talking from different teams, etc) is unrealistic. Everyone who's been around watched what happened in MCC III when we attempted to give as much say to every individual as possible...it got nutty and nobody was happy with each other. It's just not possible.

To call it Mmmm's community, well, the community wouldn't be a community without all the different people around here. I take no precedence over any other teams unless they are breaking rules while in our home. Mmmm has done nothing more to become a leader in this community than to stick together and provide services. The community has formed, and will change, on its own. The idea of "community," and correct me if I'm wrong, was just the idea of friends identifying those other friends that they associate with. Perhaps the word has changed meaning over time, and perhaps the whispered definition of the CCC has become "Mmmm's Branded Clones?" If this is the impression, then I don't blame st7 one bit for "not wanting to be labeled" as part of it. Heck, if the general consensus is that this community has fallen under Mmmm's control, then you're right, DJ, either the name should be changed or the word shouldn't be used. I would vote for the latter because I have enough work to do inside my own guild, not worrying about having to guide others.

yes you do. not many, but they do exist.
If Mmmm has members who are acting egotistically, I need to hear about it because it will be addressed very seriously. However, I haven't heard anything. There's a natural ego that comes with success, but to a person who has underlying grievences, this ego is probably amplified to the point where it becomes perceived as intrusive, which it may well not be to begin with (thus the ENTIRE theme of this thread).

1) they deserve to call it their community

Not necessary, nor, as above, really desired. If it were ours and called ours, we'd have to spend too much time policing other clans, which is not our buisiness outside of our home.

2) it has many positive aspects to it
Very true, but the limelight doesn't shine here.

3) also has some negative aspects to it

We should address these. Perhaps the aspects are actually people and their perceptions. Any large organization is going to be unpleasing to some.

4) for Mmmm to just be consistent in the message so there is no confusion

This is the one that perhaps interests me the most. As we see here, the "message sent" is most definitely not always the "message perceived." Mmmm has always tried to send a consistant message about server and forum behavior. Of course, there have been times when we make mistakes and say one thing and do another, but I've also seen Mmmm rectify situations and apologize for errors in the past, for example in some sort of administration of the server.

What we do have to remember is that supposedly we're all here for the same reason. If our reasons don't match, however, we need not associate with each other, nor should we feel the need to. It, in the end, is a game, but also a life for each of us. As much as you guys think the results of fiascos like this matter to me, eternaly they don't. I found it interesting, that as fired up as I was about this whole thing, my daughter and I sat this morning feeding the ducks down at the pond, and I honestly didn't think about any of this the entire time (compared to yesterday evening when I was so offended that I felt it in my veins).

As for tape and cane, if they believe so strongly that I would use my influence to somehow attempt pressure teams into financially supporting Mmmm, then their leaving is a relief to me. Why would I want anyone with such false assumptions about my character anywhere near me or anything I spend time working on?

Well put Wilco,no need to single people out! This definitely needs to be closed now! I still luv the community

he singled my entire clan out. there is no point to be missed here. if there was another point to his clan bashing, i do not know what it is.

anyways, i do not need to go further. he may resume with his labeling. frankly, my ire has passed and i am done conversing with him.

Why would I want anyone with such false assumptions about my character anywhere near me or anything I spend time working on?

This is the thrust behind DJ's post, which I agree with. You do have that right. Where as people like cane or tape have only the option of leaving themselves. While we all freely participate, it is perhaps less than equal. Rightly so, and I accept this (with my eyes open) gratefully.

I like the honesty in Wilco's response. But I have to disagree. As the community has grown we have started talking about lots of varied opinions. But most of us don't have the grounding of a good honest look in the eye and a smile to balance our perspectives on the forums. Almost every day I've thought about if it was worth my tirade about Xterminator saying we went to Vietnam for oil. His reply about it not worth offending people because we're his friends was probably the best thing I got out of the whole thread.

I found this community years ago and it has changed and grown and shifted. I like most of it, but I don't think that the true colors theme is quite working out [for me]. I am going to participate in Word Associationess, Cars...light topics. We don't have enough grounding to successfully work through differences of opinion. Differences of opinion repeatedly get taken out of context or too personally.

I came here to play a game, I stayed because I like the people. I'm not going to ruin it because I participate in forums and offend people by disagreeing.

I'm sorry that this thread is working out this way because I think that everybody here can have a good time and get along. Maybe I'm after something more shallow and superficial and just a good time. I prefer to think that it isn't worth making cyberenemies when we are all here because we share a common interest.

I'm still Chief, I still hate commies, but I'm not going to alienate myself or others by spouting out my classical-libertarian-believe-in-the-Constitution-and-my-fellow-man opinions. My email and AIM are public if you want to talk about them, but I think that I'm going to start drinking Community Light. Same great buzz, fewer calories. You can expect more satires and fantasies about communist conspiracies, but I think that "the community" is hurting itself as much or more than growing by participating in opinion shaping conversations.

Like Xterminator said, I don't want to offend you guys. You're my friends. I guess I've found my comfort zone--it's in this community, but I guess that it isn't participating in lively discussion without being able to shake hands and drink a beer after an argument.

Chief

Well, well...

Another thread accusing Fatty (or Mmmm in general) of being jack booted thugs that throw their weight around and impose themselves on others.

I'm sorry if I haven't been keeping up to speed as much as I would like but as you may have heard, there is a War going on. Since I have a brother that is going to be deployed to Iraq in a week, I've been spending alot more time watching Fox and MSNBC news.

Fatty, I just want to say you do a GREAT job with Mmmm, the server, forums, etc...

I saw no offense to your original post, and if others took offense to it, they should either address it directly to you, or shut it tight if it didn't directly concern them.

I think 'Cane and Tape finally have it correct... if they don't like it, rather than tinkle and moan about it and flame left and right, just leave. Thank you for asking to be deleted, I'm sorry it came to that.

Other than that, this has just been way to much of a waste of my time to read all of this. I'm going to get myself a bowl of icecream and play a game of Uno with my kids.

Later all...

Sparky

B)

GC Founder

You really think they haven't come back as a guest to read this? It's gone beyond one or two people, obviously. I think it's now about people airing their thoughts, and in doing so, accomplishing one of the things that DJ eluded to: clarification.

i think everyone aggrees that the topic should be closed.

Long ago I wanted to join DOH. I played/talked with their members a lot. I repealled my application when I got an offer for another clan. I played on, DOH changed, I didn't care anymore, I quit playing almost entirely. I came back to the server several months later, to plat, delta had died. Things were different. Then Fatty asked me to join Mmmm. Hadn't ever really wanted to, but I figured eh, what the hell. I always thought Mmmm was a bunch of good guys, just felt more kinship with DOH cuz they had more members my age. So I joined Mmmm and kept playing. I noticed it little by little before, and since I've been back I notice it a lot. DOH and Mmmm are two very seperate communities. End of story.

DOH has no business coming into Mmmm's forums and telling us how to run our community, just as Mmmm should have no business doing the same in DOH's forums. I highly respect you DOH guys that I know from way back when. DJ, Tape, Chief, others. DOH and Mmmm split up long ago to form seperate communities. Realize that and move on.

Chief, others. DOH and Mmmm split up long ago to form seperate communities. Realize that and move on.

I've made no post other than supporting Mmmm's autonomy, being grateful for the service and the hospitality, praising Mmmm's contributions to the community as well as other teams and individuals, and supporting Mmmm and the work they've done (aside from Fatty's resistance to give me my 1911 for my post thingy).

If you are asking me to not participate here, say it more clearly because I enjoy people's company in these forums. You and I both joined these teams after the split--which is how you were able to apply to DOH before Mmmm. And to the best of my recollection you weren't even around the community before the split. If I'm not welcome here, that's cool. **Edit: no I just saw that I got my third Mmmm account on the "new" Mmmm's forums 1 day before you registered here, so I know you weren't around before the split**

But shoot straight and say it's because of the team I'm on and not because of how I've treated anyone on Mmmm or ANY disrespect I've ever made to the individuals or the guild as a whole.

I will leave, sadly, if what you just said is a new policy restricting DOH from participation and not just your personal preference for barring anyone with DOH attached to their name regardless.

Personally, I joined this community as a lone wolf while I was working on my graduate degree before I joined the faculty here at Purdue and I stuck around one day after BobLee slay spammed someone for calling him g.ay. After that I played mostly with Rev and Slims. Then I joined the defunct TM. And met the BlackOps guys that later populated the founding of DOH. BlackOps I don't think ever had any problems with Mmmm. Of course if you have come along and developed a grudge against all DOH, when you weren't even envolved in the split (nor was I) and you think that we should be rivals instead of friends, that's fine. Odd, but fine.

It doesn't sit well with me, though.

In the mean time, I ask that you think about that post and how much you represent Mmmm as a group. I'll wait for a few more posts from some of the other members to post up. I find it hard to believe that you do actually represent Mmmm policy. But as I've said in every post about you guys, it's your place to set rules. Rules which I'll obey. As a fair deal, think about how much you can possibly "realize" what went on back then or how best to move past a split between real life acquaintances or how separate the two teams full of friends/cyberfriends have ever actually been.

Who knows, maybe you're right. Two years after the dramatic "split" it is time for two separate communities to form. I mean since it never happened, what with Mmmm posting on DOH forums and DOH posting on Mmmm forums and everyone playing on everyone's servers the whole time, maybe you've come across the solution.

Chief

Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guests

This is just like 4 13 year olds fighting over whos choclate bar it was....THIs iS juST PATHETIC!!!

sry just wanted to get that outa my system because if this keeps going on..by3 by3 for me community

i will state this again-A simple asking to put Mmmm in a box turning into flamewarz....

remember that forum...this topic would be like Mmmm&Fall3n vs DOh

3 long time community clans going at eachothers throaths...

:(

my statements were my own....has nothing to do with our clan or how they feel

which i did go astray point blanking the DOH guild as a whole.

Even saying that...there is or never will be any respect loss on my end to any of them as to how they play the game

I think maybe that Crow was listing those names with the previous sentence and not the post sentence. So that those names would be included with "I highly respect you DOH guys that I know from way back when".

I for one have always enjoyed having DOH around here. Great competition and usually a friendly attitude. Obviously Cane's comments werent made as a DOH. And Tape just let the thing steamroll him over. ST can make snide comments but we still love him :).

I have never had anything but respect for you, Chief. Please stick around!! :o In fact... would you want to join Mmmm? :lol:

GC Founder

Let's not read so far into Crowbar's post that it evolves into more than he meant. I just read it over again and didn't see anywhere where he would have eluded to DOH not being welcome here. I echo da Rev when I say that I love seeing DOH around here. Crowbar is just again, laying it all on the table, and I'm sure he will stop back by to ellaborate. As for DOH in general, not a single thing, not one tad of anything that has gone on in the above thread with Tape or Cane has caused me to toss an generalizations at or change my opinion about DOH.

To all those that want this topic closed: All that does is kick the dirt under the rug and let it sit. This, if we can remain civil, is healthy.

It took me a few days to catch up, and being a member of "THE Community" Fatty is a person who has always tried to better the community, I see nothing wrong with asking people who play on their "Public Server" to help them out and mention their name.

I like tal,cane, and tape their good kids. Fatty is prolly a little disappointed and i just hope he continues to do the job he has been doing to make MMMM forums and servers a great place to communicate and play.

Lets just all get along, learn to forgive and appreciate what people say and do in "The Community". Its the best 1 out there.

I hold no animosity toward anyone in this community. I love playing with the guy sat DOH and have ever since the guild has started. I would choose DOH above any other guild on the market. However, I do not see us as different communities. I see us as one community that has its prosperous times and its hard ones. This may be a hard time and the community may seem on the edge of failing, because i feel that this community wouldnt be the same without its key clans, DOH Mmmm TF CsLs MwR Zx2 etc.

Some of you may have hard feelings towards other members of other guilds, but seriously gentlemen, if you have hard feelings please do NOT hate the whole guild, that is a mistake. In fact its one of the biggest mistakes you could make in life, judging a group of people by the actions of one.

Don't make that mistake here, or in your real life, cause its not gonna help. :=

-[DOH]Zeabos