No Harm in Dropping our Name

Fatty

Point blank, if you mention us when you go to rent your Game Daemon's server, it helps us out.

Now, our goal here does not just reside in Mmmm, but to the community. We have gone forward with another server to promote the real teamwork behind the game. I encourage you to stop by Meritocracy when you see a game going.

Two different teams from our community have gone to GD for servers, but didn't mention us during their set up. While their marketing guy is forgiving this time, he needs to see our name right off the bat, in the box, on the sign up page (in the how did you hear about us type place).

We don't feel this is putting anyone out too far, but just returning us a favor as we try to keep a growing community bound not only in the servers during game-time, but as friends outside of the servers, promoting good discussions and, yippe yippe, a fun Lan party coming up this summer!

So, if you don't mind, keep this in mind, and spread the word, that if anyone from the community signs up, they can help support us by mentioning Mmmm in the infamous box.

We don't plan to lower Mmmm's membership dues as GD sponsors us more and more, we would only plan to provide the community with more services. So, I ask you, take advantage of this opportunity when you make the move to Game Daemons. Thanks in advance!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Talent
Guest Talent
Guest Talent
Guests
:blink: i thought we put "we esp did not hear about GD from Mmmm" o well.

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

why didn't you put wewt when you ordered?

GC Founder
why  didn't you put wewt when you ordered?

Do you have any sponsorship worked out with them? I would have gladly dropped your name, because you INDEED were the first person that I even heard the name from.

PS. How do you know I didn't? ;) Now that I'm thinking about it, I just might have. Can't remember, but I remember looking at the box going, hmmm...I heard from Moss...

Guest Talent
Guest Talent
Guest Talent
Guests

i know i tend to forget about wewt since i rarely if ever interact with them. sorry moss...maybe next time i order a server :-/

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests

I had nothing to do with the st7 server ordering process :mellow: which might have a correlation to why it took about 2 weeks to finally get it :rolleyes:

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests
Two different teams from our community have gone to GD for servers, but didn't mention us during their set up. While their marketing guy is forgiving this time

blah. you make it sound like they should be permanently banned from the community for not mentioning your name to gd... it's their money, their server, let them mention whoever they want. ;\

it seemed to go from...

"hey, if you ever buy a gd server, we would really appreciate it if you would consider mentioning our name to GD to help support us.

to

"wt.f om.g you freakin lamer why didn't you mention us?"

GC Founder

Whatever, cane. I was stating a fact, and asking for a simple favor in the future from the others. How you take it is up to you. Look around at the banners on our site, and you'll see the message that you were looking for.

Mentioning who they want: of course! My point is this: mention someone, because someone benefits. If you didn't get to like GD through us, then don't mention us. We don't lose anything if you don't, we only stand to benefit from the simple thought.

If your learned about GD by browsing the web, select that!

If you heard about it because someone called your house and pronounced your name wrong before telling you about it, mention them!

If you came to like GD's servers by playing on trop, mention us!

Where's the high pressure sales i this? What fog have I created?

GC Founder

From our home page, server status page, etc:

Proud subscribers of:

gdlogo2.gif

If you decide to go with the best, please mention our name.

I really didn't enjoy going back to someone and asking them for a referral, namely because of this kind of reaction. I'd have to say, however, that when I mentioned it to m0m about the SNW server, he replied "done" within a minute.

Didn't mean to offend anyone, but suppose I shouldn't expect a different reaction from some.

Two different teams from our community have gone to GD for servers, but didn't mention us during their set up. While their marketing guy is forgiving this time

blah. you make it sound like they should be permanently banned from the community for not mentioning your name to gd... it's their money, their server, let them mention whoever they want. ;\

it seemed to go from...

"hey, if you ever buy a gd server, we would really appreciate it if you would consider mentioning our name to GD to help support us.

to

"wt.f om.g you freakin lamer why didn't you mention us?"

/\

||

||

||

||

Out of line!!!!!!!

Sry cane but fat's post was calm, just asking for a favor that you write four "M's" in a little box.

Your post, "wt.f" "om.g" give me break, i thought you were better then that... I'm not happy at all right now....

cane cane cane...after as long as we all have been playing together, you bust out this p00...shame on you.

it was my mistake not adding Mmmm to the box (hell i even ordered a halflife death match server initially instead of CS). im glad i can give back to the community in this or that way. Whether it be plugins, web/forum setup, advice of any kind, or even a referal to GD of Mmmm.

----- back to bashing cane

how's your pro-gameing life going cane? are u 1337 making 6 figures yet.

quit AD, quit DOH, quit dTk, how long u gonna hang with st7...till they lose...until your nexium runs out?

maybe you should just quit the community, oh wait you already did, why are you still here? :=

cane i've held back for some time but, i no longer respect you and your 'tude (nice Rev), you are a whiny disgruntled 17year old that's very confused about what seems to be life. get your head outa yer donkey and realize that you actually have friends all around you yet you continue to be as raw as a 1 grit sanding wheel. life is more important than CS, maybe you need to find one sooner rather than later.

lose the 'tude and again, shame on you for being such an donkey.

m0m

owner of fattysatyrant.com

banner_dlmevol.gif

logo.gif

Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guests

One of the most classic flashes ever. Soap and Water was great. Nice one man.

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

I guess I better try to address a few things here.

1) My post I made earlier in this thread was my honest opinion. I didn't know the exact circumstances in which fatty was talking about, but I saw it as him bashing people from this "community" for buying expensive servers from GameDaemons but not mentioning Mmmm's name. And in my sort of weird way I guess I was trying to back up the people who did it, by thorwing in my opinion on how I saw the situation. I didn't exactly say "wt.f or "om.g".. atleast I didn't mean to.. I used it as an example for expressing emotion and it was the only thing I could think of to say at the time that could describe was I was trying to say so I just said it. Also, notice I put it in quotes and I said this was like fatty saying "blah blah blah". Sorry if me using those words offended you Magruter, and I'm sorry for getting around the swear filter, I just wasn't thinking at the time.

2) mom.. mom.. mom.. mom.. mom.. that hurt. That was a low blow. I've done nothing but been nice to you in the past. I have always respected you (atleast on the outside) in the past. I have never done one thing to you that deserves what you just said about me.

how's your pro-gameing life going cane? are u 1337 making 6 figures yet.
can't say I'm a pro-gamer just yet. but atleast I'm trying.

quit AD, quit DOH, quit dTk, how long u gonna hang with st7...till they lose...until your nexium runs out?

funny you mention this... I quit AD after we won on de_nuke in week2 and our CAL record was 1-1. The reason I quit was because there was not enough dedication.

I quit DOH after being in it for a year.. i know you're not going to say I quit DOH cause they were losing in the MCC..

I quit dTk after we beat a 4-0 CAL-im clan in our de_cbble match.. our record at the time was 1-3..

maybe you should just quit the community, oh wait you already did, why are you still here?
I did? I remember saying I was going to take a break from CS a few times...

cane i've held back for some time but, i no longer respect you and your 'tude (nice Rev), you are a whiny disgruntled 17year old that's very confused about what seems to be life.

you're right.. I am 17.. I am confused about life..

get your head outa yer donkey and realize that you actually have friends all around you yet you continue to be as raw as a 1 grit sanding wheel. life is more important than CS, maybe you need to find one sooner rather than later.

...you don't know me as well as you think you do ;\

...and friends all around me? I guess sorta like I always knew you were one of my good friends...

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests
Mentioning who they want: of course!  My point is this: mention someone, because someone benefits.  If you didn't get to like GD through us, then don't mention us.  We don't lose anything if you don't, we only stand to benefit from the simple thought.

If your learned about GD by browsing the web, select that!

If you heard about it because someone called your house and pronounced your name wrong before telling you about it, mention them!

If you came to like GD's servers by playing on trop, mention us! 

Where's the high pressure sales i this?  What fog have I created?

why couldn't you have just said it like that the first time? it sounds 10x nicer... -imo.

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests
<tired of cane's 'tude>

i guess it's hard to tell "tone" in internet message boards...

sorry rev, didn't mean to have a bad "'tude"... <_<

Now gentlemen.

Lets settle down a tad, we've all had problems with other people in our community, however, as Mom can attest to (in the fight between me and stinger). Insulting only results in more insulting, and the only way for the problem to be solved is for someone to let it go, as Stinger and I both agreed to stop fighting and now we are cool!

Mmmm: Cane is a cool guy and fun to play with. He's not stuck up although like all of us he can get hotheaded sometimes. And NO he didnt quit DOH because he was loosing MCC...

Cane: Mmmm was just trying to get some help paying for a great and expensive server. We all know fatty meant no offense although his post may have sounded like it.

Drop the topic. Leave it. It will be forgotten.

Lets just let this post be at rest! :

Nice posts cane, ok i feel alot better know, I thought my day was going to be ruined, not b/c of the nasty language, ( you should hear me talk) but b/c it sounded like you were gonna blow up and leave.... Dude just take it easy, have a good weekend, I'll see you in game.

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests
Insulting only results in more insulting

notice i haven't thrown out one insult in this whole thread.. ;\

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests
Nice posts cane, ok i feel alot better know, I thought my day was going to be ruined, not b/c of the nasty language, ( you should hear me talk) but b/c it sounded like you were gonna blow up and leave....  Dude just take it easy, have a good weekend, I'll see you in game.

you too grut. take care.