Guest InSaNiTy
Guest InSaNiTy
Guests

well put zeab.

mag: i love you

m0m: i love you

and you all though i was sane...

GC Founder
We all know fatty meant no offense although his post may have sounded like it.

Did it really? I still think the beholder ruined and distorted my post. How should I have done this instead? Where did I sound like what cane made it out?

No, I don't think I'm about to let this one just go slack that fast. I was completely offended by cane and his distorted take on my post.

blah. you make it sound like they should be permanently banned from the community for not mentioning your name to gd... it's their money, their server, let them mention whoever they want. ;\

it seemed to go from...

"hey, if you ever buy a gd server, we would really appreciate it if you would consider mentioning our name to GD to help support us.

to

"wt.f om.g you freakin lamer why didn't you mention us?"

I'm sorry but what cane said was an absolute bunch of hogwash, and I'm not accepting other people's apologies about it. Go reread my post above. You tell me how in the world he got THIS impression from my post.

I'm sorry, but perhaps I'm even more fired up than before, because this little episode looks to be turning out like all the others...just kick the bs under the rug and try to pretend to smile.

After the years I've been involved with the community, for someone to blatantly call me out as someone who is selfish and that I'm going to post with some sort of Mmmm-centered motives is just UNNERVING.

This is just like some of the bs people in this community to take a thread and turn it upside down into some freakin day-time telivision show. I'm very tired of it. If you really believe that I would attempt to use any leverage in this way, then you are insulting me far worse than any punk around here ever has, because you've been around.

No, cane, I don't think we're gonna just do some heavy petting on each other and bandaide this one up, it was too serious. If you honestly believe what you said, that I would feel the need so badly to gain sponsorship by "forcing" people to jot our name down, then get the hell out. Don't come to our forums, nor our server. Why would you want to? And why, after years of CS, would I sit here and let you bash me like that.

We all know fatty meant no offense although his post may have sounded like it.

Crap, I don't even care if my post DID sound bad, which it didn't!!!! Heck, if it did, do you not know me better? If you don't, then it's about time we straightened some things out. I may have standards, I don't candycoat anything, I may not care to hide my feelings, but I won't tolerate someone twisting my words around.

Perhaps more P'O'd about this than any other CS related topic since The Great Divide,

Fatty

Guest Ex-Archaic nonMCC number owning
Guests

I dont know why you would go and say that fatty... the issue was getting resolved and from my point of view, cane was never "bashing" you. The only reason it even sounded bad was because he chose the wrong words to express himself. I didnt get the same vibe as cane did from your post but I dont think you should tell him to get the hell out for one little mistake. I thought you and the rest of Mmmm wanted the bad attitude and negative posts out of here anyway... :huh:

Mag and cane kinda just made up and said sorry to each other. Shouldnt that be the end of it?

GC Founder
cane was never "bashing" you.

This:

you make it sound like they should be permanently banned from the community for not mentioning your name to gd

in my opinion, is a bash. Why? Ok, someone with the mindset that he placed on me would be considered what? An idiot? Ok, then he's calling me an idiot. I don't know, you tell me. He took my words, a simple post about something that "friends" would do for "friends," applied some sort of funky lube job to it, and made me out to be <insert whatever>.

And I don't care about the little apologies here and there. That's what keeps going on around here...people fly off the handle, then everyone pets each other a bit, loads up on the bs, then well all say, ok, well, ttyl. Forget the fake stuff.

There's a difference between most of you and me. I don't post anything I wouldn't say to your face.

GC Founder
Point blank, if you mention us when you go to rent your Game Daemon's server, it helps us out.

Look! The very first words out of my mouth I accidentally revealed my hidden agenda! Shoot!

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
Two different teams from our community have gone to GD for servers, but didn't mention us during their set up.  While their marketing guy is forgiving this time, he needs to see our name right off the bat, in the box, on the sign up page (in the how did you hear about us type place).

I can easily see where cane got the idea. It sounds like, to me, that you're apalled that two teams from the community would buy a server and not say that we heard about GD from you. I had heard of GD servers long before tropolis came up - if anybody, I would have named wewt.

Your post may not seem offensive at all to you, but put yourself in the readers' shoes if you want to get a better feeling for it. Personally, I wasn't offended - but I can easily see how it could be offensive. Frankly, this whole deal is unnerving, if anything at all. I think the GD logo on the website is enough to give the suggestion for us to put your name down for where we heard about GD. Feeling the need to make a post about it seems odd, but I can't rightly complain. Saying pointblank you're bothered by the fact that two teams that have players in this community didn't say we heard about GD from you... I think it's out of line - but again, I can't rightly complain.

Mentioning who they want: of course! My point is this: mention someone, because someone benefits. If you didn't get to like GD through us, then don't mention us. We don't lose anything if you don't, we only stand to benefit from the simple thought.

If your learned about GD by browsing the web, select that!

If you heard about it because someone called your house and pronounced your name wrong before telling you about it, mention them!

If you came to like GD's servers by playing on trop, mention us!

You said it much better when you said it like that. There, you made sure to get the point across that we should put down that we heard from you only if we sincerely felt that way and otherwise we shouldn't. Your first post, however, didn't seem to get that point across - whether it was meant to be a sort of understood fact or not.

Amazing where some of these threads lead. What in the world is the motivation for flaming this thread? It seems a no-brainer to me: read it, note it, help a friend.

Now we've got how many posts here, just arguing over someone's interpretation. Why? I mean, what really is there to challenge in the initial statement? But there's always that challenger it seems. Why?

Fatty's got a right to be peeved here.

GC Founder
TaPe,Apr 4 2003, 04:09 PM]It sounds like, to me, that you're apalled that two teams from the community would buy a server and not say that we heard about GD from you.

WHERE???

Saying pointblank you're bothered by the fact that two teams that have players in this community didn't say we heard about GD from you...
WHERE?

I was never bothered at all! Where did I use exclamation points? Where did I say you SHOULD have done anything???

Two different teams from our community have gone to GD for servers, but didn't mention us during their set up.

That is a simple fact. How do I say this any other way? Please tell me?

I hear all the BS about Mmmm does great things for this community. Mmmm runs a great server. Mmmm does this does that, but when I post about how to show some support, you somehow feel the iron machine pressing on you or something? I'm completely lost here.

I can remember having some GREAT times playing with you, cane. I always enjoyed your attitude above anything else. You would be owning me and if I happened to get you once or twice you would invariably let me know it was a "gj". That means alot because I have had a LOT of experience being owned. You kept that great attitude all the time. Because of that I highly respected you and was always glad to see you in the server.

But lately I have noticed... shall we say, a "touch" of animosity toward certain others. Just that on a lot of occasions you dont pass up any opportunity to show your displeasure and call guys on the carpet and not in a caring way. But since your were the great "cane" I was hoping this would just pass. I know people change. I know life changes people. I really would love to see the old cane. Dont know if its possible now. I just know that my perception of you has changed pretty much changed since you left DOH. :(

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
I hear all the BS about Mmmm does great things for this community.  Mmmm runs a great server.  Mmmm does this does that, but when I post about how to show some support, you somehow feel the iron machine pressing on you or something?  I'm completely lost here.

Out of curiosity, how often do you see the members of st7 speak the "BS about Mmmm does great things for this community. Mmmm runs a great server."?

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
Now, our goal here does not just reside in Mmmm, but to the community.  We have gone forward with another server to promote the real teamwork behind the game.  I encourage you to stop by Meritocracy when you see a game going.

Two different teams from our community have gone to GD for servers, but didn't mention us during their set up.  While their marketing guy is forgiving this time, he needs to see our name right off the bat, in the box, on the sign up page (in the how did you hear about us type place).

Where? Right here it, since there is no possible way to hear the tone of posting, that you believe (and I am not agreeing or disagreeing) you are doing a huge service for the community with providing servers. Then you say that two groups of people from the community did not put your name down to save you money. Then you proceed to insinuate that we were wrong in not putting your name down and do not care to say any thanks with the apparent change in decision to give your name to this marketing guy who was forgiving for our horrible mistake.

Guest Talent
Guest Talent
Guest Talent
Guests

i can honestly say i was bothered when i first read it too, however i decided to let it go...initially. i don't want to see people banned/accounts deleted over this, but it does seem that you are trying to put an obligation upon community members to mention you in any server purchase, but also to create guilt to those that did not mention your name. Frankly, i feel i should not be obligated to help out the server unless i feel it has done something unique for me, and if st7 did not put your name down for the server i will not feel guilty about it either. Bottom line, you sacrifice a lot for the community, and many people respect that, however you cannot expect the same in return in many cases. afterall, before you got trop i remember a lot of ppl asking why you didn't think about getting a GD or gryphon (sp?) server.

GC Founder

I believe that we are providing a huge service? Believe? Are we not? Do you really think that this entire thread was created to toot Mmmm's horn?

Whether or not YOU appreciate the fact that each Mmmm financial pops cash into tropolis means nothing. The fact remains that WE DO PROVIDE a service. In fact, this is the best server we've ever had, and heck ya we're paying for it.

If you are offended by a request to show some support to an organization then you really shouldn't be here in the first place. If you see my post as coming down on anyone for not doing something, then you've obviously got underlying issues with me and/or Mmmm in general. If the latter is true, then why the heck are you here? Why are you sitting in these forums?

The only good thing about this thread is the fact that true feelings are surfacing, which will be great in the long run. If you see my post as some sort of plot to shake pockets, then this community is not for you.

It's obvious that you don't know me, after all this time. I can deal completely with all the resentment, because this is EXACTLY what feeds all of this emotion. If you are so resentful that my post is read as having any sort of agenda at all, then take your resentment to the exit and start a community of your own. Don't come back, because in doing so, you only support something you see as offensive.

Guest Talent
Guest Talent
Guest Talent
Guests

i don't have to play here b/c i like you or your clan but perhaps i play here because i enjoy the company of others that are here, and i wish to keep in touch with those i do enjoy playing and talking to. in any event, i did say you did a lot and even a slight request can seem as offensive to ppl that do not particularly like authority.

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
If you see my post as some sort of plot to shake pockets, then this community is not for you.

Mmmm = the community? I was unaware :unsure:

GC Founder
TaPe,Apr 4 2003, 04:46 PM]
If you see my post as some sort of plot to shake pockets, then this community is not for you.

Mmmm = the community? I was unaware :unsure:

Your sarcastic posts are getting boring Tape....

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
I believe that we are providing a huge service?  Believe?  Are we not?  Do you really think that this entire thread was created to toot Mmmm's horn? 

Whether or not YOU appreciate the fact that each Mmmm financial pops cash into tropolis means nothing.  The fact remains that WE DO PROVIDE a service.  In fact, this is the best server we've ever had, and heck ya we're paying for it.

As I said, I'm not disagree or agreeing with whether you provide a service for the community. You may provide tropolis as a service to the community, and you very well may be paying a handful of cash for it - but that doesn't mean that you are anymore deserving of name recognition than the source we actually heard about GD from.

i don't have to play here b/c i like you or your clan but perhaps i play here because i enjoy the company of others that are here, and i wish to keep in touch with those i do enjoy playing and talking to.  in any event, i did say you did a lot and even a slight request can seem as offensive to ppl that do not particularly like authority.

Talent come on that's a low blow...

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
It's obvious that you don't know me, after all this time.  I can deal completely with all the resentment, because this is EXACTLY what feeds all of this emotion.  If you are so resentful that my post is read as having any sort of agenda at all, then take your resentment to the exit and start a community of your own.  Don't come back, because in doing so, you only support something you see as offensive.

You seem to be looking for something beneath each of our posts here. Either we follow (as sheep) or we resent Mmmm/you/the community (who seem to be all associated together?).