No Harm in Dropping our Name

Fatty

GC Founder
TaPe,Apr 4 2003, 06:18 PM]Cane posted his opinion.

Cane's opinion was completely wrong, though. He took my original post into his own distorted context, and proceded to translate it into something that it was not.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether or not YOU appreciate the fact that each Mmmm financial pops cash into tropolis means nothing.  The fact remains that WE DO PROVIDE a service.  In fact, this is the best server we've ever had, and heck ya we're paying for it.

This should be enough to close the argument, IMO.

If not, then how in the world are we going to justify ANY feelings of animosity against Fat, or any Mmmm, for making ANY post about THEIR server?

Bottomline, Mmmm can, on the Mmmm forums make any number of posts about Mmmm servers saying:

We are a private server. Pay us money, pay it in advance, and use such and such method for the transaction. 6-8 weeks later you will be mailed a password in a plain manilla envelope. The password will be effective 6-8 weeks after we receive confirmation from you in writing and notarized by a certified Notary of the state of Alabama.
And if you don't like it, you can post up and complain. And, hey, they can delete your account and you can move on.

I'm a bit confused with the hostility. Mmmm doesn't equal the community. You can grab some IPs from their server status page and not compete for the 18 free slots.

I try to play around on all the servers, with a heavy and obvious bias to DOH's own Foxtrot...provided by the gracious and silent Mav.

Even if Fat was rude, did isolate the two teams, and did do it in an abrasive way (which I didn't really feel, but I do acknowledge that the second post was much more concise and neutral) SO WHAT!!! It's their server and forums. There's no need to argue about it past one post saying:

Wow, Fat you are really harshed on those two teams...I think that you could have played nice with others.

That's my opinion. It's also property rights.

Chief

TaPe,Apr 4 2003, 06:04 PM]
Isn't that like almost the same thing, sir talent? 8P)

Mmmm is not the community. Mmmm is part of the community. You don't have to enjoy every part of the community to enjoy the community as a whole. His point is, whether he likes Mmmm or not, he can still enjoy playing with the people who play on Mmmm's server.

Point taken.

First of all I want to say thank you to mom for keeping the flames going!! :)

Cane took what Fatty said in a wrong way. This is very easy to do considering that we are dealing with text. I much prefer dealing with Fatty on voice. He can set me straight and I walk away smiling. SO Cane mis-interpreted what Fat said. But then he feels the need to publicly condemn him. And in such a way that is offensive and beligerant (he jumped to the most extreme conclusion by putting swears and angst in Fatty's voice and that, my friend, is beligerance). So Cane misinterpreted, then went overboard in a response. That is the whole deal. Not much there.

I agree that what Fat said COULD be interpreted the wrong way but only if you thought he really felt like that, which Fat has clearly said disturbs him more.

But we have to be careful that we dont become sour pusses by being sure to point out where everyone is wrong. Cane slams Fat. Someone makes a spelling error... SLAMMED (guilty... but mine slams were delicate and funny). Someone's political view is different than yours... SLAMMED (discussion is good but a lot of what I see is not discussing). Someone doesnt like or likes a particular piece of music... SLAMMED. Someone likes juggling molotov roostertails... SLAMMED. You name it. The WWF is getting concerned that we are going to cut into their revenue. Why cant we just ignore some things. Why cant we just politely (and without sarcasm) ask for a better explanation. Why cant we just be respectful of others and state views, discuss topics and express opinions? Seems like a winner to me :)

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

nevermind just nevermind... it's not even worth it... i'm not even gonna waste anymore of my time on this thread anymore. *sigh*

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

Here's my two cents. Not that it matters or anything but here we go:

Fatty is right, people blow up on him for no reason and it seems that some ulterior motives and past grievances have come up and shown their ugly faces.

I don't see what the big deal is, Fatty was asking for a little support and it should be given. After all I don't see too many people here paying $175 a month so they can play with their friends on the best servers that money can buy and enjoy good company. I just don't see the prob with Fatty asking for a little help, I would put Mmmm in the box if it would save them a few bucks, cause it only takes me 2 seconds to type "mmmm." Now maybe our favorite CS tyrant could have worded it better asking those teams to reconsider their application to GD and ask them to do a favor for him and the community. But in the end I still don't see his original post as abusive or in the wrong. It was a reasonable request and people just spit in his face, shame on you. Maybe you should lay off him and stop feeling so opressed all the time and pay the money that Mmmm pays on a monthly basis.

I think some apologies are needed from both ends of the spectrum on this one. Remember guys this is a game, not life and death. Save your arguments and analytical energy for something that really matters.

Moss

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests

I agree that Mmmm can do as they please on their forums, servers and what have you... which is why I didn't bring it up in the first place. It was pointed out that there was a lack of tact (or at least a better tact around) in how Fatty brought about the topic. Everybody jumped on it like the kid was smoking crack and deserves to lose all credibility because he's "bipolar" or something. I'm not going to say I think the first post was kind to the addressed teams - but I'm not going to say Fatty didn't have the right to post whatever he wanted to. I will, and did, say that I think he could have said it much better - as seen on a later post of his. I'll not sit idly by while somebody is ridiculed for something like this when I agree with them - and if that's what you'd have me do, I'll gladly have my account here deleted and not return.

--TaPe

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
Someone step up here.  Someone step up, take your large balls in your hand, and tell me you're not coming back here.

Here as in your fourMmmms or your servers? Or both?

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
are u pushing fatty for a reason, or just to test to see if he'll do it?

Neither.

GC Founder

The post wasn't even TO the 2 teams. I asked them for the favor privately, in person if you will. This thread was to any future GD potential clients.

Don't give me tact, where's the tact in the disagreement? And you speak of ridiculed. Reread my post, and then cane's and then you tell me who started this engine. Nobody is asking you to sit anywhere and do anything, I'm just asking you to open your mind just a tad, instead of looking at my post through some sort of fog.

Moss was completely right on. But you're so busy supporting your friend's BS that you're refusing to even look at the entire concept from an unbiased point of view.

In the end, I'd hope that people would climb all over him, because he offended me completely when he took my post, twisted it up, and spat out some junk that I never said nor meant, and then, to top it off, brings you in here to bat for him. I haven't been leading this guild nor devoting time to this community to have someone make accusations in my home like that, not just disagreeing, but blatently attacking my personality and motives.

Now, if you feel that you guys should be able to do that without me defending myself, or others from the community that can actually comprehend the ultimate purpose of the thread defending me, then you should walk.

blah. you make it sound like they should be permanently banned from the community for not mentioning your name to gd... it's their money, their server, let them mention whoever they want. ;\

it seemed to go from...

"hey, if you ever buy a gd server, we would really appreciate it if you would consider mentioning our name to GD to help support us.

to

"wt.f om.g you freakin lamer why didn't you mention us?"

That's the biggest load of junk I've ever been accused of. Tell me I'm a bad admin. Criticize my ability to lead a guild. Tell me I got no skillz. But don't you dare attack my character and put words in my mouth, especially in my own home, and expect me to rephrase something so that it doesn't twist your panties.

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests
Two different teams from our community have gone to GD for servers, but didn't mention us during their set up. While their marketing guy is forgiving this time, he needs to see our name right off the bat, in the box, on the sign up page (in the how did you hear about us type place).

We don't feel this is putting anyone out too far, but just returning us a favor as we try to keep a growing community bound not only in the servers during game-time, but as friends outside of the servers, promoting good discussions and, yippe yippe, a fun Lan party coming up this summer!

So, if you don't mind, keep this in mind, and spread the word, that if anyone from the community signs up, they can help support us by mentioning Mmmm in the infamous box.

Tape tell me how he belittled either of those teams in this post. He just gave a friendly reminder to somethign that could save them some money? Whats wrong with this? Maybe you need to recognize that Cane was in the wrong when he jumped all over fattys back about it. I like Cane alot, he's a really good guy...but he was just wrong here. And your just making the situation worse Tape with your little snippy comments. Stop trying to be so cunning and smart and just read the words.

Woah...fatty posted while I was typing this. We said the same things though.

So, to keep everyone up to speed, the stink isn't over what Fatty said, but how he said it. It's a stretch to take it for anymore than what it is, but to actually stretch it, then post to complain about the way you've stretched it just is not right. Again, why?

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
TaPe,Apr 4 2003, 10:34 PM]
Someone step up here.  Someone step up, take your large balls in your hand, and tell me you're not coming back here.

Here as in your fourMmmms or your servers? Or both?

Well?

I've already said what could be seen as offensive. I can't expect you all to see from your POV, but when you're part of one of the clans he referred to, you see things differently.

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
and then, to top it off, brings you in here to bat for him.

The fact that I understand what cane is saying and share some of his feelings does not mean that he told me to come here and post and back him up. I saw the thread on my own. I saw how cane felt. I posted my opinions/feelings. Cane had nothing to do with that, don't pretend he did.